herb wrote:Some thoughts:
- Schneider was strong early on. Kept the boys in it when their legs weren't under them for the first few minutes, and cruised to the SO. Very encouraging play for him last night. Full marks to our goalie for the SO.
- Best game I can recall seeing from the Ballard/Tanev pairing. Maybe there is hope yet for Ballard? Both played a very strong two way game, and actually looked dangerous offensively for a change. They got some PP time near the end, and Tanev showed a nice shot and nearly scored his first through a screen.
- The Hamhuis/Bieksa pairing continues to look a bit lost at times. They'll get it going sooner or later, but I'd prefer sooner. Nice to see a bit of that old snarl from Bieksa. Hamhuis looks weak at times...maybe he hasn't been eating his Wheaties?
- The Sedins are starting to find their rhythm. Kassian didn't play as well as the games against the Alberta team, but still managed to pot a goal on a pretty good shot. That was a really tough angle...I know I would've missed!
- Garrison is looking like a home run FA signing. We haven't seen much of that wicked shot, but he is very noticeable at both ends of the rink, in positive ways of course. He has a very calm presence with the puck, and has been great in his own zone.
- I am really liking Schroeder's game. I had no idea what to expect as I haven't seen more than a handful of Wolves' games, but the kid has big league skating and his positioning is very good. Defensively he has been good, which bodes well for him sticking. In his two games he could have had two goals as he has had open looks out front in each game. I'd like to see more of his shot, which I believe is pretty good. It goes without saying that he has been much better than Ebbett.
- Even when Kesler is back, I'd like to see Schroeder play. Now that would give the top 9 a ridiculous amount of flexibility. Lapierre belongs on the 4th line.
- Volpatti with a nice effort. More of that, not to mention fewer injuries, and he might stick in the NHL.
- Hiller played like shite.
- Corey Perry is such a punk ass bitch. Shorthouse nailed it when he called him the worst loser in the NHL.
- It must really suck for Ryan Getzlaf that he's so bald.
Raymond was most likely the best forward for the Canucks in this game, two goals, flying every shift and even the likes of Herb cannot find it in himself to praise him. Nobody Loves Raymond.