Men... or Baaa (sheep)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Men... or Baaa (sheep)

Post by Boston Canucker »

I never go to games really anyway. And in Boston, since I wear Canuck colors, that's as much a health and safety issue at this point. However, I was just in Brooklyn. I have a friend who lives near the new arena, and when the Isles move in there, I would like to check it out, and I have a few friends who are Rangers fans who at times offer me a free ticket if I head down, and if that happens, I'll go, for sure. Otherwise, I'll watch games on TV absolutely, starting opening night.

A boycott was never in my plans. My view is that while I am addict at some level, this is also a luxury expense/item in my life, especially now that I'm older with other priorities. What I want is a Canucks Stanley Cup; Game 7 of 2011 haunts me way more than any lockout (if I was going to take a walk from hockey it would have been then, out of frustration that IT is never going to happen!). The lockout did not make me angry so much as indifferent after awhile. I just turned to other things - especially work in what's been a busy year for me - until it was over, and now it is, so game on as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I pay for Center Ice package, and I do love my fanatasy league. So, I'll stick with those things. I'm looking forward to the season, should be fun. But whatever people do, they do, everyone makes their own call on it, makes no difference to me.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Maybe I am a little different, I lost a little interest a few years ago and really don't care until they get to the third round of the playoffs. Within the last 10 years the Canucks have won the pres trophy twice, division 100 times, has had players win the scoring race and always predicted to be a contender.

So now, seen it, saw it and now I need it done.

I will watch games but I always have a PVR show or a 2nd live show to watch at the same time. As soon as a commercial comes on I flip channels. I stopped buying the Province because of TG and his blatant one sided reports, yes Tony we all know you "love" the players.

I mainly watch because I go out for a beer with my buddies and instead of sitting around and talking about our feelings we shut up except to comment on the game or the waitress. I also follow because I am in some SIM leagues and it is fun to draft and watch your idea of good players and how they do.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

I won't be going to any games or buying merchandise. I will likely watch some games on the tube but won't buy Centre Ice.

My son in law who drives for a local trucking outfit that has the contract to haul the mash from the Kokanee Brewery says the number of trips is way down this year and consequently there are fewer guys working. The Brewery blames the lockout as they haul a shit load of beer to Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. So the filter down effect of this lockout has even impacted the lives of people in my small town, hitting the major employer hard.

A strong message needs to be sent to both the NHL & NHLPA that their greed has gone far beyond their own little sandbox.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Boston Canucker wrote: I'm looking forward to the season, should be fun. But whatever people do, they do, everyone makes their own call on it, makes no difference to me.
That's a far cry from your malarky about watching for boycotters to fail
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

During the lockout I discovered the pleasures of watching high level soccer. The EPL and Champions league is great entertainment and now time I used to spend watching non-Canuck hockey will be diverted to soccer.

I am still a Canuck fan though and will be cheering them on but I just watch the games on TV and never buy any merchandise. Personally I would not be caught dead wearing that stupid whale logo (a Canuck is not a fish), which may be the worst log in the league. Love the colors but but the uniforms are ruined for me by that appalling logo. Acquilini may be a smart real estate developer but he seriously blew it by not dumping John McCaw's grimacing orca when he had the chance.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Molson-Coors (that's easy, I avoid crappy beer anyways)
Scotiabank (not my banker)
Crappy Tire (I avoid already because their stuff is crappy)
VISA (tough one)
Kraft (oh yeah)
Timmy's (dish water)
Hershey (hit the highway)
Bell (it tolls for thee)
Reebok (easy)
Pepsi/Gatorade/Frito Lays (Cheeseburger,cheeseburger,Pepsi. No Pepsi, Coke)
Bridgestone (Goodyears and Nokians on our vehicles)
Sirius/XM (dumped XM over a year ago)
Ticketmaster (one more reason to hate these fuckers)
Cisco (boycotting for the Kid)
Compuware (anal log)
Starwood Hotels (I'll Sleep like a log somewhere else)
Enterprise Car Rental (not picking me up)
Verizon (not in my country)
McDonalds (LOL)
Honda (my genset is nearly 25 years old)
Discover (I don't need a card to explore)
Geico (exterminate the lizard)
:lol:

I wouldn't really find it hard to avoid those items either, don't even have a Visa so they aren't getting my interest.

As far as the Canucks go I will watch a game when I have the time, which I rarely have much of anymore. I have told family/friends not to by me NHL merchandise and I couldn't tell you the last time I bought something NHL related myself.

I prefer to play the game myself and spend time with my girls. They like hockey so we may watch some games but I've gotten rid of everything but basic cable and just stream shows online these days.

So I may catch the odd CBC game if I don't have a game or the girls aren't doing anything.

Though I will probably attend a game if someone offers me free tickets, but I won't pay for parking, or purchase anything in the arena! :wink:
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Arachnid wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote: I'm looking forward to the season, should be fun. But whatever people do, they do, everyone makes their own call on it, makes no difference to me.
That's a far cry from your malarky about watching for boycotters to fail
That's not what I said. I said it would be "interesting to see" how many people give up the boycott if the Canucks go on a run. I don't give a crap if people do or don't - and my initial comment never said I did, but it will be interesting, I still maintain, to see which people stick with it and which don't should the Canucks take another run at it. And also, this was after someone called me a sheep (speaking of malarky) for simply saying game on. I didn't call anyone any name. You went off on me like an unhinged homeless man for a comment that reflects a relatively uncontroversial view/query about how fans will react to the lockout (I honestly don't give a damn what people do)... I also let go your self-aggrandizing malarky about being a hockey fan longer than I have been. How you determined that, I still don't know, but if you are, it ain't by much. I guess you were there for Barry Wilkins goal. If so, then yes, I got going really in the Gary Smith/Phil Maloney era...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

*Strangelove parks bandwagon in middle of CCC forum, gets out clothed in nothing but Canucks gear, fires up bbq*

You'll be back boys. Image

Nothing has changed in Strangeworld.

Canucks are Cup Contenders and I will be glued to the screen as usual.

I will make it into Vancouver for at least one game as usual.

I will host about a dozen Canuck Game Day parties as usual.

I will buy Canuck merchandise for myself and family as usual.

And if dreams come true I will be first in line to purchase a Huberdeau/Gudbranson jersey! :thumbs:

But in any event:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: *Skyo goes in and swoops up all the season tickets, buy low, sell high!* $$$$$
SCALPER!!! :evil:

:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: *Skyo goes in and swoops up all the season tickets, buy low, sell high!* $$$$$
SCALPER!!! :evil:
LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: *Strangelove parks bandwagon in middle of CCC forum, gets out clothed in nothing but Canucks gear, fires up bbq*
TBH, I'll be right back on this when the games start and especially for playoffs. Or we get some significant Canucks news :wink:

I just don't have time to watch much puck right now, and it was the same last year. Y'know life - it's just busy!

The NHL has pissed me off so I won't be going outta my way to support them.

I'll forever be on the Canucks bandwagon. and I believe they will win the Cup every year from now until the end of existence!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:*

*Strangelove parks bandwagon in middle of CCC forum, gets out clothed in nothing but Canucks gear, fires up bbq*

You'll be back boys. Image

Nothing has changed in Strangeworld.

Canucks are Cup Contenders and I will be glued to the screen as usual.

I will make it into Vancouver for at least one game as usual.

I will host about a dozen Canuck Game Day parties as usual.

I will buy Canuck merchandise for myself and family as usual.

And if dreams come true I will be first in line to purchase a Huberdeau/Gudbranson jersey! :thumbs:

But in any event:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Corporate lackey...why am I not surprised...you probably actually believe your praying ended the lockout :P
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I lost my enthusiasm for the game. Not just because of Bettman's stupid work stoppage but because of my perception that the league is fixed. I am still feeling that we were robbed by inferior refereeing in the Boston series. Having said that I will PVR most games and if I don't hear the score I will watch it in the wee hours of the morning. I am praying that my lust for the game will return and I can get back to watching it without a jaundiced eye. I may need Bettman to be fired and Jacobs ( the real commissioner)to sell for that to happen though.
Spock
CC Veteran

Post by Spock »

Whaaat? There's hockey?

I'm still a fan. But my commitment to hockey is as diminished as my presence here -----I have moved my attention elsewhere.

I watched alot of NFL this season. I will be watching that until the Super Bowl is over.

I might catch a Canucks game in Phoenix if it suits my schedule.

The fact that you are HERE suggests you love the team and will be watching games.

I'll check in later.

Live Long and Endure

Spockster
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one."

Spock of Vulcan
Stardate 2476.8
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Spock wrote:Whaaat? There's hockey?

I'm still a fan. But my commitment to hockey is as diminished as my presence here -----I have moved my attention elsewhere.

I watched alot of NFL this season. I will be watching that until the Super Bowl is over.

I might catch a Canucks game in Phoenix if it suits my schedule.

The fact that you are HERE suggests you love the team and will be watching games.

I'll check in later.

Live Long and Endure

Spockster
:evil:

I'm only HERE for the free beer and the easy women pal, let me get that straight mister nonemotional....

I know nothing of hockey (honest Johnest, just ask just about anybody 8-) ) and am I am an Open Forum whore, hockey (and Brian Burke) is dead to me...although my passion may be resurrected in the Fall with the start of a real season.

Besides we have the World Championships in May if you believe that! The NHL can kiss my Lilly white Breaking Bad watching ass!

:arrow:

P.I.S.S.

Good to see you Doctor, regardless of your over the counter addictions... :)