Gaza Attacks

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Gaza Attacks

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I just refuse to play the game. I will not lower myself to argue with left/right/ pagans/pious atheist/religious.
Fence sitting agnostic. :roll:
...aaaaand the name calling and stereotyping continues....oh man is this pathetic....do any of you think for yourselves? (besides the wonderful rodenti :) )....or have an original thought?

What kind of mainstream crap books do you read? What kind of mass media do you lick the balls of? Waht kind of boring women do you fuck? 8-) What kind of man are you?

Democracy, Capitalism, Communism, Fascism, religions and atheism have all failed, time to reinvent the wheel...should there even be a wheel?

It's called evolution...

:mex:

vvvvvvv
Seriuosly confuses the crap out of me, this evolve but not by the survival of the fittest, god is crap or isnt he? religion is definitely garbage but green isnt a religion, but thats not quite right either.

Spirituality is great but spirituality is about things that cannot be measured by any craft we here possess...sound mystical to me

My head hurts said the werewolf of london
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Democracy, Capitalism, Communism, Fascism, religions and atheism have all failed, time to reinvent the wheel...should there even be a wheel?

It's called anarchism.
FIXED
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Thnx spiderman...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Mëds wrote:
...aaaaand the name calling and stereotyping continues....oh man is this pathetic....do any of you think for yourselves? (besides the wonderful rodenti :) )....or have an original thought?

What kind of mainstream crap books do you read? What kind of mass media do you lick the balls of? Waht kind of boring women do you fuck? 8-) What kind of man are you?

Democracy, Capitalism, Communism, Fascism, religions and atheism have all failed, time to reinvent the wheel...should there even be a wheel?

It's called evolution...

vvvvvvv
Seriuosly confuses the crap out of me, this evolve but not by the survival of the fittest, god is crap or isnt he? religion is definitely garbage but green isnt a religion, but thats not quite right either.

Spirituality is great but spirituality is about things that cannot be measured by any craft we here possess...sound mystical to me

My head hurts said the werewolf of london
Well, we're doing it...thanks to this here dialogue....

Why is it so confusing? Everything has a place. Everything a reason.

Wrote a paper about Green being the new religion. Certainly didn't conclude that. Instead I focused on how Green all religions actually are (i.e. Quran advising not to pollute a river upstream of a village).

Course some would say questioning everything is heresy...even anarchy :shock:

They said that about Galilei (Galileo to the small folk :/ ). They said that about Da Vinci and even Isaac Newton was accused of being a heretic but really just a Christian scientist. They are all evolutionary thinkers. Doesn't make them Godless or spiritually dead.
Hell, even Christ was persecuted as a revolutionary. And looked waht happened...we are going through another revolution of sorts.

If you can detach yourself from prejudicial thoughts long enough you can free yourself enough to see a much bigger picture. A picture in which we are a part of systems and all inter-connected. Am I advocating a religion here or a philosophy? Not at all. As the existing systems fit into other systems.

Do we have to measure everything? To judge? Spirituality is what you make of it. Although even here there is an evolutionary thought process.
Many are not looking at GDP as a successful First Developed World.

The Happiness Index is now being deployed to measure the 'success of nations like the Happy Planet Index http://www.happyplanetindex.org
It was actually started in Bhutan http://www.grossnationalhappiness.com but the UK has a take on this.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... faction-uk

If you work 60 hours per week and have the highest GDP and afford all kinds of material things are you the most happy? The most spiritual?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... de=1140841
Not what you might expect...just say'n 8-)

What the fuck is Belize doing in the top ten? All it is is a haven for fat white chefs :mrgreen:

Yeah, the old ways are certainly the easiest. The most profitable. Why evolve? Why change? (especially when you have a doomsday or afterlife mentality or an investment portfolio that is in the here and now and not 100 years from now.

We are definitely in a Renaissance period. A time of conflict and of thought.

A great time to be alive no?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I just refuse to play the game. I will not lower myself to argue with left/right/ pagans/pious atheist/religious.

It's called evolution...

vvvvvvv
Awwww....Spidey.....did you really take that seriously.....
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I wouldn't travel to most of the shitholes on the Happy Planet List. Much of the green aspect is fertilized with dead bodies.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Mëds wrote:

It's called evolution...

vvvvvvv
Awwww....Spidey.....did you really take that seriously.....
:lol: I don't know, you tell me...did you? 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Alright I think we've heard enough, let's have at him with the pitchforks eh wot! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Alright I think we've heard enough, let's have at him with the pitchforks eh wot! :mrgreen:
:D Eeeeeeeeeexcelent...exactly the reaction I was looking for...is Heir Doktors ovens and lynching far behind? :oops:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

:D Eeeeeeeeeexcelent...exactly the reaction I was looking for...is Heir Doktors ovens and lynching far behind? :oops:
I wanna go back to this spiritual thing, I'm intrigued, your a science guy, everything is a guess, with predictable consequences verified by nature amirite?
That's what you believe, no white bearded guy with a collection of 40 virgins or a fat bellied dude whose seems happy he can't see his feet. Or a half starved brahma bull wandering Calcutta ...right

But you have something for spiritual feeling?

like there is something out there that defies logical consequence and is not provable in nature ?

Just asking
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Alright I think we've haven't heard enough, let's have at him with the microphones eh wot! :mrgreen:
I wanna go back to this spiritual thing, I'm intrigued, your a science guy, everything is a guess, with predictable consequences verified by nature amirite?
That's what you believe, no white bearded guy with a collection of 40 virgins or a fat bellied dude whose seems happy he can't see his feet. Or a half starved brahma bull wandering Calcutta ...right

But you have something for spiritual feeling?

like there is something out there that defies logical consequence and is not provable in nature ?

Just asking
Well, I am one of those guys that never lied to their kids...I always told them Santa lives in your heart not in some Coca Cola trumped up North Pole. Call me a bad dad, it was instinctual....never read a psychologists book about doing that, it just seemed right....

Am I a science guy? True, I practice the science of architecture but I also have a strong belief in a type of Fung Shui...meaning that everything is site specific. Most force build and force live their lives. There is an energy flow that must be followed and most of it is just logical but their is also a little mystical. If you are a spiritual person you can let go of the logical for just long enough to touch on that mystical.

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
― Albert Einstein

I don't believe in horoscopes. Some do. But is it logical to believe that the energy and gravity of the planets and stars in our solar system don't have an effect on us, made 90% of water, as does the earth from the moon?

We are clearly have not even begun our journey to understand how the universe works (http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov). Any one that does is either completely nuts or an idiot. 8-)

btw have you read or seen Life of Pi? Will probably see it over Christmas...the book was....spiritual....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

TWO WORDS: superstitio absurdissima

Hmmm there's an "energy flow' directing me to BURN THE WITCH!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
Well, I am one of those guys that never lied to their kids...I always told them Santa lives in your heart not in some Coca Cola trumped up North Pole. Call me a bad dad, it was instinctual....never read a psychologists book about doing that, it just seemed right....
Omg of course there is a Santa Claus have you not seen Christmas on 42nd Street!?
Seriously!

Am I a science guy? True, I practice the science of architecture but I also have a strong belief in a type of Fung Shui...meaning that everything is site specific. Most force build and force live their lives. There is an energy flow that must be followed and most of it is just logical but their is also a little mystical. If you are a spiritual person you can let go of the logical for just long enough to touch on that mystical.

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
― Albert Einstein

I don't believe in horoscopes. Some do. But is it logical to believe that the energy and gravity of the planets and stars in our solar system don't have an effect on us, made 90% of water, as does the earth from the moon?

We are clearly have not even begun our journey to understand how the universe works (http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov). Any one that does is either completely nuts or an idiot. 8-)
It's funny I feel the same way when someone says there is no God.
When confronted with enormity of the universe and nature Heisenberg principle for example) how anyone can even begin to be confident that anything is just as it seems...well that seems kinda crazy, stupid even.

btw have you read or seen Life of Pi? Will probably see it over Christmas...the book was....spiritual....
Yeah totally loved it, great cinematography and awesome ending, never read the book though...
Don't know how I missed it...

Funny how Santa Claus is just a better story.
same with Feng shui ....actually that is what Feng Shui is architecturally isn't it? A better story

Same with -Adam and Eve , Jonah and the whale, Noah and the flood, Moses and the plagues of Egypt...
Mohammed, Ganesh, Vishnu, Shiva, Brahma...a better story

Not Jesus though, he is real.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I drank religiously last night, my energy is going with the flow today.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:I drank religiously last night, my energy is going with the flow today.
With mindless abandon, or your usual piousness??