Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by rats19 »

Yes....doc Is a treasure trove..having him go out in a blaze would render our fraternity wanting....good to know hey doc?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I'm thinking with this being Christmas and the Doc being religiously bent he's tied up with things other than hockey forums. I've wondered what happened to Clam, haven't seen him around for a while.

Doc can give as good as he gets, but if it's no longer fun some times stepping away for a while helps
cheers
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Fred wrote:I'm thinking with this being Christmas and the Doc being religiously bent he's tied up with things...
I'm thinking silk stockings, chains and a gag mask. :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Dangler must have at some point been the object.
You would think so, but NOPE.

I've never directed a single word in the direction of the Dangler.

Just checked the archives and I see Mr Dangler, before this incident, has responded to two (2) of my posts all-time.

Each of the two (2) previous responses were quite friendly indeed I must say!

Perhaps this chap feels spurned by yours truly?

Or perhaps he's one of the many who becomes suicidal this time of the year.

Doesn't matter, it was out of the blue, let's chalk it up to eggnog says I! :thumbs:

Besides on Christmas the Great Strangelove is at peace with the world.

Thanks to you fellas who sprang to my defense. :blush:

Happy Birthday Jesus, peace on Earth, good will to men.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: I'm thinking silk stockings, chains and a gag mask. :?
:thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

okcanuck wrote:I would like to echo Pers thoughts, this board would be booooooring without Doc . Maybe if he was just injured slightly you know like falling off a bar stool or something. Merry Christmas to all on this board.
Thanks OK..... I think. :look:

Hey buddy, it's been a few days: CHECK YOUR INBOX!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
and a spanish red
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: Dangler must have at some point been the object.
Perhaps this chap feels spurned by yours truly?

i would be put off if someone spurned all over me...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote: here's me thinking you were a Christian ?

and how about thou shall not kill so you buy guns ...what just so you can? Just a little bit of hypocrisy going on there
Always awesome when a heathen tells a Christian what a Christian is supposed to be! :drink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_shall_not_murder

Fred, are you just blindly lashing out because I handed you your ass on a platter the other day

(twas stuffed with YOUR HEAD, remember?). :P
Fred wrote: Maybe rather than lock up those with mental problems we should lock up gun enthusiasts
You must be crazy.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Ok, Christmas is over so I'll say what I was going to say yesterday.

Sounds like fiction to me, Pulp Fiction.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Sounds like fiction to me, Pulp Fiction.
HEY... this thread is SUPPOSED to be about bagging big hairy animals!!! :evil:

Wait..... okay, carry on. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Looks like one of Topper and Strangelove's brethren let loose the hounds on a couple unsuspecting fireman, killing them both and injuring a few others with the same make and calibre rifle as the one used by Lanza. The carnage, THE CARNAGE!. MAKE IT STOP! continues and continues and continues. What I don't get, this dude here spent 17 years in jail for a previous murder, how the fuck did this nutbar get a hold of such killing machines? I will tell you what, it's Toppers and Strangeloves love for lax gun control laws all in the name of the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Anyhow, the slaying of children and good samaritan firemen continues. Story - http://news.yahoo.com/man-killed-2-fire ... 07219.html
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Looks like one of Topper and Strangelove's brethren let loose the hounds on a couple unsuspecting fireman, killing them both and injuring a few others with the same make and calibre rifle as the one used by Lanza. The carnage, THE CARNAGE!. MAKE IT STOP! continues and continues and continues. What I don't get, this dude here spent 17 years in jail for a previous murder, how the fuck did this nutbar get a hold of such killing machines? I will tell you what, it's Toppers and Strangeloves love for lax gun control laws all in the name of the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Anyhow, the slaying of children and good samaritan firemen continues. Story - http://news.yahoo.com/man-killed-2-fire ... 07219.html
What part of "criminals don't obey laws, that's why they call them criminals" don't you understand?
gun control laws only restrict responsible gun owners and innocent civilians, nutbars and freaky people have the black market that Always flourishes during prohibitions (Al Capone remember him?)

I watched a drug bust do down right next to my office last summe. The London Met police were armed to the teeth and resembled the SAS in the take down, they clearly were expecting an armed response and were right to expect so.

