2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Reefer2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:41 am

He is now on waivers and will probably be bought out within the next day or 2.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413671
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Lloyd Braun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 am

Ok, then the same thing I said except replace "trade" with "waiver pickup". For whatever reason, I thought he had already cleared, but I don't see how this changes the point. It's not like we'd be giving up more than a bag of pucks in a theoretical "trade" anyway.

He will not be bought out though, because if they were to buy him out this year, there would be a significant cap hit for years to come. Next summer, there is an amnesty where two players per team can be bought out without cap penalty. It's been widely reported in the media that Gomez will be one of these two for the Habs. Preserving this option is why he's being asked not to show up to the AHL in order to prevent the possibility of injury, which would stop them from exercising the amnesty buyout.
Lloyd Braun
CC Rookie

Postby Vader » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 am

Lloyd Braun wrote:
He will not be bought out though, because if they were to buy him out this year, there would be a significant cap hit for years to come.

I may be full of shit, but I beleieve if a team uses the "compliance" buyouts this week, then the cap hit is only for this season and none in the future. The cash payout is the same - 2/3 of the salary reaming split over the life of the contract times two
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Lloyd Braun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks Vader & DBR. I just heard about that deal on Sportsnet and came back to the thread to admit my "oopsie". :oops:

That deal makes sense, and yes, Gomez does become a realistic option now. I think it's something to consider if Schroeder fails to impress. We clearly can't expect much production out of him, but he's a veteran option who probably won't hurt us. Good thought, Reef. :blush:
Lloyd Braun
CC Rookie

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Anybody heard how Kesler is doing? Is he a month out? A week? I don't listen to 1040 and SNet hasn't said much...
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Anybody heard how Kesler is doing? Is he a month out? A week? I don't listen to 1040 and SNet hasn't said much...

He's been skating on his own, will skate with the team in 7-10 days... sooo back in the lineup by Valentine's Day?
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:46 am

How good would SJ look if you deleted Pavelski and Couture from their lineup?

I hate to rely on injuries, but when you're missing 2 of your top 5 forwards...I think you are going no where.

#getwellsoonboothandkesler

Any further news on RK?
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 am

Mondi wrote:How good would SJ look if you deleted Pavelski and Couture from their lineup?

I hate to rely on injuries, but when you're missing 2 of your top 5 forwards...I think you are going no where.

Any further news on RK?

according to canucksdotcom FB...he is selling icecream & coffee at an undisclosed Timmys :crazy:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Mondi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

I wonder how good Joe Thornton would look with Kesler draped all over him instead of Schoeder or Ebbet.

...or pre-injury Manny :cry:
Last edited by Mondi on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Arachnid » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 am

rats19 wrote:
Mondi wrote:How good would SJ look if you deleted Pavelski and Couture from their lineup?

Any further news on RK?

according to canucksdotcom FB...he is selling icecream & coffee at an undisclosed Timmys :crazy:

Spoons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66mdFhk ... e=youtu.be
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:06 am

Arachnid wrote:
rats19 wrote:

Any further news on RK?

Spoons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66mdFhk ... e=youtu.be

this concerns me...about a minute or so in kes hands over a bag with contents with his left hand, it rises above his shoulder...next he hands a bag over with right hand....not so much..damn damn damnitallanyways...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 pm

rats19 wrote:this concerns me...about a minute or so in kes hands over a bag with contents with his left hand, it rises above his shoulder...next he hands a bag over with right hand....not so much..damn damn damnitallanyways...

No concern necessary.

Kesler had shoulder and wrist surgery on his left side.

:thumbs:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote:this concerns me...about a minute or so in kes hands over a bag with contents with his left hand, it rises above his shoulder...next he hands a bag over with right hand....not so much..damn damn damnitallanyways...

No concern necessary.

Kesler had shoulder and wrist surgery on his left side.

:thumbs:

50/50 chance i was right...lofl,, thnx aaron..always trying to have a laff i am..hey wait...but what if its a cause of transferred weight and atrophy from overuse of one side...nah..hes fine :mex:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm

rats19 wrote:50/50 chance i was right...lofl,, thnx aaron..always trying to have a laff i am..hey wait...but what if its a cause of transferred weight and atrophy from overuse of one side...nah..hes fine :mex:

No worries, wasn't sure myself till I checked it out. I just remembered him having the sling on his left side in that twitter pic in the summer.

He looks like he's coming along just fine, he didn't drop the baby or anything so that's a good sign.

:mrgreen:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat