New 10 year NHL CBA!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: New 10 year NHL CBA!

Post by ukcanuck »

I like what Denis Potvin said, its like getting elbowed in the face and trying to figure out if your still mad at Em or not.

I guess if this fixes things finally and as the details come out we'll know if both sides got what they needed, then meh, time to move on...

I see the inks not dry and TSN. Wants to know if luongo will get the leaves into the playoffs...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: New 10 year NHL CBA!
GAME ON

____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah I was a bit on the Just Drop It pledge awhile back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRYvUUV20TU

but watching the world junior championships rejuvenated by love of the game instantly!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Most important clause in the new CBA: teams will now have a four year window (instead of two years) to sign European draft picks that were less than 20 years old when drafted! 8-)

This is good for the teams, that will have more time to evaluate the players before signing them, and also good for Swedish hockey, as we will get to keep talented players here longer than under the old CBA.

Also nice that the NHL will continue to let players participate in the Olympic tournaments! :)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
That right there is reason enough to want him off my team

Looks kinda like he's fishing for fat rebounds...and what's not so surprising is it also appears he can't get a handle on them
If you need air...call it in
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

In terms of what I would have liked to see from a new CBA, this new agreement is basically it.

-I didn't want to see a significant reduction in the salary cap. Before the lockout I said the cap likely wouldn't fall down by more than $5M, and a $64.3M cap for 13-14, with that being the minimum limit for the cap for the remainder of the CBA as per early reports, is in the ball park of what I expected in terms of a cap reduction.

-I didn't want 5 year contract limits, but I don't like +10 year deals, so a 7/8 is a reasonable settlement. Although expect to see a ton of 8 year deals being given out over the next few seasons, and the average annual salary will continue to increase even if the cap doesn't get to $70M for a couple of years.

As for the share of the pie and escrow, I could care less who gets what, as long as it's a workable CBA that doesn't hamstring teams like the Canucks that have good management and big revenues.

I don't know what this CBA does to help poorly run organizations other than cutting down costs by a significant but not sufficient amount to make those teams profitable. That would be a dilemma if the NHL is content with all of its 30 markets and may even look to expand. But if a couple of teams move north, the CBA should allow all teams to be profitable.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:I like what Denis Potvin said, its like getting elbowed in the face and trying to figure out if your still mad at Em or not.

I guess if this fixes things finally and as the details come out we'll know if both sides got what they needed, then meh, time to move on...

I see the inks not dry and TSN. Wants to know if luongo will get the leaves into the playoffs...
Denis Potvin may have said that about something but I doubt he said it about this here lockout. He and most people know the players are doing pretty fucking good for playing a niche sport with pretty much peanut crumbs for tv revenue. I have been wrong on occasion though.

Thing is, will you be able to move on ukcanuck ? This has been a very passionate issue for you , one certainly more passionate than any hockey related issue I can ever remember you commenting on over the years. Can you make it past this ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Strangelove wrote:
GAME ON

Let's get this game going. It will be a sprint rather than the usual slodding marathon...should be fun.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
That right there is reason enough to want him off my team

Looks kinda like he's fishing for fat rebounds...and what's not so surprising is it also appears he can't get a handle on them
Fair nuff Danny.

As an aside, how many mustaches can you count in that gif.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Waxed moustache

"Almost" waxed moustache

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:

...and so is Luongo's.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
GAME ON

Let's get this game going. It will be a sprint rather than the usual slodding marathon...should be fun.
It's gonna be GREAT!!!

Every game is almost twice as important as in a usual season!

Also, ANYTHING can happen!

For instance last year at the 50-game mark the Leaves were....... wait.... :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

back to fantasy hockey and no social life
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I like what Denis Potvin said, its like getting elbowed in the face and trying to figure out if your still mad at Em or not.

Denis Potvin may have said that about something but I doubt he said it about this here lockout. He and most people know the players are doing pretty fucking good for playing a niche sport with pretty much peanut crumbs for tv revenue. I have been wrong on occasion though.

Thing is, will you be able to move on ukcanuck ? This has been a very passionate issue for you , one certainly more passionate than any hockey related issue I can ever remember you commenting on over the years. Can you make it past this ?
The way I see it Blob, the players can come out of this with their heads high. if this were a boxing match, the owners win on points but it went the distance and both sides are gonna need a few cold steaks for the black eyes and lumps... Yeah I can get past it and keep the politics in Creepers bar...