New 10 year NHL CBA!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: New 10 year NHL CBA!

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Just saw her and Diego's show today, she's got more talent than strangehate's awkwardly named manservant Leonid :look:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Another point that will be interesting is how much of a cap hit do contracts in the AHl or for players loaned to other clubs count toward the main teams cap. A few weeks back the rumour I heard was that any contract over 100k would count against the NHL team's cap. If true it will make burying a guy in the minors rather redundant, another loop hole closed.

But it will be something that the NHL team will have to control in the overall picture. Since the NHL minimum exceeds 100k it will be interesting to see how this impacts two way/versus one way deals down the road.

EDIT:

Just found this:
Any player on a one-way contract who plays in the American Hockey League with a salary in excess of the NHL’s minimum salary plus $375,000 will have the excess amount charged against his team’s salary cap.

Don't know how reliable or accurate it is but if close to accurate then it won't affect the Canucks. Lets call it the Redden rule.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Gotta say I'm more on the same page as Arach with this, although I am boycotting NHL products, will still tune in to watch my Canucks so long as it doesn't interfere with something else. But I've lost interest in the NHL in general, too inconsistent, lack of integrity, bias towards certain players and teams, terrible officiating, blah blah blah......it's a long list. If I could watch CHL regularly I would probably just keep track of how the Canucks are doing and otherwise ignore the NHL until the playoffs.

Love this team. Love this game. Hate this league.
HockeyGeek
CC Rookie

Post by HockeyGeek »

I was kinda hoping for the whole thing to drag out into at least July this year. Some friends of mine who know I'm a big hockey fan, got me some tickets to a Canada vs US exhibition game here in Sydney, Australia in mid June. A cancelled season might have meant some biggish names might have made the trek down under. It'll still be heaps fun I'm sure but I imagine the rosters will be a little disappointing considering I imagine no nhl players currently under contract with a team will be able to come. On the plus side, yay NHL hockey starting soon!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Leaf fans are claiming they have won the Cup already. I look at this new CBA as 10 more years of the laughs missing the playoffs.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote:Gotta say I'm more on the same page as Arach with this, although I am boycotting NHL products, will still tune in to watch my Canucks so long as it doesn't interfere with something else. But I've lost interest in the NHL in general, too inconsistent, lack of integrity, bias towards certain players and teams, terrible officiating, blah blah blah......it's a long list. If I could watch CHL regularly I would probably just keep track of how the Canucks are doing and otherwise ignore the NHL until the playoffs.

Love this team. Love this game. Hate this league.
I agree 100% withe everything here.

One of my main interests in the league is how it affects my SIM league, I spend time watching other teams players as they belong to me in my SIM league. If it was not for that I would only watch about 75% of Canucks and not get excited until they reach the SC final.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is there a provision for the Leaves to have six points from their annual October three game win streak?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote:Is there a provision for the Leaves to have six points from their annual October three game win streak?
Yes. Clause 6.3.4.4 - Leaves Still Suck

The Toronto Maple leaves will be granted six (6) points in the standings in any year that there are no games in October. They will be first highlights on TSN and CBC. Additionally, they will still be golfing in April, where Dion Phaneif's putts will be first highlights before Playoff highlights.

I think that clause was in the last agreement as well.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

So... sounds like they're going to allow teams to retain salary/cap space while trading a player.

Up to a maximum of 50% per contract, no more then three contracts at a time, and a total of no more then 15% of the salary cap.

Burke's fingers are on this one too. :) This will probably help to grease the wheels on a few trades.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Laugh out loud at Ilya Kovalchuk...
One would have thought a guy would pick up a little "normal" living in North America for as long as Ilya has, but no it appears a couple months in mother Russia and its right back to WTF?

If the world ever runs out of French men there's always Russia :)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From Sportsnet:

The Stanley Cup could be presented as late as June 28 if the final series is pushed to a Game 7.

Sportsnet’s John Shannon confirmed Wednesday that the NHL’s 48-game regular season will begin Jan. 19, as expected, and will end April 27.

After a three-day break, the playoffs – which will remain in their usual format – will commence on the first of May.

Of particular interest to fans is the league's trade deadline, which Shannon expects to see land on April 3.

Typically trade deadline day falls in late February. For 2013, it will be pushed until after the Major League Baseball season opens.

The 2013 NHL Entry Draft is currently scheduled for June 28-29 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Some reporters have speculated that date could be pushed into July.

John Shannon@JSportsnet

From TSN:

When the NHL season gets underway, teams will likely have a shorter-than-normal evaluation period to decide whether to keep their underage prospects or send them back to their junior teams.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the league is expected to adopt a six-game rule for the lockout-shortened season. At that point, teams could send the player back to junior without using up the first year of their entry level contract.

Next season, the league would revert back to the usual 10 games.

The following underage juniors are likely to attend NHL camps for their respective teams: Dougie Hamilton (BOS), Mikhail Grigorenko (BUF), Ryan Murphy (CAR), Boone Jenner (CBJ), Brett Ritchie/Radek Faksa (DAL), Nail Yakupov (EDM), Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA), Matt Dumba (MIN), Alex Galchenyuk (MTL), Ryan Strome/Griffin Reinhart (NYI), Cody Ceci/Stefan Noesen (OTT), Scott Laughton (PHI), Morgan Rielly (TOR), Frank Corrado (VAN) and Mark Scheifele (WPG).
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote:From Sportsnet:

The Stanley Cup could be presented as late as June 28 if the final series is pushed to a Game 7.

Sportsnet’s John Shannon confirmed Wednesday that the NHL’s 48-game regular season will begin Jan. 19, as expected, and will end April 27.

After a three-day break, the playoffs – which will remain in their usual format – will commence on the first of May.
:(

The IIHF World Championships, that are held in Sweden (and Finland) this year start on May 3rd.

That means only players from teams that miss the playoffs will be available. In a normal year you have time to wait for first round eliminations as well, which means you have another eight teams to pick from.

This same shit happened when Sweden hosted the championships in 1995 as well.
Does the NHL board of directors do this on purpose to make our tournaments suffer?! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:From Sportsnet:

:(

The IIHF World Championships, that are held in Sweden (and Finland) this year start on May 3rd.

That means only players from teams that miss the playoffs will be available. In a normal year you have time to wait for first round eliminations as well, which means you have another eight teams to pick from.

This same shit happened when Sweden hosted the championships in 1995 as well.
Does the NHL board of directors do this on purpose to make our tournaments suffer?! :evil:
Suck it up Vikingboy :twisted: The NHL IS the the World Championships! (and a really really good money making endeavour that many are boycotting... :look: )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So the BoG and the NHLPA(98%) ratified the CBA but now we have to wait until the MOU is signed to get the NHL season under way. No plain english there! :D

Once MOU signed GM's are free to sign players and talk with other GM's. Signing expected today/tonight but if not no training camp tomorrow.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Link to CBA "Summary of Terms". A pretty good run down, but nothing stood out to me that hasn't already been rumored / leaked.

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpress ... 2-2013.pdf

There is no mention of even the option of altering the playoff format, which was rumored awhile back.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.