Prospects Thread 2012-13

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Damn, how did Pittsburgh end up with 6 really good prospects on Defense? Despres, Matta, Morrow, Pouliot, Doumulin, Harrington.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Benjo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm enjoying all these teams guaranteeing their prospects will stay in the tournie regardless of lockout outcome. Posturing to nudge hockey Canada to include their guys on the team?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Morgan Rielly (TOR), Boone Jenner (CBJ), Scott Harrington (PIT) and Ty Rattie (STL) are fully committed to WJC if on Team Canada roster.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Southern_Canuck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:20 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Damn, how did Pittsburgh end up with 6 really good prospects on Defense? Despres, Matta, Morrow, Pouliot, Doumulin, Harrington.


C'mon RD, that's all fine and good that Pittsburgh has some prospects - but how about Corrado? First Canuck prospect (probably) on Team Canada since Hodgson?

5th round pick, 150th overall in 2011. Everyone passed on him 4 times, and yet he is showing value that is up there with the 1st round picks...

That's something to Gillis and Delorme's credit, no?

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Southern_Canuck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Wednesday Dec 12

ECHL

Kalamazoo 3 Fort Wayne 7
Anthony 0 points, even
Mallet 0 points, -4
Polasek 0 points, -3
Rai did not play (still on 21 day IR)
Schneider 0 points, -2

OHL

Belleville 2 Ottawa 0
Gaunce 0 points, +1

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Southern_Canuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Damn, how did Pittsburgh end up with 6 really good prospects on Defense? Despres, Matta, Morrow, Pouliot, Doumulin, Harrington.


C'mon RD, that's all fine and good that Pittsburgh has some prospects - but how about Corrado? First Canuck prospect (probably) on Team Canada since Hodgson?

5th round pick, 150th overall in 2011. Everyone passed on him 4 times, and yet he is showing value that is up there with the 1st round picks...

That's something to Gillis and Delorme's credit, no?

S_C



Corrado is a fine prospect, mostly because he is a pizano like myself. That being said, how often have we seen once good Canuck defensive prospects stink the joint out in the NHL, like all those prospects that the likes of Don Leves and Blobby Mac Mackenzie raved about like Rene Vydareny, Kevin Connauton, Zenith Komarniski, Per Olaf Brasar, Andy Schleibener etc.

All kidding aside, I think we got decent young prospects in Corrado, Kassian, Jensen, Tanev, Gaunce, Lack, McNally, Mallet, Labate. However we are completely void of having any elite level prospects in the system. That is my concern. Those above are good supporting cast prospects but we could use some high end talent for sure.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby damonberryman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 pm

It is paisano if you are taliking about the reference to someone male from your native village back in the old country. Also, Gillis has iced a competitive team on a consistent basis in a manner worth respect if not total god-like submission. We will get an elite talent the same way we got the Sedins. High draft choices and good trades.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm

damonberryman wrote:It is paisano if you are taliking about the reference to someone male from your native village back in the old country. Also, Gillis has iced a competitive team on a consistent basis in a manner worth respect if not total god-like submission. We will get an elite talent the same way we got the Sedins. High draft choices and good trades.


You are completely out to lunch to with your drivel regarding Gillis. If anything you supplied me with great comic relief, regarding PIZANO, I can spell PIZANO any damn fucking way I want to cause I am a Pizano.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Strangelove » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 pm

LOL!

Dude say it ain't so! :wink:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6899
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Topper » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 am

RoyalDude wrote:You are completely out to lunch to with your drivel regarding Gillis. If anything you supplied me with great comic relief, regarding PIZANO, I can spell PIZANO any damn fucking way I want to cause I am a Pizano.

and thick crust too.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4549
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby damonberryman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:19 am

RoyalDude wrote:
damonberryman wrote:It is paisano if you are taliking about the reference to someone male from your native village back in the old country. Also, Gillis has iced a competitive team on a consistent basis in a manner worth respect if not total god-like submission. We will get an elite talent the same way we got the Sedins. High draft choices and good trades.


You are completely out to lunch to with your drivel regarding Gillis. If anything you supplied me with great comic relief, regarding PIZANO, I can spell PIZANO any damn fucking way I want to cause I am a Pizano.


I certainly believe you are what you say. No offense intended Piezzanno or Pizino. My goodness. Must be that hot Italian blood. :?
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Aaronp18 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 pm

RD can call himself whatever he wants.

Except for "right" of course!

:santa:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Southern_Canuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Wow... Hockey Canada politics...

Corrado is cut and won't be on Team Canada. This is after clearly outplaying Dumba, Sproul, Murphy, and Wotherspoon... Bob McKenzie and Ray Ferrarro had commented that he was perhaps the best D in evaluation camp (outside of Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly, and Ouellet), but I guess selecting a 5th round pick over 1sts and 2nds is just too embarrassing.

There goes that Cinderella story.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Lancer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Southern_Canuck wrote:Wow... Hockey Canada politics...

Corrado is cut and won't be on Team Canada. This is after clearly outplaying Dumba, Sproul, Murphy, and Wotherspoon... Bob McKenzie and Ray Ferrarro had commented that he was perhaps the best D in evaluation camp (outside of Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly, and Ouellet), but I guess selecting a 5th round pick over 1sts and 2nds is just too embarrassing.

There goes that Cinderella story.

S_C


This cut looks oh so political. How much you wanna bet there were agents and GMs burning Spott's ears off the last couple of days? Yeah, the tryout roster was stacked, but I guess performance counts for sweet F* all when one of the steadiest and most productive D-men in camp is the first one cut.

One thing I noticed is how much press the other prospects were getting, but Corrado got zilch, nema, nothing outside of a seemingly grudging admission that he scored the winning goals in games. No TSN spotlights, no storylines on how this kid was outplaying the competition at camp. It's enough to really make you wonder what the agendas were for the editors and producers covering the camp. Certainly wasn't for 5th-rounders, no matter how well they did at camp.

s'okay Frankie, my πsan, you just make'em eat their words when you hit an NHL rink while Murphy toils in the ECHL.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Fred » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Earlier in the day McKenzie ranked Corrado as the #5 D on the team and Ray Ferraro thought he's made the team convincingly, seems like he didn't get the political vote
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Southern_Canuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Thursday Dec 13

AHL

Hamilton 3 Chicago 4
Climie 34 saves on 37 shots

Archibald, (3) (Tanev, Hunt)
Archibald, (4) (Schroeder, Gordon) (PP)
Haydar, (2) (Sweatt, Tanev)
Andersson, (1) (Matheson, Haydar)

Andersson's first NA pro goal!

NCAA

Alabama-Huntsville 0 Wisconsin 5
Labate 1 assist, +1

OHL

Kitchener 4 Windsor 1
McEneny 1 assist, +1

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

PreviousNext

Return to Comet Trails

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest