Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Arachnid » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 am

RoyalDude wrote:GO GUNS GO!

Somebody bring Charlton Heston back from the dead, where are our spokesman in the name of guns? People, children WHO CARES. It's all about the guns, man. SAVE THE GUNS!

This brings a tear to my eye seeing everyone hear rally around guns, expressing their love for the amazingly fantastic hunting rifles - semi-automatics, hand guns etc.

I love the latest excuse from the NRA fucktards. "If every citizen was allowed to arm themselves, incidents like t his would never happen. "Here you go little Johnny, a gun for your Graduation present, now go out and wander the streets, shit-faced and if anyone looks you the wrong way, just pull out your pistol and fire away" BLAM, BLAM, BLAM!

Personally, I think we should hand out hunting licenses to non-gun loving people to hunt and kill any NRA member around the world they see fit. The NRA wants guns? How about putting them on the receiving end of them?

Yeehaw
:D

Yeehaw indeed BD, I have a novel idea I wanted to float by you...

We line up all the pro gun lobbyists against the wall and shoot them.

BANG! no more pro gun people.

Live by your words...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Port Alberni

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by okcanuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:31 am

The NRA and the chicken-shit politicians who listen to their lobbyists all have blood on their hands over this latest massacre. Try and tell the parents of these children why there isn't stricter gun laws in the US.

The NRA claim their lobbyists are trying to protect the constitution,I say bull-shit, it has everything to do with the billions of dollars the gun manufacturers are making.

The vast majority of Americans are peaceful law-abiding citizens,and if given the chance would overwhelmingly vote for much stricter gun laws. Fuck the NRA.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17637
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Strangelove » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 pm

RoyalDude wrote: Personally, I think we should hand out hunting licenses to non-gun loving people to hunt and kill any NRA member around the world they see fit. The NRA wants guns? How about putting them on the receiving end of them? They shouldn't have any complaints, right? That would be very hypocritical of them, wouldn't it? So if they don't mind dying by their beloved sword, why not put NRA members in season?
By that logic we should kill all potential murderers.

And everyone is a potential murderer.

We're gunna need more guns.

Or would you prefer ice-picks? :crazy:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17637
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Strangelove » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:49 pm

okcanuck wrote: The NRA and the chicken-shit politicians who listen to their lobbyists all have blood on their hands over this latest massacre. Try and tell the parents of these children why there isn't stricter gun laws in the US.
Oh bullshit, the psychos would be gathering up dynamite and firing up chain-saws if they couldn't get aholda guns.

Maybe it's time to figure out why so many folks these days *looks directly at RD* are harbouring murderous thoughts.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Strangelove wrote: Maybe it's time to figure out why so many folks these days *looks directly at RD* are harbouring murderous thoughts.
Dude does hate the Gillis....maybe we should worry

My opinion is this:
There really isn't much need for assault rifles or handguns other than killing human beings. Hunting rifles are a useful appliance than many, many good people shouldn't have to do without because of a few nut jobs.
Why not adopt more stringent regulations and severely restrict access to these specific "anti-personnel weapons", then keep shot guns and hunting rifles available to hunters and those who aren't psychos'. It's a step towards a more globally recognized way of managing weaponry which may bring US murder rates down. I understand that it's not the guns doing the killing but restricting availability can't actually hurt.
The 2nd amendment was written in the day of muzzle loading muskets. How about every Americans "Right to Bear Arms" being limited to the weapons of this time period? I'm sure when the amendment was written the founding fathers didn't envision this much pain. A 20 lb muzzle loading musket, a horn of powder and balls would definitely slow down these idiots from doing this much harm.
Couple this with a more effective mental health evaluation system maybe? I don't know. I really can't imagine how this guy could do what he did. He must have exhibited signs somehow. He must have.
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Port Alberni

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by okcanuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Maybe it's time to figure out why so many folks these days *looks directly at RD* are harbouring murderous thoughts.
Dude does hate the Gillis....maybe we should worry

My opinion is this:
There really isn't much need for assault rifles or handguns other than killing human beings. Hunting rifles are a useful appliance than many, many good people shouldn't have to do without because of a few nut jobs.
Why not adopt more stringent regulations and severely restrict access to these specific "anti-personnel weapons", then keep shot guns and hunting rifles available to hunters and those who aren't psychos'. It's a step towards a more globally recognized way of managing weaponry which may bring US murder rates down. I understand that it's not the guns doing the killing but restricting availability can't actually hurt.
The 2nd amendment was written in the day of muzzle loading muskets. How about every Americans "Right to Bear Arms" being limited to the weapons of this time period? I'm sure when the amendment was written the founding fathers didn't envision this much pain. A 20 lb muzzle loading musket, a horn of powder and balls would definitely slow down these idiots from doing this much harm.


Couple this with a more effective mental health evaluation system maybe? I don't know. I really can't imagine how this guy could do what he did. He must have exhibited signs somehow. He must have.


Exactly U D L Nobody, and I mean nobody, needs an assault rifle capable of using 30-50 rounds of ammunition in a matter of seconds to defend themselves.

User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Port Alberni

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by okcanuck » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:56 am

Strangelove wrote:
okcanuck wrote:After the events today is there anyone on this board that can explain to me why the US doesn't need some kind of gun restrictions?
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-1 ... n-in-China

Man stabs 22 primary school students in a knife attack in China on Friday, officials said, the latest in a series of assaults.
Besides, the bad guys are always gonna get guns in America.

Some believe what's needed is more guns in the hands of the good guys.

If Booth was on his way to the target range and saw that evil bastard approaching the school, he coulda took him out, no?

The kids in China are all going to live as it turns out. Exactly my point. If he had an assault rifle we would be mourning another twenty child deaths.