Having an unarmed population does nothing to prevent the criminal class from being armed like a private army.

And before you say it, no the bad guys do not buy there assault weapons at Guns R Us
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Looks like one of Topper and Strangelove's brethren let loose the hounds on a couple unsuspecting fireman, killing them both and injuring a few others with the same make and calibre rifle as the one used by Lanza. The carnage, THE CARNAGE!. MAKE IT STOP! continues and continues and continues. What I don't get, this dude here spent 17 years in jail for a previous murder, how the fuck did this nutbar get a hold of such killing machines? I will tell you what, it's Toppers and Strangeloves love for lax gun control laws all in the name of the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Anyhow, the slaying of children and good samaritan firemen continues. Story - http://news.yahoo.com/man-killed-2-fire ... 07219.html
What part of "criminals don't obey laws, that's why they call them criminals" don't you understand?
gun control laws only restrict responsible gun owners and innocent civilians, nutbars and freaky people have the black market that Always flourishes during prohibitions (Al Capone remember him?)

I watched a drug bust do down right next to my office last summe. The London Met police were armed to the teeth and resembled the SAS in the take down, they clearly were expecting an armed response and were right to expect so.

Having an unarmed population does nothing to prevent the criminal class from being armed like a private army.

And before you say it, no the bad guys do not buy there assault weapons at Guns R Us
Did you even read anything about the Newtown shooting?!
What criminal class? It was a disturbed kid with a gun nut mother.
Exactly the kind of thing stricter gun laws could prevent.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

ukcanuck wrote:What part of "criminals don't obey laws, that's why they call them criminals" don't you understand?
Hey this is some super sound reasoning. Why not just stop having laws, since it doesn't seem to stop criminals from breaking them?
gun control laws only restrict responsible gun owners and innocent civilians
What exactly is wrong with that? Maybe then the next time some "responsible" gun owner and innocent civilian has a kid that wants to ventilate a local elementary school he'll have to do more than go rooting around in mommy's closet to get what he needs.

Making it harder to kill people is a good thing, even if a given change doesn't fix everything in and of itself.
, nutbars and freaky people have the black market that Always flourishes during prohibitions (Al Capone remember him?)
Funny you bring up the prohibition, most studies show that alcohol consumption fell (although certainly not to zero) during that time. I wonder how many lives would be saved by a comparable (30%) drop in gun ownership.. especially if that drop was comprised of the deadliest weapons or the weapons owned by the most menacing demographic or the least responsibly kept weapons?
Cool beans.
Well if the "criminal class" was solely responsible for gun deaths in the United States, or if illegally acquired firearms were the sole cause of gun deaths, you might have a leg to stand on.

The Washington Post looked at 500+ deaths of police officers between 2000 and 2010 and legally acquired guns were the leading cause - 107 of the 341 murder weapons they had been able to track. Another 46 were legally purchased weapons obtained from their rightful owner. Another 77 were stolen (presumably many of these were originally legally obtained as well). So you're looking at a random sample of deaths and of the ones in which the murder weapon could be traced probably the majority goes back to a legal purchase.

If you take a look at a slightly more biased source, the "Violence Policy Center" looked at 59 'high profile' shootings between 1980 and 2001 and found that in 62% of handgun shootings 71% of long gun shootings the murder weapons were legally obtained. They looked at school shootings between 1997 and 2001 and found that in eight of ten the weapons were obtained from family members or friends, and in one of the two remaining cases the kid had previously been given a pistol by his father, he used it to kill both his parents and two classmates. In 14 workplace shootings since 1986 11 were committed with legally acquired weapons.

And you're telling me that restricting the type of weapons sold, or regulating who can legally own guns, or regulating how they can be stored.. none of that is going to cut down on the number of gun deaths in the US? You can talk about fucking Al Capone all you want but Adam Lanza got his guns from his mother's closet.

The fact is that there are "the bad guys" out there just like on tv, illegally acquiring guns for the purpose committing crimes and so on. There are also thousands of idiots out there who, in a moment or two of anger or panic or just stupidity, end someone's life because it was as easy as going into their closet or night stand or glove box or because they didn't have their safety on or.. blah blah blah.