Sat. Jan 19, 2013 Ducks at Canucks HNIC 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Re: Sat. Jan 19, 2013 Ducks at Canucks HNIC 7pm

Post by Brick Tamland »

paddy wrote:
Extras filling out a roster Really Pot do you realize that Dale Weise last evening had more even strength ice time 14:16 than Daniel's 13:12 than Hank's 12:34, than Burrow's 12:27 than Raymonds 12:39... He had More even strength ice time than Higgins,Ebbett and Kassian... He Had more even strength icetime than every forward on our roster not named Hansen or Lappy
I think it's a mistake to judge his minutes relative to the other forwards in a blowout. In almost all cases 4th liners will always see more icetime in a blowout because there is no chance of winning.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lancer wrote: In a way, I'm glad it was a blow-out so nobody in the dressing room can paint their effort as anything but a disaster. No false illusions about how they coulda won.
Yeah, like the man said "If you're gonna lose, lose big". :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Where is everybody?
No doubt. Hey, did everyone see Sarah McLachlan singing the anthem? That was awesome. :mrgreen:
That definitely jinxed us!

Bring back that giant singing frog says I.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

paddy wrote: Extras filling out a roster Really Pot do you realize that Dale Weise last evening had more even strength ice time 14:16 than Daniel's 13:12 than Hank's 12:34, than Burrow's 12:27 than Raymonds 12:39... He had More even strength ice time than Higgins,Ebbett and Kassian... He Had more even strength icetime than every forward on our roster not named Hansen or Lappy
Uhh, it was a blow out and the first game of a back to back. Not to mention the first competitive game 90% of the roster has played in 7 months.

Your point here is truly a terrible one.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Potatoe1 wrote:
paddy wrote: Extras filling out a roster Really Pot do you realize that Dale Weise last evening had more even strength ice time 14:16 than Daniel's 13:12 than Hank's 12:34, than Burrow's 12:27 than Raymonds 12:39... He had More even strength ice time than Higgins,Ebbett and Kassian... He Had more even strength icetime than every forward on our roster not named Hansen or Lappy
Uhh, it was a blow out and the first game of a back to back. Not to mention the first competitive game 90% of the roster has played in 7 months.

So Ebbett Kassian Raymond are being saved for tonight???
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

paddy wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:

So Ebbett Kassian Raymond are being saved for tonight???
+1
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

RoyalDude wrote: Every team has injuries Potatoe.
Not true. How many injuries did LA have during their run last year? Hardly any. And that played a part in their success. Ditto the Bruins. How many injuries did they have in 2011? Marc Savard, but he's hardly a superstar and they had all year to adjust. Nathan Horton, ok, but compare that to our number one shutdown defenceman, the Selke winner skating around on one leg, etc... you get the idea. (well, actually YOU never seem to get the idea, but most people do).

Winning the cup = being good + being lucky with injuries. If you aren't good you won't win. If you aren't lucky you won't win. That's why I want a team that is good every year. Eventually, you get lucky.
RoyalDude wrote: The team was missing something on the forward line starting the last half of last season and into the playoffs.
"The team was missing something"? Yes, I believe it was... one of the Sedins if I recall correctly.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

paddy wrote: So Ebbett Kassian Raymond are being saved for tonight???

Huh?
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Some would call giving the 4th line lots of ice-time when the game is out of hand on the first of a back-to-back good coaching.

Others, well...
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I do not know you Royal Dude but I do know a huckster when I see one in action. You just write all this negative bullshit for the reaction. I would put you on the 'ignore' list except it would cutting these sites these sites to about half content.

On another note, not having two thirds of our second line is not going to help. The one thing I wish AV and MG would do is give the kids more time. I was surprised not to see Schroeder or Archibald get a shot at least.

Better luck tonite when the Alberta Chippendale group show up to play. I am hoping our D will make them pay for evrey foot.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:Raymond is a pansy who will never thrive in AVs offensive system. He needs to free wheel where his speed can kill.
...and so the 'blame it on Raymond' excuse begins.
Dude, I just love the way you "snipe" comments from posts to suit your meaning. It really is rather droll.

:roll:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

coco_canuck wrote:Some would call giving the 4th line lots of ice-time when the game is out of hand on the first of a back-to-back good coaching.

Others, well...
I would call it good coaching and, Weiss was playing pretty well for a plumber, he was noticeable.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Where is everybody?
No doubt. Hey, did everyone see Sarah McLachlan singing the anthem? That was awesome. :mrgreen:
That definitely jinxed us!
Bring back that giant singing frog says I.
I'm not sure who was trolling the board harder last night, RD or the Vancouver Canucks. :P

After not watching hockey for awhile you forget things, and I realize I completely forgot what it felt like to be a Canuck fan up until Schneider got pulled. "Oh, yeah, I should have expected this." Says I, to myself. :crazy:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

coco_canuck wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: Just come playoffs I don't expect much with what we see past the Sedins/Kesler/Burrows. After them the skill set drops significantly for a team that should be competing for the cup. AV is getting what he wants a defence first team with limted offensive creativity.
It really wouldn't be a Canucks season with Reefer wallowing in his Canucks misery.

Yeah, I'm sure Vigneault dreams of having an offensively challenged team....where do you come up with this shit?

Good to see the lockout hasn't changed you, we always need the laugh.
Well Coco where do you expect the scoring to come from past the players I mentioned?

I do think the team needs as much help on the forwards as they do on the blueline. The forwards gets as many injuries as the blueline which is why the team was taken out in round 1 of last years playoffs and couldn't put Boston away 2 seasons ago.

I did not say blow up the team or anything like that, I said that the Canucks lack offensive skill past the players I mentioned.

Pot - nice to see your shinny smile again (10% smile)
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Reefer2 wrote: I did not say blow up the team or anything like that, I said that the Canucks lack offensive skill past the players I mentioned.
You said that AV has his wish with a defensive team without any offensive pop.

Sorry Reef, but that's just a stupid thing to say.
Reefer2 wrote: I do think the team needs as much help on the forwards as they do on the blueline. The forwards gets as many injuries as the blueline which is why the team was taken out in round 1 of last years playoffs and couldn't put Boston away 2 seasons ago.
Do you forget how deep that Cup run team was and how many injuries they had?

There is such a thing as a cap and if your injury list is long enough, your depth won't be enough.

Point is, if a team loses two of it's top 6 forwards, they are going to somewhat struggle to score. Teams typically don't have 9 legitimate top 6 forwards they can just move up in case of injury.

Like it has been pointed out, most teams go through injury troubles at some point in the season, right now it's happening early for the Canucks and hopefully they'll be healthier as the season goes on.

This is the same team that was top 5 in NHL scoring and the PP last year, and even with Kesler and Booth out they will have a slightly above league average offense.

Have some patience, smoke some weed or something and try not to have a meltdown a handful of days into the season.