So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Strangelove » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 pm

ukcanuck wrote:Hey :( I liked chatting shit about economics !


Yeah you were like DeVeren Bookwalter in The Enforcer:

____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7098
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Gotta love how bad the eastern media wants Luongo:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Attention Canucks fans, Tyler Bozak jusk scored for the Leafs here in Montreal
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby SKYO » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Montreal can't get nothing going for them, they need Subban back asap.

Or trade him here with Gionta for Juice & Burrows. :eh:
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Hey :( I liked chatting shit about economics !


Yeah you were like DeVeren Bookwalter in The Enforcer:



:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby darren » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:45 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:Gotta love how bad the eastern media wants Luongo:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Attention Canucks fans, Tyler Bozak jusk scored for the Leafs here in Montreal


After last night's performance....maybe they'll send us Scrivens? :wow:
User avatar
darren
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Brick Tamland » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 am

I don't think Loungo is getting traded anytime soon, in fact I’d give it 2 to 1 odds that he stays here all year. Whatever happens though, I hope he doesn't get traded to Toronto, no matter what the return (reason #1000 why I’m not a GM.)

The situation is just ridiculous, the media talks about how it shouldn't be a distraction while at the same time droning on ad nauseam about it. The lead story on Sportsnet.ca for the Toronto win last night has the headline "Scrivens Stands Tall ...” I watched the entire game and if possible the Canadians looked worse than the Canucks, and they generated a grand total of 21 shots. Yet the story includes not one, but two references to Canucks goaltenders.

The worst thing is, for every media whore talking about Vancouver’s goalie "issues", there's another self-righteous/pompous media personality slagging the "media" for talking about it. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that the same thing.

Now CBC is trying to be like the NFL and use a giant panel to discuss the games. Note to CBC: I really don't want to listen to a panel of talking heads the size of a classroom interrupt each other while they analyze the shit out of everything.
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:36 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:15 am

Brick Tamland wrote:I don't think Loungo is getting traded anytime soon, in fact I’d give it 2 to 1 odds that he stays here all year.


Not so sure about that, the distraction to the team could be bigger than we all think, especially if we keep shitting the bed like last night. And yes, Lou is being a classy pro about it in the eyes of the media but I just don't see this relationship in net lasting the season. This Luongo circus may give this team an identity crisis and it's not like the last time we played we were playing awesome hockey. I mean I know most Canuck fans tend to look at the Presidents Trophy as reasoning why they think we are better than we are but I am more of what have you done for me lately and the Canucks were shite inthe playoffs and sucked the last half of last season, or should I say, couldn't score at full length and couldn't sore with the man advantage and depended too much on the goalies and the Sedins to be the difference makers in a low scoring shut down style of hockey game. That will get old real quick.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:36 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:I don't think Loungo is getting traded anytime soon, in fact I’d give it 2 to 1 odds that he stays here all year.


Not so sure about that, the distraction to the team could be bigger than we all think, especially if we keep shitting the bed like last night. And yes, Lou is being a classy pro about it in the eyes of the media but I just don't see this relationship in net lasting the season. This Luongo circus may give this team an identity crisis and it's not like the last time we played we were playing awesome hockey. I mean I know most Canuck fans tend to look at the Presidents Trophy as reasoning why they think we are better than we are but I am more of what have you done for me lately and the Canucks were shite inthe playoffs and sucked the last half of last season, or should I say, couldn't score at full length and couldn't sore with the man advantage and depended too much on the goalies and the Sedins to be the difference makers in a low scoring shut down style of hockey game. That will get old real quick.



Does it ever get old ?
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Does it ever get old ?


