Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Aaronp18 »

dbr wrote:While we are on "tech talk," what the fuck is this, Canuck-One?

Either you have an undying love for YouTube-To-MP3 or some browser add on has hijacked your system..
That's what prompted my post. Plus I recall seeing a few people say they couldn't figure out how to imbed YouTube videos.

I assumed that's what he was trying to do.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote:
tantalum wrote: put in the training camp thread but Booth tweaked his groin and is going to get a MRI. tweaked and MRI don't usually go hand in hand.
For me, tweaked usually goes groin in hand.
So.... you're a tweaker? :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote:
Don't judge Doc. We all get lonely sometimes.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hank wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
and search for a toothless tweaker
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Aaronp18 wrote:
dbr wrote:While we are on "tech talk," what the fuck is this, Canuck-One?

Either you have an undying love for YouTube-To-MP3 or some browser add on has hijacked your system..
That's what prompted my post. Plus I recall seeing a few people say they couldn't figure out how to imbed YouTube videos.

I assumed that's what he was trying to do.
Shoulda picked up on that. I've noticed it a bunch of times lately and I thought it was on all his posts but now that I search I see some have it and some don't.

So Canuck-One, if Aaronp18 hasn't already fixed your problem.. help us help you (help us). :P
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

On the original subject, former 4th overall pick Thomas Hickey has been scooped up by the New York Islanders on waivers.. never played a single game for the Kings.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Oh and Ottawa dealt Ben Bishop to Columbus for David Savard, while the Nashville Predators have picked up former Rick Rypien victim Richard Clune from waivers.
mpp
CC Veteran

Post by mpp »

dbr wrote:Oh and Ottawa dealt Ben Bishop to Columbus for David Savard, while the Nashville Predators have picked up former Rick Rypien victim Richard Clune from waivers.
Where exactly did you see that?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

mpp wrote:
dbr wrote:Oh and Ottawa dealt Ben Bishop to Columbus for David Savard, while the Nashville Predators have picked up former Rick Rypien victim Richard Clune from waivers.
Jesus, you know what? I was scanning the HFBoards trades area and thought it was listed as "confirmed with link" - it's just some schmoe spitballing, now that I go back and look again.

Sorry folks, false alarm, nothing to see here.. :blush:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Booth out 4 to 6 weeks with a groin injury.

Sorry RD, due to the shortened season judgement on Booth will now have to be postponed for one more season.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Mëds wrote:Booth out 4 to 6 weeks with a groin injury.

Sorry RD, due to the shortened season judgement on Booth will now have to be postponed for one more season.
If there's a better use for his cap space this offseason, then another injury is to me a strike against Booth rather than a reason to wait around and see.

The Canucks already have enough players who struggle with durability, if they have a chance to address that they should do so.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Hjumaeni / Mophilio wrote:
mpp wrote:
Jesus, you know what? I was scanning the HFBoards trades area and thought it was listed as "confirmed with link" - it's just some schmoe spitballing, now that I go back and look again.

Sorry folks, false alarm, nothing to see here.. :blush:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:Booth out 4 to 6 weeks with a groin injury.

This shortened season only 4 to 6 weeks long? Or do we have anothe excuse for Booth if he plays like he usually doe,s which is terrible, for when he comes back from injury???

Anyhow, do you think this injury might have something to do with Booth's dedication to off-season fitness, or should I say - passion for hunting? A groin injury could be the result of poor off-season fitness and trying to push to hard at training camp. What a dumb ass.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

With Booth & Kes out for a couple months, I'm a lil concerned if we're relying on a second line of MayRay-Ebbett/Shroeder-Kassian. Not sure if Gillis has something up his sleeve trade wise (Lou) or free agent/waiver, but I think he really needs to get something to boost this line. I'd stay away from a guy like Gomez, but wouldn't mind someone like Jason Arnott. Not sure how much he has left in the tank or how much he wants, but he should be able to help for a couple months till Kes gets healthy at least.