Prospects Thread 2012-13

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Damn, how did Pittsburgh end up with 6 really good prospects on Defense? Despres, Matta, Morrow, Pouliot, Doumulin, Harrington.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I'm enjoying all these teams guaranteeing their prospects will stay in the tournie regardless of lockout outcome. Posturing to nudge hockey Canada to include their guys on the team?
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Morgan Rielly (TOR), Boone Jenner (CBJ), Scott Harrington (PIT) and Ty Rattie (STL) are fully committed to WJC if on Team Canada roster.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Damn, how did Pittsburgh end up with 6 really good prospects on Defense? Despres, Matta, Morrow, Pouliot, Doumulin, Harrington.
C'mon RD, that's all fine and good that Pittsburgh has some prospects - but how about Corrado? First Canuck prospect (probably) on Team Canada since Hodgson?

5th round pick, 150th overall in 2011. Everyone passed on him 4 times, and yet he is showing value that is up there with the 1st round picks...

That's something to Gillis and Delorme's credit, no?

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Wednesday Dec 12

ECHL

Kalamazoo 3 Fort Wayne 7
Anthony 0 points, even
Mallet 0 points, -4
Polasek 0 points, -3
Rai did not play (still on 21 day IR)
Schneider 0 points, -2

OHL

Belleville 2 Ottawa 0
Gaunce 0 points, +1

S_C
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Damn, how did Pittsburgh end up with 6 really good prospects on Defense? Despres, Matta, Morrow, Pouliot, Doumulin, Harrington.
C'mon RD, that's all fine and good that Pittsburgh has some prospects - but how about Corrado? First Canuck prospect (probably) on Team Canada since Hodgson?

5th round pick, 150th overall in 2011. Everyone passed on him 4 times, and yet he is showing value that is up there with the 1st round picks...

That's something to Gillis and Delorme's credit, no?

S_C

Corrado is a fine prospect, mostly because he is a pizano like myself. That being said, how often have we seen once good Canuck defensive prospects stink the joint out in the NHL, like all those prospects that the likes of Don Leves and Blobby Mac Mackenzie raved about like Rene Vydareny, Kevin Connauton, Zenith Komarniski, Per Olaf Brasar, Andy Schleibener etc.

All kidding aside, I think we got decent young prospects in Corrado, Kassian, Jensen, Tanev, Gaunce, Lack, McNally, Mallet, Labate. However we are completely void of having any elite level prospects in the system. That is my concern. Those above are good supporting cast prospects but we could use some high end talent for sure.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

It is paisano if you are taliking about the reference to someone male from your native village back in the old country. Also, Gillis has iced a competitive team on a consistent basis in a manner worth respect if not total god-like submission. We will get an elite talent the same way we got the Sedins. High draft choices and good trades.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote:It is paisano if you are taliking about the reference to someone male from your native village back in the old country. Also, Gillis has iced a competitive team on a consistent basis in a manner worth respect if not total god-like submission. We will get an elite talent the same way we got the Sedins. High draft choices and good trades.
You are completely out to lunch to with your drivel regarding Gillis. If anything you supplied me with great comic relief, regarding PIZANO, I can spell PIZANO any damn fucking way I want to cause I am a Pizano.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOL!

Dude say it ain't so! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:You are completely out to lunch to with your drivel regarding Gillis. If anything you supplied me with great comic relief, regarding PIZANO, I can spell PIZANO any damn fucking way I want to cause I am a Pizano.
and thick crust too.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

RoyalDude wrote:
damonberryman wrote:It is paisano if you are taliking about the reference to someone male from your native village back in the old country. Also, Gillis has iced a competitive team on a consistent basis in a manner worth respect if not total god-like submission. We will get an elite talent the same way we got the Sedins. High draft choices and good trades.
You are completely out to lunch to with your drivel regarding Gillis. If anything you supplied me with great comic relief, regarding PIZANO, I can spell PIZANO any damn fucking way I want to cause I am a Pizano.
I certainly believe you are what you say. No offense intended Piezzanno or Pizino. My goodness. Must be that hot Italian blood. :?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RD can call himself whatever he wants.

Except for "right" of course!

:santa:
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Wow... Hockey Canada politics...

Corrado is cut and won't be on Team Canada. This is after clearly outplaying Dumba, Sproul, Murphy, and Wotherspoon... Bob McKenzie and Ray Ferrarro had commented that he was perhaps the best D in evaluation camp (outside of Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly, and Ouellet), but I guess selecting a 5th round pick over 1sts and 2nds is just too embarrassing.

There goes that Cinderella story.

S_C
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Wow... Hockey Canada politics...

Corrado is cut and won't be on Team Canada. This is after clearly outplaying Dumba, Sproul, Murphy, and Wotherspoon... Bob McKenzie and Ray Ferrarro had commented that he was perhaps the best D in evaluation camp (outside of Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly, and Ouellet), but I guess selecting a 5th round pick over 1sts and 2nds is just too embarrassing.

There goes that Cinderella story.

S_C
This cut looks oh so political. How much you wanna bet there were agents and GMs burning Spott's ears off the last couple of days? Yeah, the tryout roster was stacked, but I guess performance counts for sweet F* all when one of the steadiest and most productive D-men in camp is the first one cut.

One thing I noticed is how much press the other prospects were getting, but Corrado got zilch, nema, nothing outside of a seemingly grudging admission that he scored the winning goals in games. No TSN spotlights, no storylines on how this kid was outplaying the competition at camp. It's enough to really make you wonder what the agendas were for the editors and producers covering the camp. Certainly wasn't for 5th-rounders, no matter how well they did at camp.

s'okay Frankie, my πsan, you just make'em eat their words when you hit an NHL rink while Murphy toils in the ECHL.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Earlier in the day McKenzie ranked Corrado as the #5 D on the team and Ray Ferraro thought he's made the team convincingly, seems like he didn't get the political vote
cheers
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Thursday Dec 13

AHL

Hamilton 3 Chicago 4
Climie 34 saves on 37 shots

Archibald, (3) (Tanev, Hunt)
Archibald, (4) (Schroeder, Gordon) (PP)
Haydar, (2) (Sweatt, Tanev)