New 10 year NHL CBA!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: New 10 year NHL CBA!

Post by Boston Canucker »

BurningBeard wrote:Link to CBA "Summary of Terms". A pretty good run down, but nothing stood out to me that hasn't already been rumored / leaked.

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpress ... 2-2013.pdf

There is no mention of even the option of altering the playoff format, which was rumored awhile back.
Well, I noticed that intermissions now go from 17 to 18 minutes...more time for beer runs, and for Bobby Lou's bathroom breaks.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: New 10 year NHL CBA!

Post by Hockey Widow »

Non entry level players to get single rooms and business class flights. Nit pampered at all. Maybe those were the throw ins to make the 50-50 more palatable. :D

FA begins July 5th this year only.

One week window before FA and after the draft to talk to other teams.

Offer sheets can be signed even if a player is going to arbitration.

Cap recapture against all teams who may have benefited from the cap on any deal 6 years or longer. Does not apply to new deals signed under this CBA.

One new rule: If a player taking a draw in his own defensive zone covers the puck with his body in the face off circle it will result in a 2 minute penalty for delay of game I presume.

A lot of little perk type stuff got increased and I guess that is to make up for what the players lost.
The only HW the Canucks need