New 10 year NHL CBA!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

New 10 year NHL CBA!

Post by SKYO »

This can be merged with there will be a strike, but I thought it'd be good to start a fresh new slate!?

- Length of #CBA 10 w opt out at 8 yrs.

- Salary cap for '13-'14 will be $64.3 million, Year 2 floor will be $44 M.

- Two sides settled on contract lengths of 7 years (other free agents), 8 (your own).

- NHL teams will only play within conference
(various sources)

- Sources say new NHL CBA deal includes a contract variance of 35% year to year. Also on new contract variance lowest number can or be 50% less than highest. Example. 10m-5m
-RealKyper

- Players will continue to participate in the Olympic Games as part of this tentative deal.
-Ian Mendes
---

Important documentation and ratification is next phase. Start date and # of games in season still TBA, depending on how long it takes.
-TSNBobMcKenzie

Board of governors and players wil have to ratify the deal. Once that's done it will be back to work.
-Bruce Garrioch

:shock: :rockin: :towel: :wave:
Last edited by SKYO on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: New 10 year NHL CBA!

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lock out officially lifted. Calls to go out in a few hours to get players to training camps asap. Games will be 48-50 depending upon how long ratification takes.

Looks like the strong market teams put added pressure on Bettman to get this done. Small markets get their floor but the big markets get another year reprieve, as well as two buy outs.

The other major pressure point was from league sponsors. If there was no deal there was going to be major court battle from some of them and a promise to never invest in the NHL again, or at least in the near future.

The only thing that is official is that the lock out is lifted. Neither side wanted to confirm terms until all stakeholders are notified so hopefully official details will come in the next 24-48 hours.

Cue up the TRADE LUONGO THREAD!
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Looks like the strong market teams put added pressure on Bettman to get this done. Small markets get their floor but the big markets get another year reprieve, as well as two buy outs.

Cue up the TRADE LUONGO THREAD!
Also it appears the NHL sponsors put intense pressure on Bettman, as they were getting concerned in putting money in an devalued product.

Botch gives the Luongo deal a week for an over-under. lulz
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Olympics still on as players will still be allowed to compete for national teams.

Salary variance: cannot vary greater than 35% from year to year. Lowest number in the contract term cannot be less than 50% of the highest number.

What will be interesting is to see if existing contracts are grandfathered where they differ from the new variance of if there will be some penalty for that? Also will be interesting to see if trades can involve keeping cap/salary; if the Burke clause got pushed through re if a traded player does not fulfil contract term the cap reverts to original team that entered into deal. Lots to see in the next few days but in essence the Canucks don't have to blow themselves up at this point.
The only HW the Canucks need
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I don't think they'd penalize teams based on variance for existing contracts but of course there was talk of rules to punish teams that signed contracts where more salary is paid than cap space used while the player is active.

Hopefully friend of the Canucks Donald Fehr can convince the league to let that slide while they haggle over the remaining details.. I haven't heard anything about it amongst the details that came out this morning.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Phew!! Glad the players held out to get that 2nd year cap up and compliance buyouts will help...and hopefully no one opts out early and we won't have to deal with this shit for another decade!

Game on, baby!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote: :shock: :rockin: :towel: :wave:
Boston Canucker wrote:Game on, baby!
Lever's tickets are available.

There's one born every minute.

EDIT: Deal done after the first two doggy NFL playoff games (thanks NBC). Just in time for TSN's full day Trade Centre coverage.
Last edited by Topper on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

See you in September....sheep 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Topper wrote:

EDIT: Deal done after the first two doggy NFL playoff games (thanks NBC). Just in time for TSN's full day Trade Centre coverage.
Be tough to use those tickets in Boston. Never said I would boycott, always said I'd come back. It will be interesting to see how many boycotters stick with it...especially if there is a playoff run. Game on, baby!
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Boston Canucker wrote:Be tough to use those tickets in Boston. Never said I would boycott, always said I'd come back. It will be interesting to see how many boycotters stick with it...especially if there is a playoff run. Game on, baby!
Once they see "Thank You Fans" printed on the ice Gary will have his them eating out of his hands again. :twisted:

Group hug... let's never fight again.
2011..... the one that got away.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I honestly didn't think they would get it done and I was looking into making T-Shirts to mock the stupidity of the league and the players.

BUT - I am happy they are back.

Now we can have game day posts and list to RD tell us how horrible, MG is, how horrible who ever we get back in a trade for Luongo is. How horrible who ever Canucks draft for the term of this new CBA is. In other words back to normal 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Topper wrote:

Be tough to use those tickets in Boston. Never said I would boycott, always said I'd come back. It will be interesting to see how many boycotters stick with it...especially if there is a playoff run. Game on, baby!
Really? I mean really? That's your play?
It will be interesting to see how many boycotters stick with it
That's fucking lame man.

I've been a fan longer than you, I am so loyal i can't even be in a hockey pool because I only choose the Blue, Green & White.

Always been there for my team through good and the band and the fugly...to tell you the truth I've been watching less and less hockey before the lockout because I feel the product has been diluted and not as pure as it was say 20 years ago.

If I have one thing it's integrity of a fan.

If I say I will stay away, I will.

Don't give a flying fuck if some gogsmog assburner posts crap about my intentions or not. I'm not making a statement, I'm not even boycotting anything or anyone.

It's just how I feel, the greedy fucktards took away any enthusiasm I had this season. I always look forward to training camp and I will again but for now for my own sanity and hockey spirit I gotta take a pass.

Yeah, it will be hard if they make the playoffs, but it was hard to watch all those chick flick theses past few months on a saturday night and to see the little people at bars and businesses suffer because a bunch of millionaires are fighting over their hard earned dollars.
And if the win it it will be even harder to see the * besides their name, never to have the respect of the rest of the league fans.

No, BostonLover, it will be interesting if YOU sir have and values or morals to be a TRUE fan 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

I'm "boycotting" (if you want to call it that) for 113 days, the length of the lockout. I won't attend any games, nor purchase any PPV, or purchase any NHL merchandise during this period either. I will watch (either at home or in a bar) and support my home team.

Go Hawks!
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

I can't afford to go to games anyways... and I've already got all the sweaters I need.

My big protest will come in the form of me buying a sub at Quiznos for every Subway commercial I have to watch.

That'll teach those greedy fuckers.
2011..... the one that got away.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:I can't afford to go to games anyways... and I've already got all the sweaters I need.

My big protest will come in the form of me buying a sub at Quiznos for every Subway commercial I have to watch.

That'll teach those greedy fuckers.
Quiznos >>> Subway