So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Is Niederreiter a head case? Requesting a trade at his young age??? Hmmmm...I wonder if Gatling Gun Grabner is available?
The Isles stuck him on the fourth line last year where he struggled all year long, just so they could artificially stay over the floor.

Now he is tearing it up in the AHL and they won't call him up.

Frankly I'm more inclined to think the players who elect to stay long term with that Mickey Mouse franchise are more likely to be headcases than the ones who want out.

Is there a franchise in the league that has had this many players snub them? Nabokov, Visnovsky and now Niederreiter all in a couple of years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Is Niederreiter a head case? Requesting a trade at his young age??? Hmmmm...I wonder if Gatling Gun Grabner is available?
Niederreiter is 348% saner than Goofy Grabner according to my calculations.

Also, Niederreiter has more testosterone in his pinky finger than than Gutless Grabner has wildest dreams. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Oh I like that one better, Goofy Gutless Gull Grabner.

:thumbs:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Niederreiter is 348% saner than Goofy Grabner according to my calculations.
It's Machine Gun Grabner
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Niederreiter is 348% saner than Goofy Grabner according to my calculations.
It's Machine Gun Grabner
Why are you IN LOVE with all the cute little girlie-man hockey players

... Raymond, Grabner, RNH, Gagne, Yakupov, etc?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Interesting night for potential Luongo destination teams...
Philly, Florida and even Washington looking at shaky goaltending.
Is it a perfect scenario for us? You-betcha!!

Just waiting for the 2012/2013 GM of the Year award winner to pull the trigger and bring home the bacon.

"wiggle wiggle"
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

edit post
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Interesting night for potential Luongo destination teams...
Philly, Florida and even Washington looking at shaky goaltending.
Is it a perfect scenario for us? You-betcha!!

Just waiting for the 2012/2013 GM of the Year award winner to pull the trigger and bring home the bacon.

"wiggle wiggle"
I agree Danny Boy

Would not be surprised that Bold Moves Holmgren is about to make a bold move in the nets. COUTURIER!!!

Niederreiter is a headcase. Don't want him, I think Strome is another Kadri/Raymond type, don't want him.

If Florida continue to stink the joint out, just maybe Bjugstad's back in play. Don't think we'd get Huberdeau, Gudbranson or Kulikov.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

When I first read that interview with Gillis my brain thought Islanders.....I hadn't heard about Neitteriters trade request. Just that they are a team that nobody is going to think as being in the mix.

But they are a team with some young talent and some top goaltending could really help them turn the corner. Add Lou and a few more defensively responsible pieces and I think you could see them being a real dark horse in the east as early ad this spring an certainly next year.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

CFP! wrote:Its really too bad Dipetro aint a UFA till 2021.

There is some serious talent in that system.
Damn....foresight, I tell ya!

Cizikas(C), Strome and Nabokov is much better than Bozak and Kadri. :thumbs:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Like Luongo would waive to go to NYI. I can see him waiving to go to Washington, Philly or Florida. But not the soon to be Bronx Islanders. But they do have Nabokov to trade back so we could have a back up. :D

Washington hasn't had good goaltending on a regular basis since whats his name retired. I can see that being a perfect fit for Luongo and they have pieces to trade. Philly needs to deal with their cap issues going forward. So they would need to deal Byrz to make Luongo work and we ain't taking him back. Although Burke loved him in Anaheim so maybe Baby Brian would take him for a song and a dance so Philly could clear cap space.

I believe MG has a dance partner. Who, is anyone's guess at this point. Him going public I think is his way of saying fuck off to everyone.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Like Luongo would waive to go to NYI. I can see him waiving to go to Washington, Philly or Florida. But not the soon to be Bronx Islanders. But they do have Nabokov to trade back so we could have a back up. :D

Washington hasn't had good goaltending on a regular basis since whats his name retired. I can see that being a perfect fit for Luongo and they have pieces to trade. Philly needs to deal with their cap issues going forward. So they would need to deal Byrz to make Luongo work and we ain't taking him back. Although Burke loved him in Anaheim so maybe Baby Brian would take him for a song and a dance so Philly could clear cap space.

I believe MG has a dance partner. Who, is anyone's guess at this point. Him going public I think is his way of saying fuck off to everyone.
If the deal to be made is with Washington then I really would like to see it be a package deal both ways.....and I would love to see Troy Brouwer be part of the return.

As for Philly, I'm just not sure what they are going to offer us that we need or want. They pretty much blew up their team to make room for Bryzgalov and it would be retarded of Holmgren to then trade away some of the futures that he got in exchange for Carter and Richards.

Apparently Bob McKenzie has said on TSN radio that it is looking like Edmonton or Chicago is the mystery team. Not sure who the Oilers have that they would have to do something with so it can't be them.....also don't think Lou would go to Coiltown. Also don't have a clue who we would be getting back from the Hawks.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:Like Luongo would waive to go to NYI. I can see him waiving to go to Washington, Philly or Florida. But not the soon to be Bronx Islanders. But they do have Nabokov to trade back so we could have a back up. :D

Funny HW, I would have thought that you would be the most perplexed by Gillis' comments on a mystery trading partner. You mentioned before how tight lipped the organisation has become since Gillis took over and this "leak" is definitely not his style at all.
Coming on the heels of the response to Toronto's media circus deliberately trying to stir up a trade with the leaves last week, I wonder if the whole thing is completely bogus and just a little bit of revenge cooked up to throw the scent a little...

like you once said, the guy always seems to pull something out of left field when everyone least expects it...
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

With speculation going into high gear, I am going to make a bold, insane and therefore entirely plausible prediction

To Washington
Luongo + Ballard + 1st in 2013 and 2014

To Vancouver
Ovechkin

:wow: :devil:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote: Funny HW, I would have thought that you would be the most perplexed by Gillis' comments on a mystery trading partner. You mentioned before how tight lipped the organisation has become since Gillis took over and this "leak" is definitely not his style at all.
Coming on the heels of the response to Toronto's media circus deliberately trying to stir up a trade with the leaves last week, I wonder if the whole thing is completely bogus and just a little bit of revenge cooked up to throw the scent a little...

like you once said, the guy always seems to pull something out of left field when everyone least expects it...

Any "leak" coming out of Vancouver is usually well planned and deliberate. MG knows what he is doing but what his end game is, is anyone's guess. I have no doubt he said exactly what he intended to say but why is the question. I doubt he acted out of panic or frustration. There is a method to his madness but who knows. Maybe he is just fuck!ng with everyone. Luongo still maintains that MG has not approached him about waiving his NTC so if thats the case then it is highly unlikely any deal is almost worked out.

MG being this candid, if it is candour, is unusual therefore it is planned for some other reason. No one I've talked to has any more in depth analysis. So not much else leaking out.
The only HW the Canucks need