OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cody Hodgson scored his 2nd goal last night, in as many games this season. A goal a game pace for CoHo. Could he be joining the 50/50 club?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Cody Hodgson scored his 2nd goal last night, in as many games this season. A goal a game pace for CoHo. Could he be joining the 50/50 club?
*wiggle wiggle*
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Topper wrote: I was right on Cody, while you defended him til the end and are now trying cover your ass.
LOL so you were right in calling him a bust. Nice work on that prediction.

And as far as my opinion on the player, he seems to be developing into what I suggested he would. Lots of egg on my face on that one :lol:

Not that I have any problem with the trade of course, Kassian is clearly a better fit. I just think it's amusing that you were calling for a trade summer before last when his stock was at it's lowest point.

How did you put it, get something now before his value drops to zero?
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

Technically speaking Hodgson didn't actually score the goal. If you watch the replays i'd say pretty much all the credit should go to Erhoff, with a tiny bit going to Hodgson's backside. In this case the stats don't tell the whole story. I suppose an argument can be made that it doesn't matter how they go in, just that they go in.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Brick Tamland wrote:Technically speaking Hodgson didn't actually score the goal. If you watch the replays i'd say pretty much all the credit should go to Erhoff, with a tiny bit going to Hodgson's backside. In this case the stats don't tell the whole story. I suppose an argument can be made that it doesn't matter how they go in, just that they go in.
I believe in the first game he was just stopping into the crease and the puck went in off his skate. If I was a stats guy I would say this luck is unsustainable! That being said Cody will probably still get 10-15 goals this season, I wonder if he worked on his D zone coverage in the AHL.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yes but technically, all teams want guys who have the balls to drive the net to score. If Raymond got into the dirty areas to bounce every goal off his butt instead of always wiping out on the periphery, everyone would actually love him.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

skate and leg...what a sniper.... :wink: I still laugh when I picture Cotton Hill...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Topper wrote: I was right on Cody, while you defended him til the end and are now trying cover your ass.
LOL so you were right in calling him a bust. Nice work on that prediction.

And as far as my opinion on the player, he seems to be developing into what I suggested he would. Lots of egg on my face on that one :lol:

Not that I have any problem with the trade of course, Kassian is clearly a better fit. I just think it's amusing that you were calling for a trade summer before last when his stock was at it's lowest point.

How did you put it, get something now before his value drops to zero?
....and all from the stat line of a single game you didn't watch. Pure genius :smile:

Ahh, so now you say the prospect you wanted to QB the second line PP while taking the injured Kesler's spot in the line up had zero trade value at the time. You know if I didn't watch games I'd say a 2nd line centre and 2nd unit PP QB would have fairly good trade value.

Good thing I was watching games though.

GMMG and AV did spend half a season pumping his tires to get any value for him, and during that time you raved about his elite skill sets. LOL

I'm having a great time laughing at the revisionist history.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boy did John Carlson look like a sieve on that goal. Evander Kane made a fool of him. What's so great about Carlson?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

SJS up by a touchdown in the first period over the Coilers
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Meanwhile...over the rockies the wheels fall off the bus in the first period of game 2. 6 goals????
At least all the Coiler trash talkers will crawl back under the rock where they've been hiding for the last 7 years...that was quick
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Meanwhile...over the rockies the wheels fall off the bus in the first period of game 2. 6 goals????
At least all the Coiler trash talkers will crawl back under the rock where they've been hiding for the last 7 years...that was quick
But Nail scored!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Meanwhile...over the rockies the wheels fall off the bus in the first period of game 2. 6 goals????
And why couldn't we do that? Well, apart from almost no second line, look no farther than behind the Vancouver bench.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Aaronp18 wrote:
But Nail scored!
Schultz just scored his first NHL goal. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger celebration over a 6-2 beat down. :thumbs:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

LMAO at Mike Ribeiro......what a tool.

Oilers destroyed by Sharks. San Jose must love road trips to Alberta, gets the entire hockey world buzzing about how they are a shoe-in for the Cup. :roll: