Canucks get Zack Kassian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Canucks get Zack Kassian

Post by Jovocop »

Madcombinepilot wrote:I think Booth will benifit from a off season with the canucks as well. 1/2 the team missed the offseason last year, and we were behind as a result.

Next fall, we go 5-5-3 out of the gate, and we will be fine..
With a year with a contender under his belt and hopefully a healthy Kesler to play with, Booth will be expected to put up 50-60 points next season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dhabums wrote:Remember when the kiddies cried after Linden was traded for Bertuzzi and McCabe?
funny thing..... I'm pretty sure lever, Doc and myself were the only ones who liked that trade at the time. There was smithrites full of urine and shitty diapers from all the youngsters we had to mop through but that trade turned up fucking aces. Unless the Zack can put up 80 points a year and beat the shit out the entire league , there's no fear of a repeat of that happening , however a real solid power forward (think a rich mans Ryane Clowe) for a small, stumpy, slow, but skilled centreman is a good trade in any mans books.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Actually, if Kass can become a Shane Doan type of player, I'd be very happy (a physical player who is a consistent 20 goal guy). One of the reasons I wanted Doan here, take the pressure off Kass and be a mentor for him.

Diehard1 wrote:Bert and Kassian aren't great comparables - Bert is a supremely skilled big man with great hands and motivation/attitude issues.

Kass is a supremely skilled big man who doesn't have Berts hands or skating abilities, but is very driven to get better.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Can't believe he got benched from a AHL game, I guess he still is showing his inconsistency that he is known for.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

SKYO wrote:Can't believe he got benched from a AHL game, I guess he still is showing his inconsistency that he is known for.
I think this could have more to do with the coach wanting to get all the players from a large roster into a few games
cheers
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Fred wrote:
SKYO wrote:Can't believe he got benched from a AHL game, I guess he still is showing his inconsistency that he is known for.
I think this could have more to do with the coach wanting to get all the players from a large roster into a few games
Inconsistency and taking dumb penalties, especially late in the game, seem to be the issue.

http://www.canada.com/sports/Arniel+mak ... story.html
2011..... the one that got away.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Fred wrote:
Inconsistency and taking dumb penalties, especially late in the game, seem to be the issue.

http://www.canada.com/sports/Arniel+mak ... story.html
Both of them are still young. Hopefully, they can learn their lessons. So far, Kassian has shown that he is at least smarter than Ben Eager...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I worry that ole Zack might not be there in the head and the heart. Can you imagine if this guy had Stan Smyl's passion for balls to the wall work ethic every shift? The games that I have seen of Kassian, he is a frustrating player, gives flashes here and there but for the most part he is pretty much not all that noticeable.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:I worry that ole Zack might not be there in the head and the heart. Can you imagine if this guy had Stan Smyl's passion for balls to the wall work ethic every shift? The games that I have seen of Kassian, he is a frustrating player, gives flashes here and there but for the most part he is pretty much not all that noticeable.
Not trying to compare Kassian to Bertuzzi, however, the similarities are there. Bertuzzi did not blossom into a star player until he was 26 and playing next to Naslund. Kassian is still a kid who needs time to mature. Give him some time, perhaps Schroeder and Kassian could be a Bertuzzi and Naslund lite. ;)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I would take a Ryane Clowe type, an Andrew Ladd type, a Milan Lucic type ( but not quite as physically intimidating), a David Clarkson type etc.... If Kassian can kick in 40 - 55 points play on the 2nd line or at worst the 3rd and not be a liability he will be good player.

I swear Pacific Blue will be disappointed if he doesn't turn into Eric Lindros, Cam Neely and Mark Messier all rolled into one.

RD probably thinks anything less than ten straight years of 90 - 110 points, 200 pims, + 30 , 200 hits, 20 fights and winning at least 16 of them is a crappy career.

Zack Kassian 1254 GP 583 G 790 A 1373 P 2534 PIM
2 or 3 cups , a couple hundred playoff games and he walks old ladies and mongoloids to their cars after the games.

Come on kid fucking get on it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Zack Kassian 1254 GP 583 G 790 A 1373 P 2534 PIM
2 or 3 cups , a couple hundred playoff games and he walks old ladies and mongoloids to their cars after the games.

Come on kid fucking get on it.
Of course RD hates him. He walked the Mongoloid to his car first, and left the old lady stranded for 5 minutes. The insensitive, heartless Bastard!!!

:D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK, if Zack Kassian doesn't start getting his shit together soon, Gillis needs to be fired. Apparently Zack is shitting the bed again tonight.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Yeah I suppose Buffalo are having a laugh. That`s the reason they traded him, his inability to produce on a consistent basis. The problem with him playing in the AHL is he`s surrounded by players in a similar position, that`s why they are in part in the AHL and not the NHL. Definitely seems to be a problem between the ears. In some cases it`s big players that dominated to young in their lives, Play when they want to. I don`t know how you cure that...on the ice or on the couch of a psychiatrist office

One question that never comes up is how come the agents are never accountable. The players always blaming the owners for signing dumb contracts, but the fact is agents are for ever playing one team off against another and asking for unreasonable contracts from all parties - teams Frankly the players just wash their hands of any responsibility. Who me ...naw .. i just let my agent take care of those details. Yeah Dick head he`s doing all your dirty work behind the scenes so you don`t need to accept any responsibility
cheers
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, we seem to be like a toilet bowl to take on Buffalo's shit. If Buffalo wants to get rid of some shitty players, as long as they have a bit of size, we seem all too happy to take them on. All Buffalo has to do is take a dump and flush them towards Vancouver's way. First Pyatt, then Bernier and now Kassian. Just like Quinn's drafting style, our management always has a hard on for size and they fail to look at anything else. Trade Kassian now while we can still get something and ppl still think he has some potential or else we'll end up with another bag of pucks in a couple years. :lol:

Funny. Pyatt, nice touch for a big man, but a gentle giant. Bernier, good work ethic and good team guy, but too slow. Kass, plays a good physical game, but too inconsistent and seems to be missing hockey IQ. if we can ever genetically take out the good traits of Pyatt, Bernier and Kass and put it in one guy, we'd have the ultimate powerfoward. *LOL*
Fred wrote:Yeah I suppose Buffalo are having a laugh. That`s the reason they traded him, his inability to produce on a consistent basis.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Kass, plays a good physical game, but too inconsistent and seems to be missing hockey IQ.
I don't think that's his game at all. He's more of a skilled big man who hasn't grown into his body yet. I watch him pretty regularly(except tonight...damn it) and see a real sweet touch on the puck. If anything, I think he needs to add a more consistent physical element to his game and drive through a few defenders rather than dangle around them. When he can figure that all out...look out.
For now, lets let the kid grow and develop a bit before we dub him the next Sandlak/Pyatt/Bernier. Detroits good prospects are all 23-24 years old and they're just now starting to take it to the next level. Lets talk after next season...
If you need air...call it in