Six Game Retrospective

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Six Game Retrospective

Post by dbr »

Just a few thoughts about the 2012-2013 season, based on what we can project from the games up to this point.
  • Zack Kassian is going to score 32 goals (or a pace equal to 55 goals per 82 games)
  • Dan Hamhuis is going to finish the season -24
  • Roberto Luongo is going to outplay Cory Schneider all season long and either win back the starting job or the team will trade the wrong goaltender
  • Alex Burrows will take nearly 400 faceoffs
  • Manny Malhotra's wife is on pace to give birth seven more times
  • Jannik Hansen will see more ice time than any Canuck forward not named Sedin
  • Mason Raymond will finish the season with a shooting percentage of 21.4%
Just some things to think about as we draw conclusions from the first six games.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Six Game Retrospective

Post by Potatoe1 »

A few more.

-Jason Garrison will never get the puck on net again.

-Alex Edler will give away 2 goals per game and get bought out at year end.

-Ryan Kessler will play 0 games.

-Chris Tanev, Zack Kassian, Jordan Schroder, and any other player who has played more then 6 games in the last 9 months will always be our best players.

-We will lose every shoot out.

-The Oilers will win the Division and then send us packing round 1.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

By game 24 we will be: 11/8/5.. and picking up speed
at game 48 we will be 25/15/8 and a trade will have been made and we will cocked and loaded for post season.. 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I will have not watched a single game all year.
I will be on a tropical vacation for the remainder of the season. 8-)
I will be pleasantly surprised with Kassian's goal output every time I check the scores.

I will still hate the Hawks, Kings, Flames and Oilers.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

UMMMMM EXCUSE ME but it's a FOUR GAME INTROSPECTIVE. YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER will be apreciated in the FUTURE.

Exactly which poster was it that posted that at the other site ??? My brain is at a LOSS.

I do remember him getting carved but that's about it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

That was a Klatt masterpiece, if I recall correctly. Of course I've already been two games late and wrong on the title, so.. :crazy:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dbr wrote: [*]Manny Malhotra's wife is on pace to give birth seven more times
Now, that is a scary thought... I hope that all seven times are not in this shorten season.... :lol:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Kassian is definitely getting the Cy Young!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dbr wrote:That was a Klatt masterpiece, if I recall correctly. Of course I've already been two games late and wrong on the title, so.. :crazy:
You know what .....I think it was a poster called Dr Giggles....or Pinhead.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Jovocop wrote:
dbr wrote: [*]Manny Malhotra's wife is on pace to give birth seven more times
Now, that is a scary thought... I hope that all seven times are not in this shorten season.... :lol:
Hey, she's already done it once in six games, with 42 games left it's a mathematical certainty.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
dbr wrote:That was a Klatt masterpiece, if I recall correctly. Of course I've already been two games late and wrong on the title, so.. :crazy:
You know what .....I think it was a poster called Dr Giggles....or Pinhead.
Holy shit you guys. I have just received a letter from Dr. Giggles. He wasn't just a figment of creeper's imagination, he was a real guy! Anyway, he claims that his pre-trial judge won't let him communicate via internet and so he contacted me instead. I have since replied and informed him that any further correspondence will be met with legal action. Anyway, here are the pertinent sections from his letter.

Deer frends,

I have braking nooz!!1

Since I crash my taxi and murdered my wife I have spent much time surfing your website and it is very very good indeed. You peeple are very good peeple. I get to know you all very well now but I am angry two. Sum of you peeple need help from Giggles.

I would rather use my ceremonial dagger to shave Farhan's back on a hot day than read another rambling wall of text from this dingleberryman fellow.

I would rather throw another beaker of sulphuric acid on my sister-in-law I (I DIDN'T WANT TOO DOO IT) than be forced to view another stoopid thread started by this Wildfaeiry woman. Something quite tarible has happened to this woman and she needs to stop now please.

I would rather see Hockey Widow doing calisthenics naked than hear another bad werd about this Luongo man. he is trying very hard and is very good and you peeple are very very bad fans indeed.

So yes you are good peeple but I hate some peeple very much. This Rumsfeld fellow is worst of all. You should not trust him frends this is very important.

Tell Ohdee I have many chickens for sale. And if cranberries are required...

It pretty much stops making sense there. He goes on to describe his Surry townhouse in great detail. Much of the letter appears to be written in blood of of some sort.

I really hope this is the last we hear from Giggles. I never liked him and I have no idea what he's capable of.

*glances over shoulder*So long, Brother.

(RIP Creeps)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Well I'm starting to think I shouldn't get my hopes up too high with this current team, especially if we are not going to get a 100% Kesler back soon, even if he does come back he won't be the same for awhile.

I expect a much better squad for the 2013/14 season when hopefully we'll get a stronger, healthier RK17, lose the UFA's and hopefully that Luongo or Schneider deal will get done.

Then maybe MG will pull a 2009 Pittsburgh Penguins move and relieve Vigneault from his coaching duties this offseason, to bring in some new blood/fresh approach to this core squad whose been together for a very long time now.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: (RIP Creeps)
AHHHH some classic Creeper crap!!

No wonder they named a forum after him, the man was an artist. :thumbs:

"I would rather use my ceremonial dagger to shave Farhan's back on a hot day than read another rambling wall of text from this dingleberryman fellow."

:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: (RIP Creeps)
AHHHH some classic Creeper crap!!

No wonder they named a forum after him, the man was an artist. :thumbs:

"I would rather use my ceremonial dagger to shave Farhan's back on a hot day than read another rambling wall of text from this dingleberryman fellow."

the gift that keeps on giving... :thumbs:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :wave: :wave: :cheers: