GDT: Jan 28 - Canucks @ Kings 7:30PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Jan 28 - Canucks @ Kings 7:30PM PST TSN

Post by Jovocop »

Speaking of cowards like Brown, Justin William is not anything better. Did anyone catch him yapping at Kassian behind the refs. I am sure that William is such a tough MF... :evil:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Our conditioning is awful. LA is skating us right out of the rink. I get that it's back to back nights, but it's game 6 FFS.

Luongo is the only reason we're in this.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Our conditioning is awful. LA is skating us right out of the rink. I get that it's back to back nights, but it's game 6 FFS.

His value is just getting higher than a few days ago.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Im starting to not like Garrison in a David Booth kind of way. I sure hope there is more to this guy than the fucking blunders we are getting so far. And, uh, where is this so called big boom stick of a shot he has?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Jovocop wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Our conditioning is awful. LA is skating us right out of the rink. I get that it's back to back nights, but it's game 6 FFS.

His value is just getting higher than a few days ago.
Got that right.

However, if I'm Gillis I'm hanging onto him. The team looks like shit around him right now. The Sedins aren't going. Edler is playing pond-hockey. Our goaltending could be the only thing that gets us points. Frankly, having two guys that give you a chance to win every night is probably more important to us than a third line centre and a guy that probably will play in the minors or junior this season.

If the offers aren't where they need to be, nothing wrong with waiting. Either someone will pony up what we want closer to the deadline, or we wait until the offseason when teams can do a buyout or a restructure.

I don't buy Dregr's BS. Luongo has been nothing but upstanding throughout this. He'll continue to be a team guy, play lights-out when he's got his chance and wait for the deal to come. He probably knows who's interested in him. And if it's teams like Edmonton and the Islanders, he might rather be in Vancouver. I can't help but think of the Thomas/Rask scenario a few years back. Yes, the cap will be a concern... NEXT season, not this one.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:Im starting to not like Garrison in a David Booth kind of way. I sure hope there is more to this guy than the fucking blunders we are getting so far. And, uh, where is this so called big boom stick of a shot he has?
I hear ya there Dude.

It's super-early though. He hasn't been good. He looks slow, and hasn't been able to get his shot off (or on the net).

New team, new system, high expectations. Edler has been a disaster as his partner. So I'll give him some slack, but he needs to be better than this to justify his contract and minutes.

Ballard-Tanev, again, is our best tandem tonight.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Im starting to not like Garrison in a David Booth kind of way. I sure hope there is more to this guy than the fucking blunders we are getting so far. And, uh, where is this so called big boom stick of a shot he has?
I hear ya there Dude.

It's super-early though. He hasn't been good. He looks slow, and hasn't been able to get his shot off (or on the net).

New team, new system, high expectations. Edler has been a disaster as his partner. So I'll give him some slack, but he needs to be better than this to justify his contract and minutes.

Edler just would not pass the puck to Garrison...

Hamhuis is bad...

Ballard and Tanev are defensively sound.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
I hear ya there Dude.

Hamhuis is bad...

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
I hear ya there Dude.

Hamhuis is bad...

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

For the dreaded shootout:

Burrows
Kassian
Schroeder
Edler
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Jovo - I think that is a record 3 of the same posts :mex:

Pathetic SO attempts.

You could tell that was the 3rd game in 4 nights.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

We were only lucky to make it to OT/SO, because if it wasn't for Luongo standing on his head and making plays of the day saves, this team should have been blown out 6-2 for LA.
Team is rusty still sans Luongo who seems to be on a season long mission to be great, because really he's in his uber prime years now.

Having no 2nd line is becoming overly apparent, however the team cannot rush RK back quickly as he could ruin his career if he re-injures that same shoulder again and again.

Glad they tried to fix having the 'too many left side dmen problem' with Bieksa pairing with Garrison and Hammy with Elder for some time. However something needs to be fixed with those top 4 as they just can't seem to find the right chemistry yet to get going.

Bright side in all the top 4 d mess is that Ballard and Tanev are playing like our top pairing Dmen, glad to see Ballard find some new energy and confidence, he's playing great!

AV needs to re-think the special team on shootouts, it's a vital part of the game now!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Reefer2 wrote:Jovo - I think that is a record 3 of the same posts :mex:

Pathetic SO attempts.

You could tell that was the 3rd game in 4 nights.
Sorry, for whatever reason, I could not see the post until the third time I hit the submit button...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Another point stolen by Luongo. Another 2 goal lead we gave up. We certainly do not have our legs yet and there are no real signs that we are about to get them. We had better be thankful we have two goalies that can steal us points at this time in the season. The sad reality is that if we don't take the division there is a good chance we don't make the playoffs. Thankfully our division is so weak.

I feel kinda like the Canucks are playing, disinterested and uninspired. I turned the game off when the third period started. Just felt like a loss coming.

Playing .500 hockey I guess isn't so bad.
The only HW the Canucks need
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

So far this season, our top defensive pair seems clear.

So, which D man is it that folks want to ship out at years end again?
Less Canucks embarrassment please.