Gaza Attacks

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Per » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:09 am

RoyalDude wrote:Can somebody bring me up to speed, who's winning? The Jews or Arabs?


While it could look like the Israelis are running up the score, it still seems like a tie to me.

This baby is going to triple overtime.



Civilian casualty figures for the Israeli–Palestinian conflict from B'tselem and Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs between 1987 and 2010[202][203][204][205] (numbers in parentheses represent casualties under age 18)

Deaths
Year Palestinians Israelis
2011 118 (13) 11 (5)
2010 81 (9) 8 (0)
2009 1034 (314) 9 (1)
2008 887 (128) 35 (4)
2007 385 (52) 13 (0)
2006 665 (140) 23 (1)
2005 190 (49) 51 (6)
2004 832 (181) 108 (8)
2003 588 (119) 185 (21)
2002 1032 (160) 419 (47)
2001 469 (80) 192 (36)
2000 282 (86) 41 (0)
1999 9 (0) 4 (0)
1998 28 (3) 12 (0)
1997 21 (5) 29 (3)
1996 74 (11) 75 (8)
1995 45 (5) 46 (0)
1994 152 (24) 74 (2)
1993 180 (41) 61 (0)
1992 138 (23) 34 (1)
1991 104 (27) 19 (0)
1990 145 (25) 22 (0)
1989 305 (83) 31 (1)
1988 310 (50) 12 (3)
1987 22 (5) 0 (0)
Total 7978 (1620) 1503 (142)

(Note: Figures includes 1,593 Palestinian fatalities attributed to intra-Palestinian violence)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Topper » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:55 am

Strange bedfellows.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4553
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Arachnid » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:25 am

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:It is not survival of the fittest, it is the opposite indeed.


Spidey, the poster boy for Devolution. :mex:


Careful Docsta or I'll nominate you for a Darwin Award for being too smart for his own good 8-)

Praise the Lord and pass the red wine! Hallelujah!
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:47 am

Per wrote:
UK and Doc, two peas in a pod... :shock:



Besides..... Abraham's temple...? :?


I think this is why I am a twisted leftist fuck
and you are just a lefty but i am not sure...

Anyway, I am not Jewish so I dont know what they officially call the temple and I couldnt be assed to look it up... but its the temple that all jews would give both nuts for... you know the wailing wall? where the REALLY inconvenient Dome of the Rock sits...basically the guarantee that there will NEVER be peace between these two peoples....
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Arachnid » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am

ukcanuck wrote:
Per wrote:
UK and Doc, two peas in a pod... :shock:



Besides..... Abraham's temple...? :?


I think this is why I am a twisted leftist fuck
and you are just a lefty but i am not sure...

Anyway, I am not Jewish so I dont know what they officially call the temple and I couldnt be assed to look it up... but its the temple that all jews would give both nuts for... you know the wailing wall? where the REALLY inconvenient Dome of the Rock sits...basically the guarantee that there will NEVER be peace between these two peoples....


Why?

War is Peace (and good business). A reason for the season ;)

Death to the Left!
Death to the Right!

8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Arachnid wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Per wrote:
UK and Doc, two peas in a pod... :shock:



Besides..... Abraham's temple...? :?


I think this is why I am a twisted leftist fuck
and you are just a lefty but i am not sure...

Anyway, I am not Jewish so I dont know what they officially call the temple and I couldnt be assed to look it up... but its the temple that all jews would give both nuts for... you know the wailing wall? where the REALLY inconvenient Dome of the Rock sits...basically the guarantee that there will NEVER be peace between these two peoples....


Why?

War is Peace (and good business). A reason for the season ;)

Death to the Left!
Death to the Right!

8-)


You probably wouldn't understand not having any spiritual beliefs, but both Muslims and Hebrews believe Heaven and earth converge on that spot and that God himself dwelled there, both claim it as their holiest of holy. The Jews have been unable to fully practuce their religion without their temple that stood where the Dome of the Rock sits and if you think Muslims get fucked off about a cartoon of Mohammed in a obscure newspaper, try suggesting they tear down one of there three most holy sites...

It's the proverbial irresistible force meet immovable object...

And before you go off about paganism and the crazy ass religions, 90 % of us have some sort of belief so its not a case of being stupid, its a part of being Human.

BTW the logical opposite to "survival of the fittest" can be found in the New Testament :)
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Arachnid » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:06 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
I think this is why I am a twisted leftist fuck
and you are just a lefty but i am not sure...

Anyway, I am not Jewish so I dont know what they officially call the temple and I couldnt be assed to look it up... but its the temple that all jews would give both nuts for... you know the wailing wall? where the REALLY inconvenient Dome of the Rock sits...basically the guarantee that there will NEVER be peace between these two peoples....


Why?

War is Peace (and good business). A reason for the season ;)

Death to the Left!
Death to the Right!

8-)


You probably wouldn't understand not having any spiritual beliefs, but both Muslims and Hebrews believe Heaven and earth converge on that spot and that God himself dwelled there, both claim it as their holiest of holy. The Jews have been unable to fully practuce their religion without their temple that stood where the Dome of the Rock sits and if you think Muslims get fucked off about a cartoon of Mohammed in a obscure newspaper, try suggesting they tear down one of there three most holy sites...

