Amnesty Buyout

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Amnesty Buyout

Post by Vader »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Vader, you got way too much factual, common sense for this place. Don't let them break ya down.
RoyalDude wrote: Hang tough, Vades...don't let them bring you down to their uneducated levels
If one didn't know better one would think RD considers himself "factual", "educated" and full of "common sense".

LOL at my buddy RD riding Vader's coattails, trying to get a sniff.

Good gawd, he hasn't pursued someone like this since Michelle Dumaresq! :mrgreen:
And he wants to go for beers...highly doubt my liver could keep up :drink:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vader wrote: And he wants to go for beers...highly doubt my liver could keep up :drink:
Prolly not the organ he's interested in. :look:

Damnit Darth, I didn't want to post that but how can I can't resist a set up like that?!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Strangelove wrote:
Vader wrote: And he wants to go for beers...highly doubt my liver could keep up :drink:
Prolly not the organ he's interested in. :look:

Damnit Darth, I didn't want to post that but how can I can't resist a set up like that?!
Left myself wide open :look:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vader wrote: Left myself wide open :look:
EXACTLY WHAT RD........ NOW CUT THAT OUT!! :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Maintain a stiff upper lip.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The funny thing is, in another thread there was talk of Lever and diapers going on and I was SO proud of myself for not cracking wise about Old Man Lever and Depends and whatnot. It`s a bad habit and Lever HATES that shit. Then there`s another thread this morning where Topper talks about throwing... someone... under the bus, where I was tempted to post about... someone... displaying alotta guts

BUT I REFRAINED!

Now this. :cry:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:The funny thing is, in another thread there was talk of Lever and diapers going on and I was SO proud of myself for not cracking wise about Old Man Lever and Depends and whatnot. It`s a bad habit and Lever HATES that shit. Then there`s another thread this morning where Topper talks about throwing... someone... under the bus, where I was tempted to post about... someone... displaying alotta guts

BUT I REFRAINED!

lofl starkist doesn't want tuna with bad taste
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote:The funny thing is, in another thread there was talk of Lever and diapers going on and I was SO proud of myself for not cracking wise about Old Man Lever and Depends and whatnot. It`s a bad habit and Lever HATES that shit. Then there`s another thread this morning where Topper talks about throwing... someone... under the bus, where I was tempted to post about... someone... displaying alotta guts

BUT I REFRAINED!

lofl starkist doesn't want tuna with bad taste
I know.

And I wanna be starkist (puckers up) i REALLY do!

But this Darth Vader guy keeps drawing me toward the dark side. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote: BUT I REFRAINED!

Ya didn't refrain from tweaking! Give in to the temptations Doc, it's healthier that way.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:I was tempted to post about... someone... displaying alotta guts

BUT I REFRAINED!
Well.. until now.

(Also: :lol: )
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Ya didn't refrain from tweaking! Give in to the temptations Doc, it's healthier that way.
Yeah, I guess if Brother Booth can tweak his groin, I can tweak my groin. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

It's all over twitter, so you won't have difficulty finding a link, but teams are allowed to use one buyout now but the catch is it will count against the cap this season only.

That means Redden and Gomez will now be free agents.

Gomez is a guy I'd look at signing for the 3rd line role. He was laughably overpaid at $7M, but at the right price he can be a solid bottom 6 centre who can move up in a pinch.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

coco_canuck wrote:It's all over twitter, so you won't have difficulty finding a link, but teams are allowed to use one buyout now but the catch is it will count against the cap this season only.

That means Redden and Gomez will now be free agents.

Gomez is a guy I'd look at signing for the 3rd line role. He was laughably overpaid at $7M, but at the right price he can be a solid bottom 6 centre who can move up in a pinch.
I would imagine Gillis would be first in line if the Habs are forced to buy Gomez out. Who knows, perhaps he finds some of that magic again and gets back to a 45-50 point player. He was terrible the last season and a half with the Habs but it seemed like it was almost a self fulfilling prophecy that he would fail. Any mistake and people just piled on. For a cheap one year deal why not roll the dice a bit. And I bet gomez would love to try to prove himself on a good team.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

tantalum wrote: I would imagine Gillis would be first in line if the Habs are forced to buy Gomez out. Who knows, perhaps he finds some of that magic again and gets back to a 45-50 point player. He was terrible the last season and a half with the Habs but it seemed like it was almost a self fulfilling prophecy that he would fail. Any mistake and people just piled on. For a cheap one year deal why not roll the dice a bit. And I bet gomez would love to try to prove himself on a good team.
At the very least he's better than anything we'll get from Ebbett, Schroeder and even Malhotra in the bottom 6.

I really think he'd be a good addition. Gomez is from Alaska and he played for the Surrey Eagles, so he's familiar with the area and could do worse than spend a shortened season with a cup contender that has a big hole on the second line.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

You don't even need to roll the dice...keep the deal below that 900k and the only risk is a contract space.