The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:
its about inner peace and whats right for spidey.. there is no "wrong" here *touches thumb and forefinger while humming hmmmmmmmmm*
Thanks R.A.T.T. ;)

My boycott is not so much about the whiny millionaires and the bitchy billionaires fighting over the last remnants of road kill (us, the fans). More about the state of the game, the bullshit, biases and unfairness of it all. I always looked at the guys before that said the game was better before expansion and before this and before that and I thought 'I'll never be one of those dudes that leave and lose their love of the NHL' well geuss what...I'm getting there, maybe I'm going the way of BD and the DoDo bird but I just can't be bothered...it's a sign of the times I guess...instead of all the posturing and arguing and locking out why not work what is important...the substance of the game, make IT better not all the bullshit around it...all to please the American audience...and shareholders and stupid Laugh fanz...remember glowing pucks?

I'll always be a Canuck fan and I might get back into it, I've been a fanatic since I was 6 and my old man took me to my first game at Pacific Colosseum, great memories and stories , in Vancouver and funny enough on the road with the team and continues here in T.O.
I don't think it will change, if it's not Buttman, it'll be someone else from the corporate world who will continue to ruin it...would a Cup change my views? Maybe, who knows, that's why I am willing to 'boycott this season, really, what's the point to it? The post season is the best part of hockey anyways right?! I didn't miss the Fall hockey so much, I missed the anticipation of the Fall hockey...
Think of me as a veteran fan who is deeply hurt and needs to recover but will come back in full force when it matters...

I"M THE FUCKING MATTS SUNDIN OF FANDOM GAWD DANG IT!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watching the Canes and Buffalo right now and young Cody Hodgson was the goat on both Cane goals against. He got outmuscled in the slot on the first then couldn't catch up to the play to get the puck back after he loses it in his own zone.

"Machine Gun Grabner(LO-fuckin-L)" in his game weakly fluttering around the off wing looking for loose pucks while his line mates dig in vain(because they need that other guy digging too to actually gain control). Wimp. We honestly got the better player and I hate Ballard.

I have to admit it now for sure...Topper was right about Cody. OHL wheels=not good enough

edit-funny how as I post that he gets a goal! I should've known
If you need air...call it in
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Yeah he got a goal, but the Faulk goal by the CAnes the overhead replay really showed what I was saying. Hodgson never has a chance to get back and help and credit to him as he is giving it his all but the fact is he had his head down skating as hard as he could and he was losing ground on the guy carrying the puck. Until he improves that skating his two way game will be suspect (and may not even exist). That siad, it doesn't change the fact he's a good prospect and will likely have a good career...as much as I liked him in a canuck uniform I'm happier with the fit Kassian could be for this team.

edit: just after posting hodgson with a brutal giveaway behind his net and the canes score.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

A couple of handy links that take you directly to NHL video of all goals by these players:

Michael Grabner

Cody Hodgson

...and, of course

Zack Kassian

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fuck! It's the CoHo/Grabner Combo Show tonight! Each with a goal. FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Give Hodgson more credit than 1 goal....he was on the ice for 8 goals tonight! unfortunately 5 of them were Cane goals and he ended up a -2.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:Give Hodgson more credit than 1 goal....he was on the ice for 8 goals tonight! unfortunately 5 of them were Cane goals and he ended up a -2.

Looks like your buddy Grabs is off to another 35 goals a season pace again, eh Tant?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

RoyalDude wrote:
tantalum wrote:Give Hodgson more credit than 1 goal....he was on the ice for 8 goals tonight! unfortunately 5 of them were Cane goals and he ended up a -2.

Looks like your buddy Grabs is off to another 35 goals a season pace again, eh Tant?
Streaky is streaky wait until the end of the season...he can easily go into a 1 goal in 15 game streak ans find himself benched. Happened as far back as late last year. Besides given Grabner himself has said several times if it wasn't for being traded, getting waived, and being allowed 40 games on a weak team to sort things out he wouldn't be in the NHL. I don't see the logic in harping on it over and over and over again. 32 points last year...about the same pace as a useless player coming off a broken back.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Streaky is streaky wait until the end of the season...he can easily go into a 1 goal in 15 game streak ans find himself benched. Happened as far back as late last year. Besides given Grabner himself has said several times if it wasn't for being traded, getting waived, and being allowed 40 games on a weak team to sort things out he wouldn't be in the NHL. I don't see the logic in harping on it over and over and over again. 32 points last year...about the same pace as a useless player coming off a broken back.
the venom!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

tantalum wrote:
haha I remember back at the ol' cc battling with tant over Grabner a lot, #40 is never going to be a rockemsockem player, but he's uber fast and has a great shot, I think he'll have a good goal scoring career over the long haul.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Corsi?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Tant! A HUGE NIGHT FOR GRABNER! 2 goals, 1 assist.

Tant is just upset that his boy's Malhotra and Higgins are stinking the joint out while his most despised - MayRay, CoHo and Grabs are flying out of the gate.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Malhotra and Higgins my favs? Sure thing. Still don't understand why you think I hate Grabner when I don't. The only thing I've ever said is that he wouldn't have made the canucks and would have been waived, his camp in Florida was horrible and he deserved to be waived and he needed 40 games on a terrible team with no depth to give him time to figure things out a bit and allow him to focus on saving his NHL career. It's the EXACT same things Grabner himself has said. And still last year he let things slip and found himself scratched and benched a few times. He is Mason Raymond on a bad team....better offensively but not as good defensively.

I also don't hate Raymond. Just because I wouldn't hesitate to replace him with a 20-25 goal scoring winger with size and grit doesn't mean I hate him.

Hodgson...all I can say is he better learn to skate because if he doesn't they are eventually going to put someone who can keep up between Vanek and Pominville. Vanek...9 points. Pominville 8 points. Hodgson with 3. Pretty clear who the one being carried on that line right now is. He truly was terrible last game. There is no denying it.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nice to see Machine Gun Grabner,Coho and Kassian off to good starts. Hopefully Grabner will have a bounce back year. Too bad we couldn't have all 3 of these guys together, they're young with good futures and they would have all the ingredients to be a good line for a long time: Grabner (speed and scoring), Coho (playmaking) and Kass (size and physical play).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Nice to see Machine Gun Grabner,Coho and Kassian off to good starts. Hopefully Grabner will have a bounce back year. Too bad we couldn't have all 3 of these guys together, they're young with good futures and they would have all the ingredients to be a good line for a long time: Grabner (speed and scoring), Coho (playmaking) and Kass (size and physical play).
Yeah too bad.... there are video games for this shit . You can pick your own team !!! :lol:

Seriously bra instead of following the skullet rocking Italian you may want to get start your own gig ??
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”