The "Let's get it all out" thread - lockout edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The "Let's get it all out" thread - lockout edition

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Depression era history...love it. CBC,marijuana and prairie history...smokin'

Thanks Tiger... it would have taken me 3 days to type all that shit out...
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Dear Mr. Bettman and Players

I do want to tell you how much I miss waking up in the morning and checking out sites like this one and TSN to see what happened to my Canucks. I follow the stats closely and am always huge on the draft and who we will get. I feel up when we are doing well and down when we are not. For me and perhaps for me alone this represents my biggest loss that has incurred from you and the players making a decision to turn hockey into the same business as Wall Street.

I do not blame the owners or the players. I just want you to go back to playing our game. I go to work with no Canuck news and I go home the same way. That is fine for the summer but winter is a whole different game. I am Canadian and have loved hockey since forever.

You have made my life emptier than it needs to be. I have invested a lot of my personal equity in the game at the pro level. I stood there and cheered for Jocelyn Guevremont (sp?) and all the rest of the next great ones. I did not complain when given a lousy product for decades and have stayed loyal because there seemed to be a contract between the team and us, the fans. You seem to have forgotten us completely and we are truly what hockey is all about, and more than anything this is what hurts the most. Without the fan you are nothing. Instead of acknowledging this by your behaviour, you treat us much the same as someone who does not have any value. This is not the first time. I am starting to feel like the abused member of a relationship who simply will not learn how to take care of themselves. I do not like the feeling at all and am pissed at the whole gig. Without Professional NHL hockey my life is poorer but I will manage just fine, and sooner or later, hopefully, I will allow the lesson to sink in. Oh great! Another lesson on how to grow up from something I hold precious and valuable. Just what myself and all the other fans need in their lives. You seem to have forgotten the main point. You are there to entertain and without it many of us will look at the picture differently over time. I am too hard core and will come back but many will not and the growth of the most beautiful game will stall.

I can only explain what I am seeing with one word....GREED. Everywhere and on all sides. WHy is some Yank named Fehr and another one named Bettman being allowed to ruin the game? Surely the players I have heard just want to play. How about letting them and our world will be back to the way it is supposed to be during the winter?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:Ok - it's time to vent.

Imagine you're in a room with Bettman and Fehr. It's locked and you have 5 minutes to say what's on your mind.
Don, Lennon's best work was as a song writer.

Gary, tell me how you escaped the rear valance of a wetback's '64 Impala.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Don't know if already posted - too lazy to read...

Great idea - should be sent to all fans across all teams in the league...
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Fan: Boycott opener if NHL returns

A Flyers season-ticket holder wants fans to boycott the home opener if the NHL ever returns from its labor war.

"Whether it's this year or next year, the first game back should be in an empty Wells Fargo Center," said Bill O'Toole.

He said it would serve as "a protest to what the league and the players have put us through. It would be a national story and a fitting 'final word' put on the debacle by the fans, the ones who write the checks for the billions of dollars these two sides can't seem to divide."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqf ... turns.html
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Yeah I'm doing my own personal boycott for 1 calendar year. Not attending a Canucks game for a calendar year, even if a ticket is given to me (and usually go to 8-10 games per year - either paid by me or ticket given to me). I like the idea of a 1 game boycott by the fans. Would definitely send a message to all to have all teams playing in front of some league and team staff and that's it. But 1 game is barely lip service, hence my 1 year boycott. I know I'm just 1 guy doing it, but if there was enough of us, it would definitely hurt.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

i am on a personal boycott...i have worn NO NHL paraphenalia or bought any since this action has begun...i refuse to create ANY wealth for both sides...all my family members know that they are not to but me any NHL "stuff" for Christmas...I may not make any difference to anything or anyone but its all i can do...

bettman is a little prick...
the fehr brothers would eat their moms (nether-region)<mod edit for a nickel and sell the photos for a dime...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Tanti09 wrote:Yeah I'm doing my own personal boycott for 1 calendar year. Not attending a Canucks game for a calendar year, even if a ticket is given to me (and usually go to 8-10 games per year - either paid by me or ticket given to me). I like the idea of a 1 game boycott by the fans. Would definitely send a message to all to have all teams playing in front of some league and team staff and that's it. But 1 game is barely lip service, hence my 1 year boycott. I know I'm just 1 guy doing it, but if there was enough of us, it would definitely hurt.
OMG if someone could actually organize that, a one game boycott across the league that would be amazing.
Imagine the power!
Occupy Wall Street would pale by comparison.
Oil companies, Walmart could be next.
Shit we could actually change the world
Ten Years After, would have to write a new song :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

there is a toaster out there that burns the orca into your toast..my daughter thought what an awesome dad gift...she asked me what was going on with hockey and I told her how unhappy I was about it all and that I would not be supporting anything NHl. at least until they make a deal....bye bye toaster..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:there is a toaster out there that burns the orca into your toast..my daughter thought what an awesome dad gift...she asked me what was going on with hockey and I told her how unhappy I was about it all and that I would not be supporting anything NHl. at least until they make a deal....bye bye toaster..
Losing out on an awesome toaster like that!!! Okay that would seriously frost my ass, I'm not sure I could let that go, I might hold that grudge for decades...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:there is a toaster out there that burns the orca into your toast..my daughter thought what an awesome dad gift...she asked me what was going on with hockey and I told her how unhappy I was about it all and that I would not be supporting anything NHl. at least until they make a deal....bye bye toaster..
Losing out on an awesome toaster like that!!! Okay that would seriously frost my ass, I'm not sure I could let that go, I might hold that grudge for decades...
I know....so no one can say we dont suffer...BUTT a man has got to do what a man has got to do...I thanked my daughter and said I will not support the NHL at this time... in any way!!

socks and chocolate covered cherries it is.... lofl (birthday 2weeks after xmas so still a chance)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
I know....so no one can say we dont suffer...BUTT a man has got to do what a man has got to do...I thanked my daughter and said I will not support the NHL at this time... in any way!!

socks and chocolate covered cherries it is.... lofl (birthday 2weeks after xmas so still a chance)
I've got one of those toasters , works like a hot damn. What I would like for a present ? Maybe a dart board with Buttman and Feur,s face on it.