Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by rats19 »

Or gentle Ben.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tiger wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:(the original picture) is a great trophie! prolly the second hardest to get! and done with the bow, great job!
+ 1..
Yep. he deserves bragging rights.. and his Elk looked good too.. Killing bears is a good thing in Alberta !! Getting a little tired of listening to city dumb fuks bitchin and whining about something they know nothing about..
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Topper wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Booth's already come out stated he's doing this for trophy hunting.

Booth referred to the goat as a trophy. That is what they are called in hunting. The same rules apply for usage of meat and skin. Baiting is not allowed for goats and blinds would be completely ineffective so your insinuation (viewtopic.php?p=151682#p151682) that he used those methods is yet another fallacy in your continued diatribe.

In fact goat hunting is by far the closest to you preferred take on hunting. (viewtopic.php?p=151682#p151682)
You're forgetting the key part of hunting ....the "hunt". Going out to the wilderness and searching for your own. Thats hunting.
But then, with your background and experience, you should already have possessed that knowledge.
ClamRussel wrote:I've already stated my comments had nothing to do with hunting for meat so I won't address that.

These animals are hunted for meat. To do otherwise is illegal. Maybe you didn't know that and that is why you backed off the topic. They are also hunted for their skins (trophies but I know you don't like that word) and again, to do otherwise is illegal. Do you own a leather coat or wallet Clam? I have some lovely mother of pearl on my mantle piece, the animal was used for chowder.
ClamRussel wrote:I haven't "attacked" anyone's views that are different than mine. Quite the contrary, people who favour these hunting practices have done the personal attacks.
Really? (viewtopic.php?p=151213#p151213) Maybe it is your way of debating to accuse others creating strawmen. Good ol LBJ. Repeatedly, by myself, Coco and Carlyee, the fallacies and errors that you base your views upon have been exposed and without a basis for your views, those views are ignorant.
ClamRussel wrote:If someone doesn't agree with Booth they are called ignorant.

As I said
You have done nothing in this thread but advertise your ignorance of modern hunting, your preference for inhumane hunting practises, your complete disregard for hunter safety and your lack of knowledge of the laws governing hunting.
That is stating fact. Would you prefer the euphemism "lack of knowledge"?
ClamRussel wrote: The only ignorance going on here is assuming to know a person's background and experience without knowledge.
Oh please Clam, tell us of that vast hunting background and experience that you possess because it certainly isn't shown in any of your posts in this thread.

Are we expected to bow down to this background, experience and knowledge of the unknown unknown you claim to have, because you certainly haven't demonstrated any of it.
Amusing but not even remotely close.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

So on our "politically correct " local radio show an environmentalist .. fish and game type was interviewed about his
proposal.. it ran like this.. The northern wolves are now a menace to the caribou herds so its being proposed to build an 800 mile fence ( line north of Ft Mcmurray ) to protect the Caribou ( cost estimate about 40 million to build .. 3 million annual maintenance ).. WTF??????? No Caribou for the wolves so they gotta eat kids ????
Put a bounty on the damn wolves .. Invite Booth and Tiger Williams ( another noted hunter/fisherman ) to bring their crossbows or rifles and enjoy the hunt.. Cost to Canada = Chump Change.. and far more effective..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

In the North (north of 60), they offer money to those that kill over-populated wolves and bring in proof of kill.

If you have a wolf problem, offer a $60-90/kill bounty and your problem goes away rather quick.

I've travelled all across the North, recently saw my first couple polar bears. Awesome, powerful, majestic things. They would certainly be on David Booth's hit list (if he hasn't bagged one already, they ain't cheap!). I'm fine with that, because sport hunters bring in money for the local economy (big money for big game) and support these peoples' lives. The tags are controlled, so if Jimmy Kudlak wants to sell his polar bear tag it's the same as if he shot one.

I know I could never pull the trigger on something so awesome. I've "hunted" people in Afghanistan and would much rather do that than hunt big game. Might sound sick, but people shoot back and I have no desire to hang dead mammals on my wall. Yet, I have nothing against hunting. It's been part of human history forever and makes sense for those that do it for subsistence and those that do it for sport (and by extension support the lives of guides, tour operators, bush pilots etc).
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Tiger wrote:So on our "politically correct " local radio show an environmentalist .. fish and game type was interviewed about his
proposal.. it ran like this.. The northern wolves are now a menace to the caribou herds so its being proposed to build an 800 mile fence ( line north of Ft Mcmurray ) to protect the Caribou ( cost estimate about 40 million to build .. 3 million annual maintenance ).. WTF??????? No Caribou for the wolves so they gotta eat kids ????
Put a bounty on the damn wolves .. Invite Booth and Tiger Williams ( another noted hunter/fisherman ) to bring their crossbows or rifles and enjoy the hunt.. Cost to Canada = Chump Change.. and far more effective..
Take it another step. Reality Show called Bow Hunting with Booth, Tiger and the Nuge !!! Each one gets a team of 4 novice hunters to train, and then they go hunting. Team with the most wolves killed wins.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

After the events today is there anyone on this board that can explain to me why the US doesn't need some kind of gun restrictions?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

okcanuck wrote:After the events today is there anyone on this board that can explain to me why the US doesn't need some kind of gun restrictions?
Would you rather they use pipe bombs or fertilizer based bombs...its not the guns oc..its the people. I think a mass education on reading signs of impending atrocities would be a better strategy.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

okcanuck wrote:After the events today is there anyone on this board that can explain to me why the US doesn't need some kind of gun restrictions?
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-1 ... n-in-China

Man stabs 22 primary school students in a knife attack in China on Friday, officials said, the latest in a series of assaults.
Besides, the bad guys are always gonna get guns in America.

Some believe what's needed is more guns in the hands of the good guys.

If Booth was on his way to the target range and saw that evil bastard approaching the school, he coulda took him out, no?
____
Try to focus on someday.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
Would you rather they use pipe bombs or fertilizer based bombs...its not the guns oc..its the people. I think a mass education on reading signs of impending atrocities would be a better strategy.

The fact of the matter is there has been 14000 gun-related deaths in the US so far this year,which is a disportionately high rate per capita. I'm against the idea that anybody in the states can get an assault rifle and wreck havoc on innocent people.
Its insane.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

How about this....guns reduce death tolls by simple inefficiency.
Poison gas , bombs, insane people do insane things. Is there a stat anywhere about how many lives having a gun has saved? Do not confuse my stance as not having compassion and utmost sympathy for all who were harmed.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

okcanuck wrote:
Its insane.
What's really insane is putting child-killers back on the street because they were deemed insane:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le6282457/
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

okcanuck wrote:
The fact of the matter is there has been 14000 gun-related deaths in the US so far this year,which is a disportionately high rate per capita. I'm against the idea that anybody in the states can get an assault rifle and wreck havoc on innocent people.
Its insane.

When you think about after the World Trade 9/11 episode that killed .what ... 3700 the USA went to war costing Trillions and yet 14,000 deaths is seemingly OK. If the Americans want the right to bare arms per the 2nd amendment let them carry a musket or make buying ammunition very very difficult ...immediately
cheers
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I was just clicking on a news site when my son came into my office for his pre nap hug. I saw the news from CT, gave the kid an extra long hug, then went searching for jokes about the shooting.

Look on the bright side, those parents can now return all those kid's shitty Christmas presents and buy something nice for themselves. Something in the 9mm line.

Making guns more difficult to acquire will not change the attitude that people need to arm themselves to individually protect themselves.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

GO GUNS GO!

Somebody bring Charlton Heston back from the dead, where are our spokesman in the name of guns? People, children WHO CARES. It's all about the guns, man. SAVE THE GUNS!

This brings a tear to my eye seeing everyone hear rally around guns, expressing their love for the amazingly fantastic hunting rifles - semi-automatics, hand guns etc.

I love the latest excuse from the NRA fucktards. "If every citizen was allowed to arm themselves out in public, incidents like t his would never happen. "Here you go little Johnny, a gun for your Graduation present, now go out and wander the streets, shit-faced and if anyone looks you the wrong way, just pull out your pistol and fire away" BLAM, BLAM, BLAM!

Personally, I think we should hand out hunting licenses to non-gun loving people to hunt and kill any NRA member around the world they see fit. The NRA wants guns? How about putting them on the receiving end of them? They shouldn't have any complaints, right? That would be very hypocritical of them, wouldn't it? So if they don't mind dying by their beloved sword, why not put NRA members in season?

Yeehaw
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau