OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by CFP! »

SN-one is having the Kitchener game on tonight.

Corrado and McEneny.

A back-up plan if Cory shits the bed alongside Hammer/Juice tonight.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/ ... r_rangers/
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

[quote="Blob Mckenzie"] After today the Blobcat is off the sauce for a two month breather.
/quote]

I HATE to qoute myself but THIS WILL be a TRYING time for BLOB E . Please UNDERSTAND that he may not have the same EDGE that he USUALLY has, and be PATIENT with him for the first TWO weeks as he will be living the life of a broke prick from Deroche.

I WILL BE BACK...... AND I MAY MISBEHAVE THROUGHOUT tonight's game.

Oh it's true....... :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: After today the Blobcat is off the sauce for a two month breather.
I HATE to qoute myself but THIS WILL be a TRYING time for BLOB E . Please UNDERSTAND that he may not have the same EDGE that he USUALLY has, and be PATIENT with him for the first TWO weeks as he will be living the life of a broke prick from Deroche.

I WILL BE BACK...... AND I MAY MISBEHAVE THROUGHOUT tonight's game.

Oh it's true....... :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
I'll drink to that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Washington just keeps on losing. Down 2-0 tonight to the Devils. Lou to Washington? Forsberg or Wilson, Brouwer and Carlson for Luongo and Ballard . I'd take Johansson but I think Forsberg's ceiling is higher.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I see Marleau is trying to get on the 2014 Olympic team in Sochi. 4th game in a row with 2 goals. :shock:

Should have grabbed in my hockey pool!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

SKYO wrote:I see Marleau is trying to get on the 2014 Olympic team in Sochi. 4th game in a row with 2 goals. :shock:

O'byrne with an instigator with a visor penalty and SJ with two PP goals on the same power play. Looks like the refs have been told to call instigators tighter this year, especially when a fight is started to avenge a big, clean hit.

Marleau had the two pp goals. He's now shooting 54% (8 for 15). He'll regress back to his usual 14% before the Olympics and his 2 goals on 15 shots won't look as impressive.

SJ has some 25 yr old from Nanaimo named Matt Irwin leading their D in ice time today as well and he's got their 4th goal.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: I see Marleau is trying to get on the 2014 Olympic team in Sochi. 4th game in a row with 2 goals. :shock:

Skyo, I know you're trying to get me to brag about leading the Canucks Corner Hockey Pool

... what with Marleau (3), Thornton (2), and Boyle (2) adding to my lead today.

But it ain't gunna happen big guy, it ain't gunna happen....

Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Larry Goodenough wrote: SJ has some 25 yr old from Nanaimo named Matt Irwin leading their D in ice time today as well and he's got their 4th goal.
He's actually from Brentwood Bay, about 5 minutes from Butchart Gardens and about 10 minutes from the Victoria airport. Played Junior "B" for the Saanich Braves before moving up to the "A" Clippers in Nanaimo.

Nice to see an island boy doing well. Speaking of former Peninsula Eagles minor hockey players, Jamie Benn re-upped in Dallas. His old man Randy must be pretty pumped... 5 years $26.25M.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I already can't stand Justin Schultz. I want to see Volpatti or Kassian lay him out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Taylor Hall is Mason Raymond all over again.

Whatever happened to Nick Shultz? He used to be waaay better.

Fistric riding the pine after getting beat outside by every single Flame forward.

Edmonton needs some serious defensive help. After Shultz and maybe Smid, they have squat. They make the Flames look like contenders ffs
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: I see Marleau is trying to get on the 2014 Olympic team in Sochi. 4th game in a row with 2 goals. :shock:

Skyo, I know you're trying to get me to brag about leading the Canucks Corner Hockey Pool

... what with Marleau (3), Thornton (2), and Boyle (2) adding to my lead today.

But it ain't gunna happen big guy, it ain't gunna happen....

haha still a tad early for some gratz on that, who is sagebrush?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:I see Marleau is trying to get on the 2014 Olympic team in Sochi. 4th game in a row with 2 goals. :shock:

I had a chance at him for my fantasy league, but declined because he is classically a fast starter and then evens out and ends up finishing top 15 or so in goals.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Taylor Hall is Mason Raymond all over again.
LOL...it will never end will it Dan? If Raymond has a spectacular season, keeps playing the way he does, scores 30 goals around there, you'd still hate him and you'd still go on about how great Booth, Malhotra and Higgins even if they continue to play shitty all year

Plus your comparisons are way off, it's David Booth whom Taylor Hall reminds me off, get the puck throw on the blinders. They both share the same tunnel vision and just try to beat you out wide, trying to bust through checks they way they played in junior. If Taylor Hall doesn't adjust his game at the pro level he will have the same type of career as David Booth and won't be the superstar he is projected to be.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:Um correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the reason why we gave up a skilled, young, top 6 centre in Hodgson? To get tougher up front? Doesn't say much about Kassian does it
I'll be your Huckleberry. We gave us a skilled young centre to get a somewhat less skilled, way bigger, way tougher, way meaner and a higher compete level young forward. We gave up a regular season prima-donna for an expected hard-nosed playoff performer. That says everything.

I want the guy who pastes the forward into the board, not the guy pasted into the boards.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Taylor Hall is Mason Raymond all over again.
LOL...it will never end will it Dan? If Raymond has a spectacular season, keeps playing the way he does, scores 30 goals around there, you'd still hate him and you'd still go on about how great Booth, Malhotra and Higgins even if they continue to play shitty all year

Plus your comparisons are way off, it's David Booth whom Taylor Hall reminds me off, get the puck throw on the blinders. They both share the same tunnel vision and just try to beat you out wide, trying to bust through checks they way they played in junior. If Taylor Hall doesn't adjust his game at the pro level he will have the same type of career as David Booth and won't be the superstar he is projected to be.
Dude! What the hell??? I haven't been a full on Raymond basher have I? Are you confusing me with someone else?

First off, comparisons to Raymond are not an insult to Raymond. It's more of a revelation that Hall isn't the next Sidney Crosby as he was touted to be from his draft year on.
Second, I am inclined to agree that he sometimes looks like a Booth style player as well. lets meet in the middle and call him a Booth/Raymond hybrid shall we? Better?
Third, what the hell is wrong with Higgins??? I can understand the frustration with Manny since the eye injury but Higgins had a damn good year playing up to his capabilities and given he isn't the hub of our offense it's safe to call him an asset. Maybe he's off to a slower start this year but come on! You gotta have a bit more patience than 4 friggin games my friend.

I see that you regularly cycle through Vancouvers' role players and take turns beating them down when they falter. I think it's time for you to let it go and move forward. All the hate is not only going to give you an ulcer but will surely speed up the hair loss.
Meditate. Pray. Ti Chi. OOHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
If you need air...call it in