Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: LOL ! I just read this now. That's some damn good detective work for a doctor. Lights out is about right. :lol:
Takes a few bucks to buffalo a troll. :wink:
And a good shaman for sure.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:And I fully expect Edmonton to end up with one of those top 6 players and with how the stars have been aligning for them lately, I expect them to walk out of the draft with one of the consensus top 4 in McKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Drouin.
The stars have been aligning for them ? They have been the WORST team in the NHL since Tambelinni took over. Yeah the Stars have aligned for them so much that they were rewarded for being the shittiest franchise in the league. They can barely make the playoffs in the AHL despite having 1/3of their NHL players play for Oklahoma City.

Still have a black hole at centre ice behind the Nuge, AHL goaltending, no size up front and more holes on their defence than Manuel Noreiga has in his grill.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The stars have been aligning for them ? They have been the WORST team in the NHL since Tambelinni took over. Yeah the Stars have aligned for them so much that they were rewarded for being the shittiest franchise in the league. They can barely make the playoffs in the AHL despite having 1/3of their NHL players play for Oklahoma City.

Still have a black hole at centre ice behind the Nuge, AHL goaltending, no size up front and more holes on their defence than Manuel Noreiga has in his grill.
The problem with the "tank and draft high" theory is that you always draft the best player available. And that makes sense. But drafting the best player doesn't always entail getting the pieces or the mix you actually need. That's what's going on in Edmonton. They are short several different pieces and they are overloaded with one thing - good young offensive forwards, Let's see if they have the nuts to move an Eberle, as an example, for a different piece of the puzzle and let's see if they are sharp enough to get good value at the same time. At any rate, I don't think they are a playoff team yet.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vader wrote: The problem with the "tank and draft high" theory is that you always draft the best player available. And that makes sense. But drafting the best player doesn't always entail getting the pieces or the mix you actually need. That's what's going on in Edmonton. They are short several different pieces and they are overloaded with one thing - good young offensive forwards, Let's see if they have the nuts to move an Eberle, as an example, for a different piece of the puzzle and let's see if they are sharp enough to get good value at the same time. At any rate, I don't think they are a playoff team yet.
It doesn't work all the time but it worked for Pittsburgh - Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and Chicago - Toews, Kane, Seabrook.

All Tambellini has to do is move some pieces to fix their week spots, I do like the Fistric trade. Gives them a giant crease clearing presence.

If I'm Tambellini I'm shopping Yakupov. No way in hell I'm trading Eberle. I honestly think the Oilers blew it on the recent draft, should have gone with one of the young stud D-men like Reilly, Reinhart or Murray.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

RoyalDude wrote:It doesn't work all the time but it worked for Pittsburgh - Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and Chicago - Toews, Kane, Seabrook.
Yeah, Chicago came up with some pieces in Toews and Kane but they won a cup because they found Byfuglien in the 8th round (at the buffet table), Keith late in the 2nd, Brouwer in the 7th, Bolland, Hjalmarson, after the first round, stole Versteeg and Sharp from other organizations, found Niemi as a free agent. Hell, even Seabrook was a mid first rounder...I mean they found so many gems they could afford to fuck up and draft Barker where they did!

Come to think of it, they fucked up a tonne of recent first rounders: Skille, Barker, Babchuk, Vorbiev, Yakubov, Beach.

Pittsburgh - They were fortunate to get two generational talents back-to-back, and some lottery luck to draft 1st overall in 2005

Point is you don't need to draft high...you need to draft well
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Vader wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:It doesn't work all the time but it worked for Pittsburgh - Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and Chicago - Toews, Kane, Seabrook.
Yeah, Chicago came up with some pieces in Toews and Kane but they won a cup because they found Byfuglien in the 8th round (at the buffet table), Keith late in the 2nd, Brouwer in the 7th, Bolland, Hjalmarson, after the first round, stole Versteeg and Sharp from other organizations, found Niemi as a free agent. Hell, even Seabrook was a mid first rounder...I mean they found so many gems they could afford to fuck up and draft Barker where they did!

Come to think of it, they fucked up a tonne of recent first rounders: Skille, Barker, Babchuk, Vorbiev, Yakubov, Beach.

Pittsburgh - They were fortunate to get two generational talents back-to-back, and some lottery luck to draft 1st overall in 2005

Point is you don't need to draft high...you need to draft well
The same could be said for the Canucks. The Sedins are the highest first rounders for almost the last two decades. They drafted Hansen in the 9th round. Edler and Bieksa were drafted in the 3rd and 5th round. With Kesler being a mid first rounder and Schneider being a late first rounder, the two are great picks. The Canucks literally stole Ehrhoff and Luongo from other organizations. Also, they found Burrows from nowhere. Yes, the Canucks did screw up a lot of first rounders but they did not have high first round picks that the Hawks, the Penguins or the Oilers that constantly had.

Having high first rounders for years is one of the eaiset ways to draft well.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vader wrote: Point is you don't need to draft high...you need to draft well
Don't encourage him!
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
It doesn't work all the time but it worked for Pittsburgh - Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and Chicago - Toews, Kane, Seabrook.

All Tambellini has to do is move some pieces to fix their week spots, I do like the Fistric trade. Gives them a giant crease clearing presence.

If I'm Tambellini I'm shopping Yakupov. No way in hell I'm trading Eberle. I honestly think the Oilers blew it on the recent draft, should have gone with one of the young stud D-men like Reilly, Reinhart or Murray.
It RARELY works. And I'm sure Vancouver fans are going to sit around on their hands while this team shits the bed for three or four years in a row. Wake up.
All Tambellini has to do is fix their weak spots ? His next good trade will be his first . Yes what a coup getting a lead footed 7th defenceman Dallas has been trying to move for two years.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Jovocop wrote: The same could be said for the Canucks. The Sedins are the highest first rounders for almost the last two decades. They drafted Hansen in the 9th round. Edler and Bieksa were drafted in the 3rd and 5th round. With Kesler being a mid first rounder and Schneider being a late first rounder, the two are great picks. The Canucks literally stole Ehrhoff and Luongo from other organizations. Also, they found Burrows from nowhere. Yes, the Canucks did screw up a lot of first rounders but they did not have high first round picks that the Hawks, the Penguins or the Oilers that constantly had.

Having high first rounders for years is one of the eaiset ways to draft well.
Yup - agree with most of what you said - except screwing up the first rounders. From 2000 - 2009, which picks were busts? Nathan Smith, Patrick White....that's not too bad. The jury's out on Schroeder though you'd expect a few more points from him at the AHL level given that he's going to make it as a scoring forward or not at all...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It RARELY works.
Yep. Columbus and the Islanders have been practicing this "strategy" for years now.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dbr wrote:
Yep. Columbus and the Islanders have been practicing this "strategy" for years now.
You can throw Winnipeg (Atlanta) to that category as well.

Just a question, besides the Canucks, are there any teams that have never had a first overall pick :?: ?
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Jovocop wrote:
dbr wrote:
You can throw Winnipeg (Atlanta) to that category as well.
Florida...they made it back to the playoffs finally but only Weiss , Gudbrandson and Kulikov were first round picks who helped get them there....though the 3 firsts in 2010 should help them stay there (Gudbrandson, Howden, Bjugstad)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

dbr wrote:
The biggest problem with the Islanders is Wong then Snow, that organization is once messed up team. They do little to no player development so no wonder they have been crapping the bed for so long. They are so stupid there I doubt they will buy out Rocky and keep him just to meet the cap floor. How can any organization be good with always meeting the cap floor and doing it on purpose.

This is the area Bettman needs to start working on.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Jovocop wrote:
Just a question, besides the Canucks, are there any teams that have never had a first overall pick :?: ?
I think they are:
Anaheim
Calgary
Carolina
Minnesota
Nashville
San Jose
Vancouver
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: If I'm Tambellini I'm shopping Yakupov. No way in hell I'm trading Eberle. I honestly think the Oilers blew it on the recent draft, should have gone with one of the young stud D-men like Reilly, Reinhart or Murray.
I don't know if ownership will let them trade Nail. They demanded he be drafted with their first overall pick.

Murray was going to be managements pick up until the night before the draft. I know that the Nuge and Murray have the same agent and the night before Hopkins congratulated Murray on becoming an Oiler and being the next first overall pick.

Until ownership said their piece and insisted the Yak get picked first overall.