GDT: Jan 28 - Canucks @ Kings 7:30PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Jan 28 - Canucks @ Kings 7:30PM PST TSN

Post by BurningBeard »

SKYO wrote:AV needs to re-think the special team on shootouts, it's a vital part of the game now!
I think AV would put Edler out three times for each shootout if he could.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

sagebrush wrote:So far this season, our top defensive pair seems clear.

So, which D man is it that folks want to ship out at years end again?
We're 6 games into a season after a lockout. Not sure how anyone could truly be evaluated thus far.

After 6 games last season, Vancouver had one less point and had been shutout twice.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

For shits and giggles I found some comments from last year's 6th regular season game GDT..

"I think every game counts when you're in the western conference. Teams are stronger and there are no gimmes. Do we want to be like Chicago last year? 97 pts. and hoping for someone to lose to sneak in the 8th spot?

On the bright side... hey how bout them d-men? Specially the KB twins eh wot?

Bingo, Bango, Bongo, 4uongo, Hammer & Edler is a -3go in one period. Manny now -4, KB3 now -4, KB4 now -5. Dare I mention Roberto's save percentage?"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Edler.

Just remember folks, I'm happy to be wrong, but at season's end, if/when Edler is still playing like this, look no further than me to hear a, "I told ya so."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Larry Goodenough wrote:

We're 6 games into a season after a lockout. Not sure how anyone could truly be evaluated thus far.

After 6 games last season, Vancouver had one less point and had been shutout twice.
Ture, but the same can be said for every team.

There are no excuses to be had because every team was/is in the same boat. This team stinks right now and a shake up is needed badly. Luongo being traded is not that shake up anymore because everyone has known it to be coming since last April. I've got two whipping boys on this team, Vigneault and Edler. Take your pick, one of them being shipped out would do it. This team needs a fire lit under their collective ass and Vigneault just isn't the guy to do that.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Larry Goodenough wrote:For shits and giggles I found some comments from last year's 6th regular season game GDT..

"I think every game counts when you're in the western conference. Teams are stronger and there are no gimmes. Do we want to be like Chicago last year? 97 pts. and hoping for someone to lose to sneak in the 8th spot?

On the bright side... hey how bout them d-men? Specially the KB twins eh wot?

Bingo, Bango, Bongo, 4uongo, Hammer & Edler is a -3go in one period. Manny now -4, KB3 now -4, KB4 now -5. Dare I mention Roberto's save percentage?"
Yeah, yeah. But right now we are seeing the exact same shit we have seen at the start of every season, and, with the exception of 2010/11, we are, it is the same shit we saw to end every season. Blown leads, shit turnovers, great goaltending, no-show-forwards, held to the outside, giving up easy shots, slumping PP, average PK, stupid penalties, lack of intensity, one-dimensional approach, zero adjustment or adaptation to opponents, lousy breakout. It's just too predictable.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Dear Canucks.

I've read this particular chapter (the 2-0 lead followed by blowing the lead, going to OT, and losing in the SO) several times this season already - no need to keep re-reading this chapter.

Sincerely,
S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

OMG the Canucks just lost to the defending Stanley Cup Champions while playing their 3rd road game in 4 nights!!! :shock:

Damn Canucks.

(Great Game, Luongo).
Hono_rary Canadian
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

.500 hockey In these circumstances shouldn't be this hard to watch....lol
I hope we can continue getting points when we can till our ship has all its crew and the rest pull thier head of thier ass
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

When we get the rest back we will once again dominate. Fuck the President's trophy. I want the Cup this year, but we need Kes to be Kes so whenever it happens is good as long as we make the dance. Still think we could have got a ton for Kes a year ago. Now, not so much and I tire of his diving. It is a punk way to play the game.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Earth to Sedins, Come in Sedins

We need more Janik Hansens. Has Hansen not elevated his game or what? Looks great!

I see Schroeder is now on the AV clock. Benched near the end of the 3rd period last night. How long do we give him until he's on the red eye to that great developmental team the Chicago Wolves

I see AV had his favorite son, Malhotra back in the line-up

I'm confused, what is Weise's role with this team, he fights like Trevor Linden, like Donald Brashear he somehow thinks he actually has top 9 forward skill. What is the deal? Is he just another AV guy

I see we are now blaming Edler for Garrison's nonchalant terrible play. "BLAME EDLER!" BLAME RAYMOND!"

It's quite simple, our offense, our Defense, Edler has not been the same since Erhoff has left. I'd subtract Ballard and Garrison's contract for an Erhoff contract any day of the week.

So, I see the "no worry boys, the season is still early" posters are out in droves right now. Um, yeah, it's a shortened season, the race to the playoffs started at the drop of the puck at the first game of the season.

I still have more confidence in Luongo than I do Schneider. Luongo was our best player last night.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote: So, I see the "no worry boys, the season is still early" posters are out in droves right now.

No worry boys, the season is still early (smile).

When you are fully expecting a start like this, it really doesn't bother you.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Can we please not see Ebbett dress ever again. Completely useless
RoyalDude wrote:I see AV had his favorite son, Malhotra back in the line-up
The Canucks have 13 forwards on the roster. One of them is Manny Malhotra, another is Andrew Ebbett.

The Canucks will necessarily dress at least one of them each game.

In RoyalDude's world, that's what you call a good problem to have.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote: The Canucks have 13 forwards on the roster. One of them is Manny Malhotra, another is Andrew Ebbett.

The Canucks will necessarily dress at least one of them each game.
LOL...and you expect this change when we have a healthy line-up? My god dbr, as long as AV is here, Malhotra gets right of passage.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I thought there would be way more sheet soakers in here after a 2-2-2 start. This is impressive. Then again this place doesn't get the traffic of HFboards or CDC.....thank god for that .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”