Listen B Mac and your miserable post christmas alcohol binge cleanse. Tonight will be interesting. These Oilers are going to be burning up some serious tar sands tonight, red hot from the get go, excited young whipper snappers ready to show the hockey world that there is a new kid in town. We better be prepared better than we were last night for the fire wagon brand of hockey that will be tonight. We will be needing much more than your Sami Shut Down Specialist Phalssons of the world to shut down the firestorm that cometh tonight?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Lancer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:09 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:Gotta love how bad the eastern media wants Luongo:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Attention Canucks fans, Tyler Bozak jusk scored for the Leafs here in Montreal


It was one thing for Burke's pawns in the media to try and put leverage on Gillis to sell cheap, but it just seems to me now that everyone in the eastern media is trying to get their digs in on Gillis for not dealing Luongo to Toronto for a bag of pucks already.

It's just one game folks... The market is only starting to take shape.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Diehard1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:35 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Does it ever get old ?


Listen B Mac and your miserable post christmas alcohol binge cleanse. Tonight will be interesting. These Oilers are going to be burning up some serious tar sands tonight, red hot from the get go, excited young whipper snappers ready to show the hockey world that there is a new kid in town. We better be prepared better than we were last night for the fire wagon brand of hockey that will be tonight. We will be needing much more than your Sami Shut Down Specialist Phalssons of the world to shut down the firestorm that cometh tonight?


It sure would be great if the Oil can finish you know, not last overall, before they are anointed the second coming of Christ. The amount of love that team is getting for playing absolute shit hockey for the past 3 years is hilarious. They add yet another 1st overall and one rookie dman and all of a sudden they are better than last year's President's trophy winners.

Shall we let them win a few games before we talk about how great they are? Last I checked they had a shit goalie and the worst D in the league, Schultz alone won't change that much.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah that Nonis......real wizard at the draft table. I'll take Luc Bourdon instead of Anze Kopitar anytime.........brilliant pick. :lol:

Patrick White and Taylor Ellington with our first two picks in 07.....Great building blocks there.

In 06 I know that Michael Grabner is a way better pick than Chris Stewart or Claude Giroux .

Quite a smart guy that Captain Cheesburger is. 1 for 3 in making the playoffs. He has a marginally better batting average than his former sidekick Tambellini.



The 2005, 2006, 2007 drafts are killing this team. Could have had Anze Kopitar, Chris Stewart and David Perron. Cheeseburger Chins is living off of one draft in 04 . He completely shit the bed in the following three drafts.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah that Nonis......real wizard at the draft table. I'll take Luc Bourdon instead of Anze Kopitar anytime.........brilliant pick. :lol:

Patrick White and Taylor Ellington with our first two picks in 07.....Great building blocks there.

In 06 I know that Michael Grabner is a way better pick than Chris Stewart or Claude Giroux .

Quite a smart guy that Captain Cheesburger is. 1 for 3 in making the playoffs. He has a marginally better batting average than his former sidekick Tambellini.



The 2005, 2006, 2007 drafts are killing this team. Could have had Anze Kopitar, Chris Stewart and David Perron. Cheeseburger Chins is living off of one draft in 04 . He completely shit the bed in the following three drafts.


B Beers, who brought in the two goalies on your current Vancouver Canucks roster? The position that is supposed to be our biggest strength? Who drafted that swedish defenseman who was just signed to a pretty nice contract???

Also, unfair for Luc Bourdon to go on about how much of an idiot Nonis is for passing up on Kopitar, not too mention the other 10 or so teams that did.

Hey B Mac, take a look at what Gillis could have drafted instead of Schroeder. You will see some big names that went in the next 15 or so picks right after Schroeder, not too mention whom is considered the best prospect outside the NHL - Kuznetsov, or O'Reilly or Marcus Johansson, Simon Despres, Jakob Silfverberg, Clifford, Palmieri, didn't he score last night?
Last edited by RoyalDude on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 am

Not saying he didn't . Just saying he laid a huge turd in 05, 06 and 07 at the draft and that is costing this team as we speak.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:50 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not saying he didn't . Just saying he laid a huge turd in 05, 06 and 07 at the draft and that is costing this team as we speak.


So Schneider, Hansen, Edler, Raymond mean nothing to this team? The way Bourdon was looking those final 10 or so games he played with us, seems to me he'd probably be a stud D-man right about now.

Does Grabner count for nothing?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests