2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Post by tantalum »

Apparently AV said 12F and 9D wasn't going to be possible for long.

I would guess something is up. Might be Ballard. Might be Alberts. Might be an assessment period for the others. A whole host of things can happen between now and tomorrow night let alone over the weekend.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ Why does it stank that way to you?

Because Barker is around? Because there are 9D? Because Luongo is Agonzo imminently?

Unless Gillis needs the cap room to bring somebody in, I don't see the point.

Looks like the top two pairings are set (with Edler on the right side...ugh). Would we really go with a bottom pairing of Tanev and one of Alberts/Vandermeer/Barker? Yuck.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

herb wrote:^ Why does it stank that way to you?

Because Barker is around? Or because there are 9D?

Looks like the top two pairings are set (with Edler on the right side...ugh). Would we really go with a bottom pairing of Tanev and one of Alberts/Vandermeer/Barker? Yuck.
That to me or Doc?

I don't believe a trade is in the works. I think they are trying to find a way to demote Barker or Vandermeer without losing them on waivers (keep in mind there were other teams interested in signing Barker for more than he did with the canucks if what was said is true) and/or making a final assessment with them by getting them into a game this weekend (sit the 12th forward or Tanev) and then send them down.

They won't go with 9D. DOesn't make sense and apparentyl AV said as much. So something is up and the three possibilities I see are 1) sneaking guys through waiver 2) continuing assessment or 3) trade. 1 or 2 are most likely IMO.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

tantalum wrote:That to me or Doc?
That was meant for Doc, sorry.

I don't think a trade is up. Gillis wouldn've have staged an on air offensive against the leaves and Toronto media earlier today if he was busy working on a trade.

9D is not sustainable, I agree.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote:^ Why does it stank that way to you?

Because Barker is around? Because there are 9D? Because Luongo is Agonzo imminently?

10D counting Connauton! :D

Hey they planned on having these 9 Dmen on the roster.

And they know they can't do it for long.

Something's gotta give.

Good point about the 3rd pairing, hadn't thought this through...

Maybe it's Alberts' butt on the way out that I'm smelling??

Anyway something stinks and it's not just Cam Barker! 8-)

Last edited by Strangelove on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

tantalum wrote: 1) sneaking guys through waiver 2) continuing assessment or 3) trade. 1 or 2 are most likely IMO.
I see #1 as the least likely.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

what about #4: someone on dee is hurting, but how bad is it.

or #5: iii (inevitable injury insurance).

Yeah, maybe it's just stinky ole Barker I'm smelling....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

herb wrote:
tantalum wrote:That to me or Doc?
That was meant for Doc, sorry.

I don't think a trade is up. Gillis wouldn've have staged an on air offensive against the leaves and Toronto media earlier today if he was busy working on a trade.

9D is not sustainable, I agree.
Wonder if GMMG and AV are looking at a D-man as the 12th forward?? I doubt it, but it has been done before
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ya gotta love the Prospect Friendly environment for kids to grow and develop in the Gillis Regime. Schroeder has a good camp but AV pulls a chicken shit move and goes with the AMAZING Ebbett instead. Brutal

I can't wait til we see Vandemeer dressing as a forward. Ya just know that things are going bad when AV suggests that the beauty of Vandemeer is that he can play forward as well.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

RoyalDude wrote:Ya gotta love the Prospect Friendly environment for kids to grow and develop in the Gillis Regime. Schroeder has a good camp but AV pulls a chicken shit move and goes with the AMAZING Ebbett instead. Brutal

I can't wait til we see Vandemeer dressing as a forward. Ya just know that things are going bad when AV suggests that the beauty of Vandemeer is that he can play forward as well.
again..really?? is this what you bring to this site?
If you follow the team...they are a little short at centre.....and they are probably going to make a trade....

With the goal tending and defense today...they could have 8-rinks players as the second line and make the playoffs

Thats what matters. if you are worried about the second line centre you are missing the point of a 48 in 99.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is Jordan a cap move for maxing LITR protection with the opening day roster?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Strangelove wrote:Yeah, Lappy will get more icetime than Ebbett.
Are we brothers in space? :lol:
Never thought we have the same thoughts (wrote that before i read that... red rat?) yeeehaw
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Yeah, Lappy will get more icetime than Ebbett.
Are we brothers in space? :lol:
Never thought we have the same thoughts (wrote that before i read that... red rat?) yeeehaw
Yes we are brothers.

But… maybe now is the time to tell you…. you were adopted bro. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:Is Jordan a cap move for maxing LITR protection with the opening day roster?
You can't use LTIR until you exceed the cap so I would guess not (since we aren't over the ceiling).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ebbett is significantly better than Schroeder. We should put aside the potential of a kid (Schroeder) becoming a better player than Ebbett will ever provide for the good of now. AV is a real risky coach, oops, I mean conservative. I mean fuck, Ebbett is a real difference maker.

Did anyone see Kyle Palmieri score tonight, he was drafted a couple spots after Jordan Schroeder. Interesting.

So here we go again, another season and still no Gillis draft picks in the line-up. A real prospect friendly environment here. Wasn't it Gillis who slagged Nonis for his poor drafting and developing at his press conference for when he was hired as your GM of your Vancouver Canucks?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau