There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: There will be a strike

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote: I gotta wonder, no mater what ends up happening, if this whole disaster is the beginning of the end for Bettman. The rumors are he set expectations for a "home run" on the owners side, and I doubt that's going to happen. Regardless, don't you at some point need to replace your wartime general with a peacetime general?
Bettman has 4 or 5 more years on his contract at $8mil per, he'll be around for awhile. :drink:

Besides, peace is for sissies...
I hear you, and I don't disagree, but if the move that solves the lockout is Bettman leaving the room, what does that really say about his ability to negotiate? And it was Bettman's idea! He just found a way to not do his job, and take all the credit for solving the lockout. Guy is an evil genius. There are probably a few union workers that should be taking notes. :lol:
No matter what, I'll always love him for destroying Ron MacLean on national television. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: The players will NOT get everything they want much to ukcanuck's dismay... and Lots of ways to skin the cat here but reading some of the posts in this thread make a guy want to puke

I am probably going to stay out of this thread . I swear some people to seem to actually enjoy the labour dispute more than they like the sport .
Aww for gawds sake Blob what the hell else has there been to talk about around here but the labour dispute?

We are sports fans with a "them versus us" mentality as much part of us as breathing, of course I'm gonna turn the lockout into a sport and game!

When the solution finally comes it will probably be more acceptable to the owners than the players and that's probably always the way it has to be, but I tell you what, the owners are getting a bloody nose out of this and I'll bet the next CBA negotiation will be much more civilized...

Anyway think how bored you would be without being able to think how you are so much smarter than me?

Your welcome and that goes for Pot Mëds and Coco too :)

( and in case there are any guns out there, I meant that in the nicest way possible )
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The players mistake is that they still feel hard done by from the last deal and refuse to see how much they prospered from it. Every offer they have made removes linkage and that is not going to happen.

Henrik's comments the other day are telling us that the players still feel they are owed something by ownership for agreeing to linkage.

That deal was done, everyone prospered, move on and prosper.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote: No matter what, I'll always love him for destroying Ron MacLean on national television. :thumbs:
Is this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww3md8DvoTY, what you are talking about?

Yes, I hate MacLean even more than Bettman... Gotta luv that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote:
Strangelove wrote: No matter what, I'll always love him for destroying Ron MacLean on national television. :thumbs:
Is this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww3md8DvoTY, what you are talking about?

Yes, I hate MacLean even more than Bettman... Gotta luv that.
Well he's done it a few times over the years, but yeah, good example.

Ron starts off singing happy birthday to him "conjuring up an image of Marilyn Monroe singing to JFK". :D

Then after Gary finishes handing Ron his ass, the interview ends with:

MacLean: “I know it’s confrontational, but...”

Bettman: “This? This wasn’t confrontational at all!”

:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: ( and in case there are any guns out there, I meant that in the nicest way possible )
Would you rather be pitchforked to death?

Get back to me on this asap....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: That deal was done, everyone prospered, move on and prosper.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Employees rarely win in a labour dispute. At least the way we would describe a win. Last time around it was players like Linden who stepped up and took over the negotiations after painfully recognizing that a cap and linkage was the reality. He got blasted for it in some circles as a traitor, Chelios anyone.
But who could honestly argue now that the players got hurt in that deal?

The same thing will happen here. The average player will be OK but it may mean the big stars take a little less of the pie. But as always, moving forward, the stars will earn more than their fair share and the 3rd/4th liners will split the difference. But all of them will be well paid for what they do and have better benefits and pensions than the average person.

Can anyone really not see that this was Betman's master plan all along, a labour stoppage until the end of Dec?

But on a different note, I hear Kesler is doing great! And if we are lucky the Luongo trade will resurface by Friday morning, Saturday at the latest. But alas, I will be in Vietnam so I don't give a fuck.

Don't fret though I will be back in time to catch the end of the World Junior Championships!

Have a great Christmas everyone.....
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Can anyone really not see that this was Betman's master plan all along, a labour stoppage until the end of Dec?
There were many speculating as much last summer.

Ever-optimistic Strangelove wasn't one of them. :wow:

Have a great trip, Merry Christmas, enjoy the noodles!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: lol that sound you hear is this twisted fuck waiting for you to draw a map cause I seem to be a bit lost ... .How is is it relevant? I must have made a wrong left turn somewhere ? :look:
This is a thread about the NHL lockout.

The NHL lockout is all about the question of how much money NHLers should make.

You're welcome. :D

You seem to have made a left-turn into the realm of class-struggles my friend.

Remember: NHLers are “One-percenters”!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Spidey has tried to “occupy” some of their mansions....
:lol: you can't stereotype me as one of your old school 'commies' or 'greenie' so now i'm an occupier?
viewtopic.php?p=115522#p115522
Arachnid wrote: Off to meet hot [hairy-pit] chicks at the Occupy Toronto
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: But alas, I will be in Vietnam

Pho, Pho, Pho. Merry Christmas
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Hockey Widow wrote:
But alas, I will be in Vietnam so I don't give a fuck.

Don't fret though I will be back in time to catch the end of the World Junior Championships!

Some good shopping in Vietnam, have a good one
cheers
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote: This is a thread about the NHL lockout.

The NHL lockout is all about the question of how much money NHLers should make.

You're welcome. :D

You seem to have made a left-turn into the realm of class-struggles my friend.

Remember: NHLers are “One-percenters”!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Spidey has tried to “occupy” some of their mansions....
:lol: you can't stereotype me as one of your old school 'commies' or 'greenie' so now i'm an occupier?
viewtopic.php?p=115522#p115522
Arachnid wrote: Off to meet hot [hairy-pit] chicks at the Occupy Toronto
Do I have to be Asian to bag me some of dat? Do I have to be Jewish to tap the Torah? 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: But alas, I will be in Vietnam

Pho, Pho, Pho. Merry Christmas
I love Pho.

Merry Christmas HW, or for the people going to hell :devil: Happy Holidays.

(Now I did it)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It appears to me that we are about to know whether there will be a season in the next few days. They seem to be doing everything possible now to salvage what's left of a season and I'm of the mind that a deal gets done. It's almost to the point where the PA will put up the latest offer for a vote ad if they do I can't see the players rejecting.

A partial season is better than "2/3's of 5/8'ths of fuck all" as they say in NZ.
If you need air...call it in