0-14 > Best time for a slump...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Are you worried about the scoring?

Yes - it's a sign of the apocolypse
25%
Na - it's pre-season - who cares
75%

Total votes: 24

VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
VHF wrote:
Miller Time wrote:The team is just rusty. Maybe the fault lies with Crawford and the coaching staff for not preparing them properly. Once the season starts this team will revert to the form of 2 years ago and they will again be competitive. Every game has been close so far and once all the rookies are sent down the team will mesh. The D is a bit of a worry but again, Ohlund and Jovo aren't playing the big minutes that they will during the regular season. Give it time.
Ah... a voice of calm & reason :). Not sure if the coach is to blame. They had a good camp in Whistler, but perhaps the game prep could have better in the first few games.
Since when have the majority of Canuck fans EVER wanted to hear the voice of reason??!?!
:lol: I'd much rather hear and be involved in insightful and reasonable discussion than one with without. Unreasonable discussion is why I stay away from canucks.com. At my age, it's getting tough to be around it ;).
it's just a game...dammit!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

LOL...

I my time as a canuck fan (since Tiger) I have noticed a couple things...

1) Never can so few be hear by so many so far away....

2) Doom is ALWAYS a skate blade away....

3) Our fans can crucify any coach or goaltender for any reason, any time, any place...

4) and recently, in a general way, the vancouver media is the biggest group of crap licking, one-line spewing, sloughwater sucking (uneducated and loud) bunch of small minded biggots to report sports in Canada... AND

5) Too many fair weather fans listen to #4
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

I do agree that we are all panicking. It is only pre-season but there still are some glaring concerns. We still have 11 defencemen in camp showing that nobody has stepped up and shown that they can play at this level after the 4th D Man. When Bourdon at only 18 and straight out of junior (and has been impressive) is the next best guy on D, I think that's a problem. Still, there are a lot of other teams in much worse defensive shape than we are but unfortunaly they are not in our division.

I'm sure that once the finalized team has played a couple of games together, all will fall into place. The fact that we only took 6 penalties in the Calgary game is a vast improvement. Now, if that was regular season and we had 12 PP's vs Calgary's 6 with our two regualar PP units then I think we win that game. If we stay out of the box like that for most of the year then we will be in great shape.

I still have concerns about the lack of goals in the shoot-outs but that should be an easy fix with practice.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

mindbender wrote:I still have concerns about the lack of goals in the shoot-outs but that should be an easy fix with practice.
And to fufill MCP's third law...
It would be easy, on Cloutier :lol:
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

It was suggested in this thread that Big Bert is Jim Sandlak. That is crap, yet, pure genius.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Remember the St. Louis series
remember the calgary series? he was the reason we were able to control iginla as much as we did...had it not been for ohlund we would have been done in four i say
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
cupboundnucks
AHL Prospect

Post by cupboundnucks »

Im not worried
and i dont think anyone else should be
look..
we have one of the best top lines in the nhl
nazzy ..bert......these guys have more skill then 92 percnet of the rest of the players in the nhl..
.so they havnt "clicked" in these last few PRESEASON games...
typcial canuck fans here shouting its the end of the bloody world.
Over an 82game season they'll come to proper form.
the sedins..are going 2 play like the sedins.......im not worried there either

so fedfed isnt scoring tons of goals..and the rookies arnt so sharp....
big deal..we'll cut the weakest ones..and take the best ones come the start of the season.
Our D is a little weak, no doubt ..but its not as bad as other teams.
people need to relax a bit
94-95
"hey i jus got off work..did the nucks win the cup?"
"YEA THEY DID "
"no just kidding"
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

No reasons to be worried 'til christmas time.
Just remember the 2001/2002 season.... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

correct me if im wrong but i do beleive that our last two cup final appearances come after abismal preseasons?
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

feritflame wrote:correct me if im wrong but i do beleive that our last two cup final appearances come after abismal preseasons?
Not to mention unimpressive seasons... the 1982 team had a losing record. The 1994 team finished one game over .500, which was after a quick start, so they actually played losing hockey for almost the entire season.

Only goes to show how much the NHL playoffs are random, and determined mostly by luck, a hot goalie, and breaking the rules without getting caught.