It's the proverbial irresistible force meet immovable object...

And before you go off about paganism and the crazy ass religions, 90 % of us have some sort of belief so its not a case of being stupid, its a part of being Human.

BTW the logical opposite to "survival of the fittest" can be found in the New Testament :)


Sorry man, I don't bite. This is the most fundamental argument of all. You judge and stereotype things you do not understand.

Per & Doc argue over nothing. They compare their dick sizes and it's really not the point. No one has to be right here.

Too much fucking energy wasted over nothing. It is the land of the weak and feeble to blame the other side and prop themselves up.

You say I am not spiritual? 8-) Probably one of the most spiritual on this here board but that's not even relevant now is it? No beliefs? I have very strong beliefs my sLimey friend. Are they Judeo-Christian-Islamic? Some, certainly not all. Strong convictions and integrity. Am I perfect or do I say I come from a righteous place? Some have accused me of such behaviour but I would rather stand off to the side and watch Pair and Dawk kill each other off and put my energies into other endeavours.

I just refuse to play the game. I will not lower myself to argue with left/right/ pagans/pious atheist/religious. There is simply no point. I mean why argue with fools? :P

Carry On up yer arse 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Topper » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:54 pm

spideyburningthecandleatbothendsdrippinghotwaxonnekedhairypittedquebecquioslesbians
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4553
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Arachnid » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Topper wrote:spideyburningthecandleatbothendsdrippinghotwaxonnekedhairypittedquebecquioslesbians


:D This one time @ Animation Fest in Ottawa these two French Canadian girls (we called them animated bunnies) wanted to party...oh man, this Western red neck loves the Quebecois ladies very much...even better that we couldn't speak the same language...

Why do you guys insist I only sleep with hairy armpits women? (not that there's anything wrong with that :look: ) You guys gotta get out more...it's all shaved beavs, tatts & piercings now 8-)

Play'n both sides eh?! Heh, nice notion. I guess in my universe evolution and creation both play a big role. Same as right & left. I like some right polices and some some left. Can't help it if some moronic sheep leaders tell you must be one thing and not the other. Duality man, if that's too big of a notion for your puny brains and you still insist on picking sides then so be it, best of luck on that seeing on where it's get'n yah :drink:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby rats19 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey spides...in all of these references...they are ratfree right?
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Can somebody bring me up to speed, who's winning? The Jews or Arabs?


While it could look like the Israelis are running up the score, it still seems like a tie to me.

This baby is going to triple overtime.



Civilian casualty figures for the Israeli–Palestinian conflict from B'tselem and Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs between 1987 and 2010[202][203][204][205] (numbers in parentheses represent casualties under age 18)

Deaths
Year Palestinians Israelis
2011 118 (13) 11 (5)
2010 81 (9) 8 (0)
2009 1034 (314) 9 (1)
2008 887 (128) 35 (4)
2007 385 (52) 13 (0)
2006 665 (140) 23 (1)
2005 190 (49) 51 (6)
2004 832 (181) 108 (8)
2003 588 (119) 185 (21)
2002 1032 (160) 419 (47)
2001 469 (80) 192 (36)
2000 282 (86) 41 (0)
1999 9 (0) 4 (0)
1998 28 (3) 12 (0)
1997 21 (5) 29 (3)
1996 74 (11) 75 (8)
1995 45 (5) 46 (0)
1994 152 (24) 74 (2)
1993 180 (41) 61 (0)
1992 138 (23) 34 (1)
1991 104 (27) 19 (0)
1990 145 (25) 22 (0)
1989 305 (83) 31 (1)
1988 310 (50) 12 (3)
1987 22 (5) 0 (0)
Total 7978 (1620) 1503 (142)

(Note: Figures includes 1,593 Palestinian fatalities attributed to intra-Palestinian violence)


Holy shite, the Jews are shit-canning the Arabs. What are the Vegas odds of the Palsteins making a game of this? Making a comeback per say? Curious as to what the stats are on those numbers regarding civilian casualties and of those civilian casualties what are the stats on woman and children of those casualties?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Meds » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Arachnid wrote:I just refuse to play the game. I will not lower myself to argue with left/right/ pagans/pious atheist/religious.


Fence sitting agnostic. :roll:
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Strangelove » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I think this is why I am a twisted leftist fuck
and you are just a lefty but i am not sure...


Very good, you are a twisted leftist fuck and Per is "just a lefty".

And Spidey is a lefty in denial:

Fucker was no doubt cheering for both teams in the Summit Series. :sly:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6913
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Arachnid » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 am

Meds wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I just refuse to play the game. I will not lower myself to argue with left/right/ pagans/pious atheist/religious.


Fence sitting agnostic. :roll:


...aaaaand the name calling and stereotyping continues....oh man is this pathetic....do any of you think for yourselves? (besides the wonderful rodenti :) )....or have an original thought?

What kind of mainstream crap books do you read? What kind of mass media do you lick the balls of? Waht kind of boring women do you fuck? 8-) What kind of man are you?

Democracy, Capitalism, Communism, Fascism, religions and atheism have all failed, time to reinvent the wheel...should there even be a wheel?

It's called evolution...

:mex:

vvvvvvv
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Gaza Attacks

Postby Topper » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 am

Spideygetshispaganonapicketfence.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4553
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron