Canucks get Zack Kassian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks get Zack Kassian

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: For now, lets let the kid grow and develop a bit before we dub him the next Sandlak/Pyatt/Bernier.
No doubt eh, only in Vancouver....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Kass, plays a good physical game, but too inconsistent and seems to be missing hockey IQ.
I don't think that's his game at all. He's more of a skilled big man who hasn't grown into his body yet. I watch him pretty regularly(except tonight...damn it) and see a real sweet touch on the puck. If anything, I think he needs to add a more consistent physical element to his game and drive through a few defenders rather than dangle around them. When he can figure that all out...look out.
For now, lets let the kid grow and develop a bit before we dub him the next Sandlak/Pyatt/Bernier. Detroits good prospects are all 23-24 years old and they're just now starting to take it to the next level. Lets talk after next season...
Meh....haters gonna hate. These guys probably have seen him play two periods of hockey at best . Consider the source UDL.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Kass, plays a good physical game, but too inconsistent and seems to be missing hockey IQ.
I don't think that's his game at all. He's more of a skilled big man who hasn't grown into his body yet. I watch him pretty regularly(except tonight...damn it) and see a real sweet touch on the puck. If anything, I think he needs to add a more consistent physical element to his game and drive through a few defenders rather than dangle around them. When he can figure that all out...look out.
For now, lets let the kid grow and develop a bit before we dub him the next Sandlak/Pyatt/Bernier. Detroits good prospects are all 23-24 years old and they're just now starting to take it to the next level. Lets talk after next season...
Meh....haters gonna hate. These guys probably have seen him play two periods of hockey at best . Consider the source UDL.
I don't hate, Barry Mac....I love. The Canucks are my team, it's just that there is a moron at the helm of the team who is a terrible judge of talent when it comes to drafting and trading. He has put this team in the bottom 3 of the NHL in prospect rankings and outside of Hamhius (a no-brainer, easy peasy acquisition), he has done a terrible job at adding to the fantastic core he has inherited. When Gillis was hired he waxed on about how he is a fan of players with a high IQ but since his hiring he has brought in players of low IQ, ie Bernier, Ballard, Booth, Lappiere, Higgins and Kassian. What's the deal? Gillis talks out of his rear, a total bullshitter.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
I don't hate, Barry Mac....I love. The Canucks are my team, it's just that there is a moron at the helm of the team who is a terrible judge of talent when it comes to drafting and trading. He has put this team in the bottom 3 of the NHL in prospect rankings and outside of Hamhius (a no-brainer, easy peasy acquisition), he has done a terrible job at adding to the fantastic core he has inherited. When Gillis was hired he waxed on about how he is a fan of players with a high IQ but since his hiring he has brought in players of low IQ, ie Bernier, Ballard, Booth, Lappiere, Higgins and Kassian. What's the deal? Gillis talks out of his rear, a total bullshitter.
He has also established an in house pay scale where superstars are retained and signed for decent cap hit numbers. Other than Luongo(a proven superstar at the time of signing), he hasn't thrown out insane contracts and overpayed like many GMs for whom you seem to feel have done a better job.

He has been honest to potential free agents(see Justin Shultz) to a fault which can only pay dividends down the road where being a man of your word may be the difference between signing here or elsewhere. If he had decided to con JS, he most likely would be Canuck property right now and we would all be waxing on about him being a genius. He took the high road and maybe we are weaker as a team prospect wise but he won't be accused of being a bullshitter as if he had lied to the Shultz camp.

He has consistently iced a top team that regularly has a shot at winning it all. This is the most telling sign of all IMHO. The teams who seem to be flush with the most prospects are almost exclusively the ones who have been sucking and dreaming of having what the Canucks have had for the past number of years, success.

He has definitely made some errors of course(Ballard) but honestly, what we have now is among the top management teams in the NHL. They spare no expense on development and treating these guys like gold. They are regarded as a class organization and are a top destination for free agents.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: He has consistently iced a top team that regularly has a shot at winning it all. This is the most telling sign of all IMHO. The teams who seem to be flush with the most prospects are almost exclusively the ones who have been sucking and dreaming of having what the Canucks have had for the past number of years, success.
THIS.

My good buddy RD is obsessed enough with "prospect rankings" to fit right in at HF.

But why dream of possible futures when your team is a Cup contender in the reality of the now?

I agree with RD's low IQ assessment of Bernier, Ballard, and Booth.

Disagree in regards to Lappy, Higgins and Kassian.

But even if the Dude is right, only 5 dummies on your NHL team??

Not too shabby..... :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: My good buddy RD is obsessed enough with "prospect rankings" to fit right in at HF.

Who would want to fit in at HF boards? It's a fucking mess. Guys with 8000 posts in 6 months and other guys like the pauser with 35 k in 6 years. Gesus Christ, get a life.

The HF rating system is also a fucking lark. Who exactly are these cats and what are their qualifications to rate young hockey players? Do they regularly attend junior games and minor pro games? Not fucking likely . Do they have a background in the game..... ie having played junior and having a few connections in the game. Again not fucking likely. I may as well ask Farhan and Sr sez what they think of a fucking prospect because they are every bit as qualified as the waterheads that write for that site.

What kills me is whenever you bring up the lack of credibility of these assholes to RD and his posse they skirt the subject like it's a piece of dogshit. They are happy to parrot what these hacks at hf say but they scatter like weasals to a hole when anyone questions the chops of the hf "scouts" . As i said these are the same assholes who said Vancouver's prospects were godawful in 2005-06. How did that turn out ???
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote: My good buddy RD is obsessed enough with "prospect rankings" to fit right in at HF.
But why dream of possible futures when your team is a Cup contender in the reality of the now?
But even if the Dude is right, only 5 dummies on your NHL team??
Not too shabby..... :mex:
Not sure I even agree with Ballard and Booth. Remember when Alberts came in with what, 20 games left in the season, and looked like a pylon. Give him a full training camp, and yes, he's still slow, but he's positionally competent as a #6/7 D-man. Ballard looks bad/stupid, as he is never allowed to play to his strengths (a coaching error, imo) and usually on his off-wing, and Booth has never been healthy as a Canuck, so always looked bad. BXA is the dumbest hockey IQ on the team right now, imo, and even then, it's only a shift here and there when he seems to forget how to play.

I think the Canucks are a pretty smart team. Nobody has the "Special" moniker :D :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

More bad news for the Dude

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/8 ... et-to-nhl/

Still no word why McNally has been taken off the Harvard roster

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2012-13/roster
cheers
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I looked up McNally's stats and it is not very impressive for an offensive D-man, like 3 pts in 7 games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=127803

We gotta remember that McNally was a 4th round draft pick, so his chances of making it were very low and next to none. I believe Gillis gave up all his top picks that year and McNally was his first player taken, so he pumped up McNally's tires a bit and exaggerated his abilites/potential. Gotta keep the gullible fans hopefully and make it look like everything's ok and he knows what he's doing. :P

Fred wrote:More bad news for the Dude

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/8 ... et-to-nhl/

Still no word why McNally has been taken off the Harvard roster

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2012-13/roster
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Some thing going on in McNally-ville. He had good numbers as a freshman and got good ice time. For the NCAA that's uncommon except for the top end recruits. He's been sat this season and his name removed from the Crimson's roster. There's been according to S-C an academic scandal at Harvard which has included some athletes and you have to wonder if he's caught up in that controversy ?? his play has dropped off but then it would if he's been put on probation ???
cheers
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Who would want to fit in at HF boards?
Exactly! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Cornuck wrote:looks like he's in trouble
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com ... -to-report

Going to be a tough Xmas for this young man and his family sorting this out. If it's simply suspension until the end of this season he opt to stick it out. If it ife long maybe he's heading for Chicago ?
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Not sure I even agree with Ballard and Booth. Remember when Alberts came in with what, 20 games left in the season, and looked like a pylon. Give him a full training camp, and yes, he's still slow, but he's positionally competent as a #6/7 D-man. Ballard looks bad/stupid, as he is never allowed to play to his strengths (a coaching error, imo) and usually on his off-wing, and Booth has never been healthy as a Canuck, so always looked bad. BXA is the dumbest hockey IQ on the team right now, imo, and even then, it's only a shift here and there when he seems to forget how to play.
C'mon now Mr T when it comes to brains, Booth + Ballard make Bieksa look like Gretzky!

Now, Booth has a decent amount of God-given talent

... and Ballard has some Devil-given talent

.... but these two guys are as dumb as fishshit!
Tciso wrote: I think the Canucks are a pretty smart team. Nobody has the "Special" moniker :D :D
The latest rumour is Lou for Bjugstad + Jovo.

I figure we'd break even brains-wise on that one. :look:

Agree Canucks are a smart team, could use a smarter coach but hey, RD is doing enough bitching for all of us. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, if u guys thought booth, ballard and bieksa were bad, wait till u see Special Ed back here. :lol:

Strangelove wrote: The latest rumour is Lou for Bjugstad + Jovo.

I figure we'd break even brains-wise on that one. :look: