Gaza Attacks

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Gaza Attacks

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:It's like the flowering anus of the lower mainland :eh:
That explains the smell in Chilliwack.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Der Spiegel would HATE Abbotsford!! :thumbs:

Yes Tarrana though, such a afro, canadian place you're in luck buddy....
If I had a choice, live in the clitoris of Kanada or the rectum... 8-)

...'sides, things just got a whole lot brighter, we just got rid of our mayor and bike lanes! :wave: :rockin: :cheers:

Top that Abortionsfjord!

:?
You got rid of your bike lanes?
What on earth for? :|
Because it took 2 minutes longer for the rich to commute to their mansions in Rosedale and the Mayor (who just got ejected from office for conflict of interest) had promised 'the war on the car is over'.

In all truth though the lanes were a bad idea in the first place. They never really went anywhere and their was no planning. It was a main road that had an extra lane (that changed north south directions in different rush hours -i kid you not).

This city lacks sustainability leadership & urban planning although we just got a walking/cycling guru from Saskabush that use to party nakid with ODee 8-)

It is impossible to go from East to West and North To South and back again on bike lane. There is a plan a foot but nothing yet.

This is the same 'world class city' that has no fixed link to the international airport (an 'express' bus in rush hour :eh: )

They use to have a 5¢/plastic bag environmental tax to encourage the use of cloth bags.
The red neck mayor got rid of it and then to smite him the left leaning council banned plastic bags completely.
Overnight it was as if we became a progressive city.
Today they voted overwhelmingly to rescind the plastic bag ban due to the plastic bag industry threatening to sue the City's ass off. One step forward, two step backwards.Sigh...

It does have some redeeming sustainable qualities here. Green Roofs for Living Cities was started here and it was the first city in North America requiring all new buildings to have green roofs (I'm pushing them for gardens & farms :) ).

And there is, of course, my projects.... :D

Can't talk about them yet, don't wanna jinx them butt let's just say it will put this city on the map for sustainability in, not just NA, but the world (along with Melbourne, Australia ;) ).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Per wrote: If you don’t know how to use archaic forms – stay the hell away from them! :mad:
FUCKEST THOU!! Image
Your statement above sounds very much like a question (do you fuck), but the lack of question mark and the presence of not just one, but actually two exclamation marks, to me indicates that you were aiming for an imperative, ie a suggestion (or order) to do something. Well, then…
In the subjunctive and imperative moods, the ending in -(e)st is dropped, although it is generally retained in thou wert, the second-person singular past subjunctive of the verb "to be". The subjunctive forms are used when a statement is doubtful or contrary to fact; as such, they frequently occur after "if" and the poetic "and".
Thus in this case thou wert better off dropping the –est ending. :|

On to the pronoun. Would you seriously say “fuck he” or “fuck she? :eh:

No, I thought not. It ought to be him and her. You have to differentiate between the subject and the object, or in the case of grammar, between using the nominative or oblique form of the pronoun. I guess what confuses you here is that in modern English the second person noun doesn’t change. You see me. I see you. As you may notice, the first person singular noun does change, and in early modern English, the informal second person singular noun did as well. Thus it would be “Thou seest me” but “I see thee”.

Now, going back to your somewhat cheeky suggestion, I can only assume that you are going with standard usage here, but assuming that, it would mean that it is implied that you would want me to fuck myself, right?

Now, in these kind of imperative statements that you shout at someone, there’s no need to address it properly. Go home! Get out! Shut up! Stop doing that! The person you direct it at will normally understand that they are the intended receiver of the message, and in the rare occasion they’re not sure they need just raise their eye brows and say “Who? Me?” in an innocent voice in order to get that confirmed. Thus the pronoun in the sentence is clearly not meant to imply the subject (using the nominative form) but the object (using the oblique form).

Therefore, what you probably meant to say must have been “FUCK THEE!! Image

Or, in conclusion:

If you don’t know how to use archaic forms – stay the hell away from them! :evil:

(and as a footnote, I am afraid I lack the dexterity and agility needed to be able to fulfill your wishes even if I were so inclined)
Last edited by Per on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Per wrote: If we could just get rid of the Saudis, things would look so much better.
I hope you're not saying what it sounds like you're saying...

Some version of "final solution"? :crazy:
LOL! Nicely played, sir. :thumbs:

No, of course not. Not getting rid of all Saudi Arabs, just ousting the royal family and getting the country started on the road to democracy. Preferably this would all be done by the Saudi Arabs themselves.

And isn’t it kind of creepy that by referring to them as “Saudi Arabs” we sort of imply that they’re the personal property of the al Saud family? :eh:

How many countries can you name that are named after their ruler? :|
The Obama United States?
The Harper Dominion of Canada?
The Windsor United Kingdom?
The Bernadotte Kingdom of Sweden?
Makes me cringe. :crazy:

And by ousting I do not mean lining them up against a wall (like in Rumania), hanging them (like Iraq) or beating/stabbing them to death (Libya). Just sending them packing, and probably best for their own safety, getting them out of the region.

I’m sure George Bush wouldn’t mind taking them in.

I mean, seriously, Condie is available, but Dubya goes for the chubby guy with the goatee…? :eh:

At least it seems he’s much less of a homophobe than the liberal media suggested. :|
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: The only folks attempting to "disinherit people" in the region are palestinians/arabs, starting with their rejection of the Partition Plan in 1947 in favour of war, and continuing to this day with the targeting of civilians (WAR CRIMES).  
Right, you’re of course referring to the bombing of the King David hotel, the murders of Lord Moyne and UN envoy Count Folke Bernadotte as well as the massacres at Saliha, Deir Yassin,  Lydda, Abu Shusha, Al-Dawayima… No, wait! That was the Israelis… Oops… Sorry, really can’t tell them apart. Pot, kettle, peas in a pod, you know. :oops:
Strangelove wrote: Israel has been on the defensive from Day One and the enemy is still very determined to "wipe her from the face of the Earth" (how's THAT for "disinheriting"?). Israel has become vastly superior militarily to her arab foes over the decades but that has not changed the fact she has always been willing to co-exist in the Holy Lands. Said foes have not.
If it were her foes who had the military advantage, Israel would be gone, baby, gone.
Right. So at the start of the hostilities in 1947, the Palestinian Jews (ie the future Israelis) had the support of the USA and the Soviet Union, the two mightiest of all the uhm… two… superpowers in the world at that specific time, who helped supply them with weapons and financial muscle. Meanwhile the Palestinians had the oral support of the Arab world, in a time before oil had turned them rich… I’m saying oral support, because it really was half hearted. The Egyptians were really thinking about whether the areas closest to them were up for grabs, and King Abdallah of Jordan was secretly negotiating with the Israelis about incorporating the West Bank under his rule, in exchange for a peace agreement with Israel. Thus underneath the Pan-Arabic retoric they were trying to out-maneuvre eachother and did not really give two figs about the Palestinians.

As for the driving Israel into the sea thingy, why then, when the Arabs seized the Old City of Jerusalem, didn't they do anything else to the Jews there then round them up and transport them to the Israeli side? :eh:

Strangelove wrote: Palestinians?? "Disinherited"??!!  :scowl:

They made their choice(s).
Right. Because all Palestinians alive today were of course already adults in 1947 and all participated in a huge referendum in which they decided the course of action for the next 70 years. :roll:

I guess this means you also take full personal responsibility for all decisions ever made by Pierre Trudeau? :look:

You need to be able to differentiate between a people and their political leaders.

I fully support Israel's right to exist and understand why the Jews feel a need for a homeland. I've vacationed in Israel and I buy Israeli products. But I also, just like the UN, EU, USA and a majority of Israeli MPs, support the right of statehood for the Palestinians. It's the only road to lasting peace in the Middle East. And I reserve the right to despise Likud and Benyamin Netanyahu. Let me end with a quote of Tzipi Livni, leader of Kadima, the party that holds the highest number of seats in the Knesset:
In 2006, Ms Livni told the New York Times: "I believe, like my parents, in the right of the Jewish people to the entire land of Israel. But I was also raised to preserve Israel as a homeland for the Jewish people and [to preserve] democratic values.
"So choosing between my dreams, and my need to live in democracy, I prefer to give up some of the land."
She expands on it to explain that if they are to claim all of the biblical Israel, they have two options; they could let the Palestinians stay, but then Israel is no longer a Jewish nation, or they could rid the area of Palestinians, and then they're no longer a democracy. Thus the two state solution is the only way to keep Israel a Jewish democracy.

I'd give her my vote.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

And as we are speaking, the UN General Assembly is about to grant the Palestinians a permanent non-member observer state status, an upgrade to the same kind of position as the Vatican holds, and which will allow them to participate in debates, but not vote. :)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Thanks Per for driving this bus (bomber) off of the bike lanes and cottages and oil in Canada back where it belongs.

I'd hate to vent about my trip into Vancouver this morning and how many cyclists i wanted to beat. :lol:

Fuck that........ I just want to hammer Gregor and i only go into town 2 or 3 times a month at best.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
The only folks attempting to "disinherit people" in the region are palestinians/arabs, starting with their rejection of the Partition Plan in 1947 in favour of war, and continuing to this day with the targeting of civilians (WAR CRIMES).
Right, you’re of course referring to the bombing of the King David hotel, the murders of Lord Moyne and UN envoy Count Folke Bernadotte as well as the massacres at Saliha, Deir Yassin,  Lydda, Abu Shusha, Al-Dawayima… No, wait! That was the Israelis… Oops… Sorry, really can’t tell them apart. Pot, kettle, peas in a pod, you know. :oops:
I quoted the above because in my opinion twas the best part of your postings today

(although I admit some of your other stuff had me chuckling both WITH and AT you). :thumbs:

You seem to be in fine form today my good man (or is it the martinis?)!

Photoshop pictures notwithstanding. :hmmm:

Yes, yes, both sides have skeletons in their closets ole bean, but I would not be the first to note that it has always seemed - to this very day - as though the "palestinians" would much prefer Israel does not exist than 'Palestine' does. Don't think I worded that as well as I should've, but I'm sure you get the point and it's the best those damned martinis will let me do, so bear with me. Also I'm quite looking forward to shaking up another batch forthwith so let's cut the chase....

C'mon Per, man to man, historic debating positions aside, you see it don't ya buds? You see how Israel gets along with arabs within her borders (20% of the pop). You see the voted-into-power ruling government of "the palestinians" is a psychotic terrorist organization. You see the vast majority of palestinians celebrating in the streets when jewish children are murdered. You see Gazan parents programming their children to hate jews TO DEATH. You see how the West Bank barrier has proven it's necessity/worth by cutting down the number of innocent jewish victims. You see that palestinians hate jews much MUCH more than they love fellow palestinians. You see that if their ever was a "bad guy" in a conflict it is the "palestinians" in this one. You DO, right??

If not, then thou canst goeth forth and ploweth thyself with a splintering shepherd staff mmmKAY?! Image

hic :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
The only folks attempting to "disinherit people" in the region are palestinians/arabs, starting with their rejection of the Partition Plan in 1947 in favour of war, and continuing to this day with the targeting of civilians (WAR CRIMES).
I quoted the above because in my opinion twas the best part of your postings today

(although I admit some of your other stuff had me chuckling both WITH and AT you). :thumbs:

You seem to be in fine form today my good man (or is it the martinis?)!

Photoshop pictures notwithstanding. :hmmm:

Yes, yes, both sides have skeletons in their closets ole bean, but I would not be the first to note that it has always seemed - to this very day - as though the "palestinians" would much prefer Israel does not exist than 'Palestine' does. Don't think I worded that as well as I should've, but I'm sure you get the point and it's the best those damned martinis will let me do, so bear with me. Also I'm quite looking forward to shaking up another batch forthwith so let's cut the chase....

C'mon Per, man to man, historic debating positions aside, you see it don't ya buds? You see how Israel gets along with arabs within her borders (20% of the pop). You see the voted-into-power ruling government of "the palestinians" is a psychotic terrorist organization. You see the vast majority of palestinians celebrating in the streets when jewish children are murdered. You see Gazan parents programming their children to hate jews TO DEATH. You see how the West Bank barrier has proven it's necessity/worth by cutting down the number of innocent jewish victims. You see that palestinians hate jews much MUCH more than they love fellow palestinians. You see that if their ever was a "bad guy" in a conflict it is the "palestinians" in this one. You DO, right??

If not, then thou canst goeth forth and ploweth thyself with a splintering shepherd staff mmmKAY?! Image

hic :)
Doc always polishes off a bottle California red on a school night and then has homosexual sex with Per....

It's enough to drive a guy mad I tells yah, mad! 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:
Doc always polishes off a bottle California red on a school night and then has homosexual sex with Per....
Only in his dreams, fortunately... :mex:

Arachnid wrote:
I bet it is, and I assume you are speaking out of experience. :wink:

Good thing I'm protected by the Atlantic Ocean. :thumbs:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote:Good thing I'm protected by the Atlantic Ocean. :thumbs:
Your codpiece.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
I bet it is, and I assume you are speaking out of experience. :wink:
I am, I had to kill the last little fornicate'n little cockroaches off...to save the human race from itself sometimes you have to sacrifice a few to save the many...pinkos(lefties -that's you) and fascists(righties -that's doc) must go!...call it genuinecide if you like 8-)
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: You seem to be in fine form today my good man (or is it the martinis?)!

Well, thank you! :)
As I said, the budget is in, and so I can kick back and relax.
Or rather, I could if it wasn't a blizzard outside. We've had 30 cm of snow fall today. :mad:
I shovelled the drive eay before I went to work, and then again when I came home.

Strangelove wrote: Photoshop pictures notwithstanding.  :hmmm:
Actually, those are supposedly not. It's just proof that Dubya can be more culturally sensitive than you'd expect.
Both Russians and Arabs kiss other men as a sign of very close friendship (there's a classic pic of Breschnev and Honecker kissing...) and Arab men frequently hold hands. It surprises me that Dubya was so cool about it though, and that he did it in front of the cameras! :lol:

Strangelove wrote: You see how Israel gets along with arabs within her borders (20% of the pop).
A poll of 1,010 people living in Israel in November 2011 asked the question “How would you describe the current status of Arabs in Israel?”
Among Israeli Jews 33% chose “Full equality between Jews and Arabs”, 52% chose “Legal equality but institutional and societal discrimination”, 7% chose “An apartheid relationship” and 8% offered no opinion. Among Israeli Arabs 3% chose “Full equality between Jews and Arabs”, 57% chose “Legal equality but institutional and societal discrimination”, 36% chose “An apartheid relationship” and 4% offered no opinion. http://www.brookings.edu/research/repor ... ll-telhami
A more recent poll conducted by Haaretz, shows that 39% of Israeli Jews think that Israeli Arabs should not be allowed to vote in Israeli elections…
Seems to me the situation of the Israeli Arabs leaves a lot to be desired.
That being said, I think it’s great that Israel does accept that you can be an Arab and an Israeli.
Strangelove wrote: You see the voted-into-power ruling government of "the palestinians" is a psychotic terrorist organization.
Menachem Begin and Yitzhak Shamir were both members of Lehi, a terrorist organization  aka “The Stern Gang” and then rose to become Prime Ministers of Israels. Begin was implicated in the Deir Yassin massacre, and it is well known that Shamir organized the assassinations of Lord Moyne and Count Folke Bernadotte. As I said, peas in a pod…

Besides, define government. The Palestinians are in a similar gridlock situation as the USA; the president, Mahmoud Abbas, is a pragmatic moderate, a member of Fatah and signatory of the 1993 peace accord with Israel. Hamas, which is recognized as a terrorist group by most western countries, has a narrow majority in parliament, but not enough to override a presidential veto. Gridlock. In practice Fatah runs the West Bank and Hamas runs Gaza. New elections should have been held in 2010 but have been postponed because Fatah and Hamas can not agree on the terms. There is hope that new elections can be held in 2013.

Strangelove wrote: You see the vast majority of palestinians celebrating in the streets when jewish children are murdered.
I call bullshit on this one. I’ve seen crazed extremists celebrating in the street, yes. I doubt they represent the majority.

Strangelove wrote: You see Gazan parents programming their children to hate jews TO DEATH.
Yeah, with Hamas running schools, that’s what it will look like. I hope they get soundly crushed in the next elections. But you must also remember that there is similar brain washing going on among the orthodox Jewish settlers. Peas in a pod.

Strangelove wrote: You see how the West Bank barrier has proven it's necessity/worth by cutting down the number of innocent jewish victims.
Agreed. I have nothing against the wall, as long as it is built along Israel’s internationally accepted borders, ie the 1967 ones. If I understand it correctly the Israeli Supreme Court sees it the same way. I’m with the Israeli judges all the way! 8-)

Strangelove wrote: You see that palestinians hate jews much MUCH more than they love fellow palestinians.
Especially now with the Fatah / Hamas rift…
At times I even think they HATE their fellow Palestinians more than they hate Jews… :roll:

Strangelove wrote: You see that if their ever was a "bad guy" in a conflict it is the "palestinians" in this one. You DO, right??
The problem I have is finding a good guy in this conflict. Mind you, I can easily understand the arguments made by either side. The problem though is that neither of them is willing to acknowledge the rights of the other.

Strangelove wrote: If not, then thou canst goeth forth and ploweth thyself with a splintering shepherd staff mmmKAY?! Image

hic  :)
Sigh! OK, let me try this again. You're a religious guy, so how about this:

Verily, I say to thee; thou shalt not use archaic verb forms unless thou knowest how 'tis done.
It's an abomination in the eyes of the Lord, thy maker, and he who breaketh this rule must surely die.
MmmKAY, ole bean?

Besides, I don't have a shepherd staff. Or any houshold staff whatsoever for that matter.
We used to have a collie, but she got old (almost 14) and we had to put her down. :|
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

From the Jerusalem Post:
'UK considers recalling Israel envoy over settlement plan'
Obama's former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel reportedly calls PM's actions "unfathomable"; France downplays report it is also considering withdrawing ambassador after Israel authorizes 3,000 settlement homes, E1 development.
Britain is considering recalling its ambassador to Israel to protest at Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's decision to expand settlement building, a diplomatic source said on Monday. The source, who declined to be named, said London would decide whether to recall its ambassador later in the day.
US President Barack Obama's former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel reportedly slammed the decision, saying Netanyahu's behavior was "unfathomable," Channel 2 reported Sunday night.
Emanuel spoke in a closed-door meeting during the Saban Forum in Washington, DC, where sources quoted him as saying Obama would no longer accept disrespect from Netanyahu.
"It is unfathomable that a prime minister would behave the way Netanyahu behaved," he said, adding that "Netanyahu backed the wrong candidate in the US elections and lost."
The French government on Monday played down reports that it was also considering recalling its ambassador. "There are other ways in which we can express our disapproval," a foreign ministry official told Reuters.
Both the British and French embassies declined to comment on the reports, but the British embassy issued a statement saying they had made clear they would not support strong Israeli retaliation to a UN vote last week that gave the Palestinians de facto recognition of statehood.
"The recent Israeli government decision to build 3,000 new housing units threatens the two-state solution and makes progress through negotiations harder to achieve," the British embassy in Tel Aviv said. "We have called on the Israeli government to reconsider."
Such a move by both London and Paris would represent a severe diplomatic reproach to Netanyahu. Vice Premier Moshe Ya'alon told Army Radio he was not aware of any recall.
"I did not hear of this, either via the foreign ministry or the prime minister's office. Therefore I have a hard time believing it is true," he said.
On Sunday, Netanyahu clarified to his Likud ministers that the government gave a green light to zoning and planning in the area known as E1 between Jerusalem and Ma’aleh Adumim, but not to actual construction there.
With these comments, Netanyahu seemed to signal to the Palestinians that if they go further with the type of unilateral actions they took at the UN on Thursday, Israel would indeed build in E1.
The Palestinians claim that building in E1 would cut Jerusalem off from the rest of the West Bank, break up the territorial continuity of a future Palestinian state and sound the death knell to a two-state solution.
Netanyahu also told the ministers that the 3,000 housing units he authorized on Friday would be built in communities in the large settlement blocs, as well as in post-1967 neighborhoods in the capital. A spokesman for the Construction and Housing Ministry said he expected the units to be built in Ariel, Elkana, Efrat, Karnei Shomron and the Jerusalem neighborhoods of Pisgat Ze’ev and Gilo.
Friday’s announcement of the additional units and the planning work to be done on E1 was the government’s immediate reaction to the Palestinians’ successful move to upgrade their status at the UN General Assembly to that of non-member observer state.
Labor MK Binyamin Ben-Eliezer warned that the world was "losing its patience to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's irresponsible policies."
Ben-Eliezer called the move "a badly timed decision" that "risks the loss of support from the United States and from European countries."
"The world is telling Israel 'enough,' and the fact that friend-states like Britain and France are considering recalling their ambassadors is a long-reaching issue that can lead Israel to international isolation," Ben-Eliezer said.
The Tzipi Livni Party leader said Netanyahu's decision to build in the settlements "isolates Israel, encourages international pressure and will not happen either way."
Livni added that reports that France and Britain are considering to recall their envoys proves that Netanyahu's government makes diplomatic moves that are bad for Israel.
"In one month of dangerous military and diplomatic moves, Netanyahu formed a Hamas state in Gaza, a Palestinian state in the UN and now, with his response, made Israel guilty in the eyes of the world," Livni said.

Herb Keinon contributed to this report.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah no, twas the martinis. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.