So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Me wonders if the Islanders could be the mystery team if there is any truth to this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

:thumbs:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Have I missed anything or why is Tampa not in the picture?

Yes and run "Lindback" through the search engine good buddy. :thumbs:

You mean the goalie that has played a total of 40 NHL games, drafted 7th round and has a 2.58 GAA and a 0.913 SV%?

You still didn't answer the question :thumbs:

The search engine would tell you that The Great Strangelove LOLed at Stevie's choice in Lindback good buddy! :thumbs:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Is Niederreiter a head case? Requesting a trade at his young age??? Hmmmm...I wonder if Gatling Gun Grabner is available?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Is Niederreiter a head case? Requesting a trade at his young age??? Hmmmm...I wonder if Gatling Gun Grabner is available?

The Isles stuck him on the fourth line last year where he struggled all year long, just so they could artificially stay over the floor.

Now he is tearing it up in the AHL and they won't call him up.

Frankly I'm more inclined to think the players who elect to stay long term with that Mickey Mouse franchise are more likely to be headcases than the ones who want out.

Is there a franchise in the league that has had this many players snub them? Nabokov, Visnovsky and now Niederreiter all in a couple of years.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Is Niederreiter a head case? Requesting a trade at his young age??? Hmmmm...I wonder if Gatling Gun Grabner is available?

Niederreiter is 348% saner than Goofy Grabner according to my calculations.

Also, Niederreiter has more testosterone in his pinky finger than than Gutless Grabner has wildest dreams. :thumbs:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Aaronp18 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Oh I like that one better, Goofy Gutless Gull Grabner.

:thumbs:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Strangelove wrote:Niederreiter is 348% saner than Goofy Grabner according to my calculations.

It's Machine Gun Grabner
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Niederreiter is 348% saner than Goofy Grabner according to my calculations.

It's Machine Gun Grabner

Why are you IN LOVE with all the cute little girlie-man hockey players

... Raymond, Grabner, RNH, Gagne, Yakupov, etc?
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Interesting night for potential Luongo destination teams...
Philly, Florida and even Washington looking at shaky goaltending.
Is it a perfect scenario for us? You-betcha!!

Just waiting for the 2012/2013 GM of the Year award winner to pull the trigger and bring home the bacon.

"wiggle wiggle"
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 pm

edit post
Last edited by RoyalDude on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Interesting night for potential Luongo destination teams...
Philly, Florida and even Washington looking at shaky goaltending.
Is it a perfect scenario for us? You-betcha!!

Just waiting for the 2012/2013 GM of the Year award winner to pull the trigger and bring home the bacon.

"wiggle wiggle"

I agree Danny Boy

Would not be surprised that Bold Moves Holmgren is about to make a bold move in the nets. COUTURIER!!!

Niederreiter is a headcase. Don't want him, I think Strome is another Kadri/Raymond type, don't want him.

If Florida continue to stink the joint out, just maybe Bjugstad's back in play. Don't think we'd get Huberdeau, Gudbranson or Kulikov.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm

When I first read that interview with Gillis my brain thought Islanders.....I hadn't heard about Neitteriters trade request. Just that they are a team that nobody is going to think as being in the mix.

But they are a team with some young talent and some top goaltending could really help them turn the corner. Add Lou and a few more defensively responsible pieces and I think you could see them being a real dark horse in the east as early ad this spring an certainly next year.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby CFP! » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm

CFP! wrote:Its really too bad Dipetro aint a UFA till 2021.

There is some serious talent in that system.

Damn....foresight, I tell ya!

Cizikas(C), Strome and Nabokov is much better than Bozak and Kadri. :thumbs:
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Like Luongo would waive to go to NYI. I can see him waiving to go to Washington, Philly or Florida. But not the soon to be Bronx Islanders. But they do have Nabokov to trade back so we could have a back up. :D

Washington hasn't had good goaltending on a regular basis since whats his name retired. I can see that being a perfect fit for Luongo and they have pieces to trade. Philly needs to deal with their cap issues going forward. So they would need to deal Byrz to make Luongo work and we ain't taking him back. Although Burke loved him in Anaheim so maybe Baby Brian would take him for a song and a dance so Philly could clear cap space.

I believe MG has a dance partner. Who, is anyone's guess at this point. Him going public I think is his way of saying fuck off to everyone.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Like Luongo would waive to go to NYI. I can see him waiving to go to Washington, Philly or Florida. But not the soon to be Bronx Islanders. But they do have Nabokov to trade back so we could have a back up. :D

Washington hasn't had good goaltending on a regular basis since whats his name retired. I can see that being a perfect fit for Luongo and they have pieces to trade. Philly needs to deal with their cap issues going forward. So they would need to deal Byrz to make Luongo work and we ain't taking him back. Although Burke loved him in Anaheim so maybe Baby Brian would take him for a song and a dance so Philly could clear cap space.

I believe MG has a dance partner. Who, is anyone's guess at this point. Him going public I think is his way of saying fuck off to everyone.

If the deal to be made is with Washington then I really would like to see it be a package deal both ways.....and I would love to see Troy Brouwer be part of the return.

As for Philly, I'm just not sure what they are going to offer us that we need or want. They pretty much blew up their team to make room for Bryzgalov and it would be retarded of Holmgren to then trade away some of the futures that he got in exchange for Carter and Richards.

Apparently Bob McKenzie has said on TSN radio that it is looking like Edmonton or Chicago is the mystery team. Not sure who the Oilers have that they would have to do something with so it can't be them.....also don't think Lou would go to Coiltown. Also don't have a clue who we would be getting back from the Hawks.
Meds
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat