Rookie Watch

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Rookie Watch

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:I'm excited to see how Schroeder does. He's a stocky kid so I don't expect him to be as weak on his skates as say, Mason Raymond if he stays aware of his limitations.
We should come up with a new swear word called - Raymond!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Give it a rest man. I can't use (probably) the lightest player on the team as a comparison to Schroeder?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Something tells me it's gonna be Washington or Philly. Washington is getting wooped at home. Looks like Holtby ain't so Hotby. The Flyers are down 3-0. They have started the season 0-2. Looks like after tonight they will be 0-3. Something tells me that Bold Moves Holmgren won't stand for this.

Leonis in Washington might be getting impatient. Nobody wants Lord Stanley more than that guy.

We should be looking at Kuznetzov, Wilson, Forsberg, Carlson or Johansson out of Washington and out of Philly, Couturier.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:Something tells me that Bold Moves Holmgren won't stand for this.
You're right, now is about the right time for him to trade someone to the future Stanley Cup champs... keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbs:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Calder race is basically going to be a two horse race between Tarasenko and Yakupov. Tarasneko with another goal last night and Yak scores as well. Both players are quite dynamic, pretty much leading the wave of the next Russian stars in the NHL. Shit, if the Capitals could only get Kuznetsov over from the KHL, look out. A lot of scouts feel the Kuznetsov is better than Tarasenko and Yakupov.

Silfverberg, Huberdeau and Granlund are good but not in the same league as those two.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nail Yakupov with his 5th

Brenden Gallagher with his 3rd. Did the Canucks let another Vancouver Giants player slip through their scouting fingers?

Rookie Scoring Board - http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/playe ... on/rookies

Where did this Conacher come from?