OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

OOTS...2013

Post by rats19 »

Laffs beat habs..with ahl goalie 2-1
Bozak and kadri...Wtf
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by SKYO »

Habs need PK Subban, they had no good attack tonight.

Campbell and Panthers smashing the Hurricanes.
Kovalev with a goal and an assist!

Tarasenko with a pair vs Detroit who only have 7 shots on net? :o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Sabres are on the telee right now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

SKYO wrote:
Tarasenko with a pair vs Detroit who only have 7 shots on net? :o
Anyone want to given me good odds on Detroit missing the playoffs ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL the mongoloids have a 40 page thread for yesterdays games alone.

# 19 was completely invisible out there for the Sabres in the first period. Maybe his ceiling is the AHL.

Steve Ott is a complete pain in the ass out there. Vancouver could have really used this guy.

Buffalo is obviously tired of being pushed around in the East. Adding Ott, Foligno and Scott seems to have grown some hair on the chests of the rest of the team. Kaleta and Grigorenko aren't afraid to throw their weight around either. Grigorenko is going to be a beauty...... he has first line centre written all over him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL the mongoloids have a 40 page thread for yesterdays games alone.

# 19 was completely invisible out there for the Sabres in the first period. Maybe his ceiling is the AHL.

Steve Ott is a complete pain in the ass out there. Vancouver could have really used this guy.

Buffalo is obviously tired of being pushed around in the East. Adding Ott, Foligno and Scott seems to have grown some hair on the chests of the rest of the team. Kaleta and Grigorenko aren't afraid to throw their weight around either. Grigorenko is going to be a beauty...... he has first line centre written all over him.

Wasn't there a rumor at one point where Dallas offering Steve Ott for Cody Hodgson?

But, yeah I agree...the Sabres looked great that first period. Got lots of depth all over, solid goalteding...could be a surprise team this year. Fuck do I like Foligno and agree on Grigorenko. He could be last drafts Fowler, Couturier...once highly rated pre-draft build up but fell down the ladder on draft day.

Who's this Erhoff kid? :)
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Foligno is a nice young power forward. That's why they were able to deal Zack Kassian.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL the mongoloids have a 40 page thread for yesterdays games alone.

Blob I wished our Gm was getting tired of being pushed around in the West 19 got a goal and was on the ice in the final minute... Not how you start its how you finish and there is nothing wrong with scoring goals in this league especially timely ones
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Holmgren and the Flyers start season 0 - 2 ...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

paddy wrote:

Blob I wished our Gm was getting tired of being pushed around in the West 19 got a goal and was on the ice in the final minute... Not how you start its how you finish and there is nothing wrong with scoring goals in this league especially timely ones
I agree this team needs a bit more chutzpah up front but more importantly they could use a strong offensive player to play on the 2nd line even when Kesler and Booth come back. I believe both Kassian and Jensen will develop into 2nd line playrs but they aren't close to that yet. I would love if this team had a bit more bite paddy, but they have to be able to play. I am interested to see how Vandermeer might do with Tanev on a 3rd pairing. He can't be that much of a dropoff from Keith Ballard at a fraction of the price.

As for 19, sure he got a goal but he was also very invisible for most of the game. He had to be dealt. He and his father were a major headache and the kid is a big league primadona. He will likely develop into a decent top 6 centre. Good for him. That said I will take Ryan Kesler and Henrik Sedin 10 times out of 10 ahead of Cody Hodgson. The kid was NOT willing to play and develop on a 3rd line while anchoring the 2nd unit pp. Furthermore he was unable/unwilling to play the wing. We had enough runts playing the middle for years with Ronning and Morrison. I am a firm believer that size + skill is needed in the middle in today's game unless your skill/compete/speed level is off the charts like a Crosby or a Giroux. Coho will never be confused with those guys.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
paddy wrote:

I agree this team needs a bit more chutzpah up front but more importantly they could use a strong offensive player to play on the 2nd line even when Kesler and Booth come back. I believe both Kassian and Jensen will develop into 2nd line playrs but they aren't close to that yet. I would love if this team had a bit more bite paddy, but they have to be able to play. I am interested to see how Vandermeer might do with Tanev on a 3rd pairing. He can't be that much of a dropoff from Keith Ballard at a fraction of the price.

As for 19, sure he got a goal but he was also very invisible for most of the game. He had to be dealt. He and his father were a major headache and the kid is a big league primadona. He will likely develop into a decent top 6 centre. Good for him. That said I will take Ryan Kesler and Henrik Sedin 10 times out of 10 ahead of Cody Hodgson. The kid was NOT willing to play and develop on a 3rd line while anchoring the 2nd unit pp. Furthermore he was unable/unwilling to play the wing. We had enough runts playing the middle for years with Ronning and Morrison. I am a firm believer that size + skill is needed in the middle in today's game unless your skill/compete/speed level is off the charts like a Crosby or a Giroux. Coho will never be confused with those guys.
Um correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the reason why we gave up a skilled, young, top 6 centre in Hodgson? To get tougher up front? Doesn't say much about Kassian does it
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He will be part of the answer, but Gillis needs to add more tenacity, not just hang it all on one 21 year old player. It's one fucking game for christ sakes. When he does develop into a Ryane Clowe/David Clarkson type it will be drummed into your skull on a daily basis by me just for you shitting up the board and calling the guy a Sandlak clone.

PS how good was Clowe at 21 ??
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
As for 19, sure he got a goal but he was also very invisible for most of the game.
Led all Sabers forwards in ice time.

1 goal, 7 shots, +2, 55% F/O.

Seems like a pretty good game no?

Not that it matters much though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
As for 19, sure he got a goal but he was also very invisible for most of the game.

I watched most of the game and maybe I am picking on him a bit but to me he didn't have a huge impact other than a goal going off his skate. Maybe the tranny loving troll who flip flops more than a politician and acts like a 14 year old fan caused me to pick apart Hodgson's game more than I should have. I maintain when Kassian develops into a top 6 forward I will throw it in his face fairly often.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I watched most of the game and maybe I am picking on him a bit but to me he didn't have a huge impact other than a goal going off his skate. Maybe the tranny loving troll who flip flops more than a politician and acts like a 14 year old fan caused me to pick apart Hodgson's game more than I should have. I maintain when Kassian develops into a top 6 forward I will throw it in his face fairly often.
I'm with u Blob. He still trails the play significantly as his speed will always keep him from dominating.
Now Vanek...he would sure look good wearing the stinky whale
If you need air...call it in