The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Jovocop » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Arachnid wrote:I don't think Zack is a locker room energy vampire the way the fat salmon was....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgWWwxA ... e=youtu.be

I think they actually like him, right BD?

Still haven't watched a game, just the highlights, only 45 more to go in my boycott :evil:

8-)
I can see why every other Canuck likes Kassian. First, there will be no fathers demanding extra icetime. Second, Kassian makes everyone taller and bigger. Third, he kicked Eager's ass who most of the Canucks should hate. I just can't wait until the Canucks meet the Bruins again.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17138
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Arachnid wrote: Still haven't watched a game, just the highlights, only 45 more to go in my boycott :evil:
Yeah no he ain’t gunna make it. :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I don't think Zack is a locker room energy vampire the way the fat salmon was....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgWWwxA ... e=youtu.be

I think they actually like him, right BD?

Still haven't watched a game, just the highlights, only 45 more to go in my boycott :evil:

8-)
I can see why every other Canuck likes Kassian. First, there will be no fathers demanding extra icetime. Second, Kassian makes everyone taller and bigger. Third, he kicked Eager's ass who most of the Canucks should hate. I just can't wait until the Canucks meet the Bruins again.
Thats good and all but you might want to get the sheriff a bit of a posse if they intend on pushing back hard physically against the Big Bad B's. As it stands now he is a lone gunslinger with maybe a couple fellas wanting to back his lead.

As others and myself have said I don't want a pure goon or three in the lineup but against a team like the Bruins who are a bunch of fucking bullies it would be nice to have a couple of raw meat eating assholes stewing in the minor and bring them in to play against that club. Chop em down to size so to speak.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by tantalum » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Image

I'm sure Eager also likes the Hodgson/Grabner combination a heck of a lot more than the one he received from Kassian.

I wonder if Grabner will get benched this year as he did last year. I also wonder what happens to Hodgson's production when the other 50% of the NHL gets up to speed. As it is, while he has a couple of goals he is generally far behind the play when Vanek and Pominville head up ice. His skating does not seem to have improved since last year and it is something he will need to improve on in order to continue holding down his spot. A team is always going to go for a the bigger bodies, faster center even if offensive production dips from that position.

Also agree with Blob...a couple more Kassian's certainly wouldn't hurt.
Last edited by tantalum on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17138
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: As others and myself have said I don't want a pure goon or three in the lineup but against a team like the Bruins who are a bunch of fucking bullies it would be nice to have a couple of raw meat eating assholes stewing in the minor and bring them in to play against that club. Chop em down to size so to speak.
Blobby, sometimes I wonder if you and I were separated at birth. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8312
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by rats19 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: As others and myself have said I don't want a pure goon or three in the lineup but against a team like the Bruins who are a bunch of fucking bullies it would be nice to have a couple of raw meat eating assholes stewing in the minor and bring them in to play against that club. Chop em down to size so to speak.
Blobby, sometimes I wonder if you and I were separated at birth. :mex:
brothers from the SAME mother..... :shock:
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9667
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Topper » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm

tantalum wrote:As it is, while he has a couple of goals he is generally far behind the play when Vanek and Pominville head up ice. His skating does not seem to have improved since last year and it is something he will need to improve on in order to continue holding down his spot.
:D
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2882
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Aaronp18 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 pm


User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8312
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by rats19 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Still haven't watched a game, just the highlights, only 45 more to go in my boycott :evil:
Yeah no he ain’t gunna make it. :drink:
Good for you Arachnid but this boycott business is a colossal fail.

NHL TV ratings 2013: NBC Sports Network sets all-time ratings record for Bruins vs. Rangers

Record numbers at NHL rinks and in ratings following lockout

NHL returns to strong TV ratings

They Shoot, They Score: NHL Ratings, Secondary Prices Show Fans Not Deterred by Lockout

Ratings win for NHL: 2013 openers give NBC record regular-season numbers
its about inner peace and whats right for spidey.. there is no "wrong" here *touches thumb and forefinger while humming hmmmmmmmmm*
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2882
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Aaronp18 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 pm

rats19 wrote: its about inner peace and whats right for spidey.. there is no "wrong" here *touches thumb and forefinger while humming hmmmmmmmmm*
Not saying that Spidey has failed, in fact I applaud his persistence.

Just the broad notion that the fans in general will boycott and the NHL will struggle on it`s return has failed miserably.

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Tciso » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I don't think Zack is a locker room energy vampire the way the fat salmon was....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgWWwxA ... e=youtu.be

I think they actually like him, right BD?

Still haven't watched a game, just the highlights, only 45 more to go in my boycott :evil:

8-)
I can see why every other Canuck likes Kassian. First, there will be no fathers demanding extra icetime. Second, Kassian makes everyone taller and bigger. Third, he kicked Eager's ass who most of the Canucks should hate. I just can't wait until the Canucks meet the Bruins again.
And, a goal, and the shootout winner against Calgary. Kassian is earning a warm place in my sub-coccles.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8312
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by rats19 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote: its about inner peace and whats right for spidey.. there is no "wrong" here *touches thumb and forefinger while humming hmmmmmmmmm*
Not saying that Spidey has failed, in fact I applaud his persistence.

Just the broad notion that the fans in general will boycott and the NHL will struggle on it`s return has failed miserably.
everything is as it should be at this very moment.....*hmmmmmmmm*
You are who you hang with.....

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Larry Goodenough » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Reefer2 wrote:Coho 2
Kassian 2

For those keeping score.

Goals scored using a stick

Coho 0
Kassian 2

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: As others and myself have said I don't want a pure goon or three in the lineup but against a team like the Bruins who are a bunch of fucking bullies it would be nice to have a couple of raw meat eating assholes stewing in the minor and bring them in to play against that club. Chop em down to size so to speak.
Blobby, sometimes I wonder if you and I were separated at birth. :mex:
Great minds think alike . :)

I have been known to herd buffalo and also cattle back in the day . How are you with that shit ??
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Arachnid » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: As others and myself have said I don't want a pure goon or three in the lineup but against a team like the Bruins who are a bunch of fucking bullies it would be nice to have a couple of raw meat eating assholes stewing in the minor and bring them in to play against that club. Chop em down to size so to speak.
Blobby, sometimes I wonder if you and I were separated at birth. :mex:
Great minds think alike . :)

I have been known to herd buffalo and also cattle back in the day . How are you with that shit ??
I heard cats..*meoooow*....er...let me try that again...I herd cats...well my dog the Australian Shepherd does at least....but I trained him OK?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Post Reply