Maybe we should arm all the teachers with shot-guns, the bad guys would have to come in to the class with automatic weapons and then we could arm the good guys with grenades,.... and on and on.

No, I stand by what I said earlier. The NRA has blood on its hands on this one. I'm guessing this is why they shut down their facebook page.

User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Port Alberni

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by okcanuck » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm

I see the NRA is back on facebook today. Fucking cowards went off it since saturday because they knew they couldn't come up with any excuses for their stance on the right for everyone to own any weapon they want including automatic weapons. Morons.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11977
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:18 am

I don't know why they stop there, with high-powered Semi-automatic rifles that can fire of a billion rounds per second, Americans should be allowed to arm themselves with a stick of dynamite, a rocket launcher, hand grenade etc. Same affect really, mow down a bunch of people in a short order. At least with dynamite, the victims have a short window to scramble unlike a psycho with a semi-automatic.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9901
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Topper » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 am

okcanuck wrote:I see the NRA is back on facebook today. Fucking cowards went off it since saturday because they knew they couldn't come up with any excuses for their stance on the right for everyone to own any weapon they want including automatic weapons. Morons.
Why are they required to host a forum for the anti gun nuts to vent?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11977
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 am

Topper wrote:
okcanuck wrote:I see the NRA is back on facebook today. Fucking cowards went off it since saturday because they knew they couldn't come up with any excuses for their stance on the right for everyone to own any weapon they want including automatic weapons. Morons.
Why are they required to host a forum for the anti gun nuts to vent?
Anti-gun nuts might be a bit highly sensitive of you Topper. They are just people who want better gun control, especially on the human killing machine firearms. Better screening and education to would be buyer. Most of these people have no issues with gun ownership for sport of the TRUE gun enthusiast. It's incidents like the Conneticut one where a mother buys 4 highly powerful human killing firearms and is completely fucking irresponsible on the security of them. It's because of the irresponsible ownership of these guns, the black market trading of them is why BETTER GUN CONTROL IS FUCKING IMPORTANT.A son with mental health issues just had to open up a cubboard, load up, pop a bullet in her mom while she sleeps, drives to a school and goes on a rampage. It's that simple, the Americans have displayed with they yearly statistic averaging 10,000 deaths by guns that they do in fact need proper, stricter rules just to protect them from themselves. The lax gun control rules down in the states is the only real threat and terrorist to the Homeland of America.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Fred
CC Legend
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Fred » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 pm

I cannot for the life of me understand why every one is not behind this gun control. So much pain and anguish, loss of children's life and then to insult them and suggest things are OK as they are is unfathomable. People putting their own needs before the desire to protect the children and indeed any one

I watched Pier Morgan last night and he had a chap on that was supporting more guns, including arming teachers, and the first thought that went through my mind was how come this guy passed the test allowing him to carry a gun. He was a live example of a failure of the system.

Another chap, same program, raised the point of Israel. A country in the very midst of terror and blood shed has a far far more serious gun licensing system. To carry a gun there needs to be a psychiatric test, a 60 day delay and then you're given 60 bullets and that's it for life .... 60 bullets! one gun. Heck you can only use one at a time.

Now i know the hunters are going to say what about us, but if you want or need to hunt, and why not. to save lives could you not just fore go the need to have the gun in your home and have it in a central lock up. I new a girl that had the side of her face blown off when she was about 12, her and her friend just "Looking at Dads shot gun" Well Dad had forgotten to take the shells out. It shouldn't happen, it was an accident but you try going through any day and see how many mishaps you have. The problem is a mishap with a gun can be fatal... and for what ?
cheers

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7595
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Cornuck » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Fred wrote:The problem is a mishap with a gun can be fatal... and for what ?
To protect themselves from tyranny as bestowed in the Bill of Rights.

You never know when the government will be spying on them, increasing taxes to much, starting wars without a declaration, give unreasonable searches at places like airports. Imagine if the government gave the president the power to kill US citizens or detain them without trial?

If the government ever did these things, then the gun owners would rise up and overthrow them and put a new government in place. An armed assortment of random individuals militia protects the citizenry.
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7948
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Fred wrote:The problem is a mishap with a gun can be fatal... and for what ?
To protect themselves from tyranny as bestowed in the Bill of Rights.

You never know when the government will be spying on them, increasing taxes to much, starting wars without a declaration, give unreasonable searches at places like airports. Imagine if the government gave the president the power to kill US citizens or detain them without trial?

If the government ever did these things, then the gun owners would rise up and overthrow them and put a new government in place. An armed assortment of random individuals militia protects the citizenry.
Nice!

Fred
CC Legend
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Fred » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Fred wrote:The problem is a mishap with a gun can be fatal... and for what ?
To protect themselves from tyranny as bestowed in the Bill of Rights.

You never know when the government will be spying on them, increasing taxes to much, starting wars without a declaration, give unreasonable searches at places like airports. Imagine if the government gave the president the power to kill US citizens or detain them without trial?

If the government ever did these things, then the gun owners would rise up and overthrow them and put a new government in place. An armed assortment of random individuals militia protects the citizenry.
Sure let them tell that to the parents who will not have their children around this Christmas, or the girl that spent years going through plastic surgery after plastic surgery .... well your "inconvenience is all for the good " just in case we need to rise up and rid our self of tyranny. There are better more effective ways to deal with tyrants then resorting to shoot the mudder fukka.

I have to say I was a big fan of George Carlin and now Bill Maher. Carlins said how come in the USA if we have a problem the only discourse we can have is by declaring war on it. The war against drugs, the war against crime and as george say it's the only country that has mention of rockets and bombs in it's national anthem.
cheers

Post Reply