Brian Burke is Dead!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Brian Burke is Dead!

Post by BurningBeard »

Does Gillis have Tannenbaum's phone number?

"Hey Tanny, I would love to trade you guys Bobby Lou, but your guy won't deal."

:lol: Love it.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Boston Canucker wrote:If the twitterverse can be believed (yes, rarely can it, I know) that Burke did not want to give up a major prospect like Gardiner for RL may have been the final straw...I still hate the idea of Luongo in a leaves uni, but if it can help to stock the shelves with a serious prospect or two, so be it.
Tweeters titss are for twits...it is the de-evolution of the internet...instant one pill gratification that is rarely right or fun...

Sometimes it's interesting if a talented or creative person is on the other end and has a cool link but mostly it's nobodies and losers posting dreck about their boring lives...
I mean really who cares where you are buying your coffee you idiot, if I see another photo of a so-called foodie I'm gonna puke

Speaking of which(Sand) Nonuts 2 donuts!!!!

Come'n Super Dave bend over and get yer arse packed by the amendable Mister Gillis :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
paddy wrote: Lou is Nonis's Man :D
HELLO Mr Gardiner! :D
By DN - first *Bertuzzi for Luongo

Now Gardiner for Luongo?

Nonis will get'r done!
Last edited by SKYO on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BurningBeard wrote:Does Gillis have Tannenbaum's phone number?

"Hey Tanny, I would love to trade you guys Bobby Lou, but your guy won't deal."

:lol: Love it.
Call Florida.

Hello Dale, have you heard the news from Toronto this morning?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

It's Strombone... says he'll be calling the shots from now on.

Last edited by Strangelove on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Presser-

New ownership evaluated personnel and decided changes need to be made.

Sounds like Burke got a failing grade. Bumped upstairs to share an executive washroom with Fletcher.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: New ownership evaluated personnel and decided changes need to be made.
Yeah, and right now!

Immediately after Carlyle says leaves goaltending is NHL quality.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Dude...your topic headline is totally inappropriate. Mods...I can't believe you let this headline go through.

Quite the development. Hope this helps trade Luongo to them.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Last night JFJr called Tannenbaum and said "I think he needs a tap on his ankle".

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Zedlee wrote:Dude...your topic headline is totally inappropriate. Mods...I can't believe you let this headline go through.

DUDE!

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Zedlee wrote:Dude...your topic headline is totally inappropriate. Mods...I can't believe you let this headline go through.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you very much Tony Gallonguzzler
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lest we forget that the final nail in the Nonis coffin here in Vancouver was his refusal to give up Edler, Raymond, another player and a draft pick for Richards. Water Boy wanted Richards. Nonis refused to pull the trigger and sell the team down the river for years to come. Water Boy let it be known that Nonis would be held accountable. Ugh....we missed the playoffs and Nonis was gone.

My point is that Nonis is not a puppet. I think he would walk the same plank as Burke if the issue were just Luongo. Now having said that, if Nonis has a boner for Luongo and Burke was pissing around due to the contract and feeling he had MG over a barrel, then Nonis does the deal. But personally I think Luongo is not the reason, he may be the final nail, or not, but I really believe he just didn't fit with new ownership. One of the things IS new ownership wants more direct involvement in hockey matters and no way Burke was gonna give that. Nonis I think will have this season but a bad year and he is gone.

Lets face it, Burke has not improved the leaves and his arrogance caught up with him. Now why is he carrying on as a senior advisor? Well, he is under contract and they have to pay his salary anyway so this way they prevent him from helping another team and he can't shit all over Leaf ownership. Basically they will muzzle him this season and then let him go at seasons end. This is about controlling him and preventing him from in any way damaging the leaves, ownership, tactics , etc.

As a side note, Dreger has a hard on right now just knowing Nonis is in charge and Kypryos looks like he lost his best friend. A tale of two men :D :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Burke, speaking over the Intercom from his new position in the executive office:

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you...

Nonis disconnects the Intercom, and dials Gillis.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Hockey Widow wrote:
As a side note, Dreger has a hard on right now just knowing Nonis is in charge and Kypryos looks like he lost his best friend. A tale of two men :D :D
The FAT FUCK OF A FORMER GM's Funeral the fight over who gets to say the Eulogy between Kypreos and Damien Cox(sucker) is the most interesting thing for me Today...

Sidenote does Nonis have a job for life by just following Burke from town to town
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Burke, speaking over the Intercom from his new position in the executive office:

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you...

Nonis disconnects the Intercom, and dials Gillis.

S_C
I was thinking more of Laurel & Hardy...

'Well this is another fine mess youv'e gotten us into...'

Poor Randy Carlyle

Well at least they all got da one ring to bind them all.. :crazy: