Gaza Attacks

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Gaza Attacks

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
Wait up, the same very Natives that the 'Amuricans love of their fight of so much that they call their beloved NFL, NHL and MLB teams after them?

First Nations are still in the fight everyday! From road blocks to civilized court rulings for treaties, to stopping and kicking land surveyors off of their land for natural gas/fracking bs, and the now stopping of the Enbridge Northern Gateway pipeline.
The Indians can jump up and down all they want about the Enbridge pipeline and the Kinder Morgan expansion as well. Neither project will be deterred. :) :thumbs: :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob, The only problem I have with the Northern Gateway pipeline is Enbridge itself. They have certainly done enough shooting themselves in the foot with their other operations to raise several red flags about their involvement in Northern Gateway.

Enbridge has a lot of questions to answer and can begin doing so by getting their existing operations in order.

How many folks even realized there was a pipeline into Burnaby before Kinder spoke of doubling the line?

And Christi's demand of a portion of Alberta's resource revenue flies in the face of provincial control of natural resources that has been in place since confederation.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Blob, The only problem I have with the Northern Gateway pipeline is Enbridge itself. They have certainly done enough shooting themselves in the foot with their other operations to raise several red flags about their involvement in Northern Gateway.

Enbridge has a lot of questions to answer and can begin doing so by getting their existing operations in order.

How many folks even realized there was a pipeline into Burnaby before Kinder spoke of doubling the line?
Totally agree about Enbridge. They need to clean up their reputation, response time and a few other things.

My dad worked for TM for 35 years before it was Kinder Morgan. He ended up starting at Westridge in Burnaby there, went to Edson Alberta where i was born, down to Kamloops, back to Burnaby and finished off with a plum gig in Washington State. Good company to work for and until that pipeline got hit a few years ago there record was exemplary. That was the fault of the City of Burnaby , but it was nice to see that NDP hack Derek Corrigan grandstanding and making a complete idiot of himself.

People that oppose these projects do not realize the value in job creation, economy stimulation and tax revenue. If we believed everything that four eyed Jap Suzuki told us, the planet would already be burned to the ground.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

I too agree about Enbridge. They have a poor track record and their attitude in the "hearings" smacks of arrogance. "Trust us all will be good". Sorry but this is BC's natural resources that are at risk and I am not a tree hugger. I don't like Alberta's wannabe Maggie Thatcher, telling us we should kiss their ass in order to get Alberta's oil to market. I agree this project should be done in some form that is satisfactory to all because of the economic benefits. My concern is who pays the bill if in the event of a BP situation occurs. Alberta would say its not our problem and who gets stuck with the cleanup.

There are pipelines that have been in existence for years and never have a problem but Enbridge seems to have problems wherever they go.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Arachnid wrote:You hire South East Asians to dig dirt? Not very local (butt globally gregarious of you).
Good thing they started their morning commute a few thousand years ago.
Hey Lucy, you're ancestors are calling you..... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:Blob, The only problem I have with the Northern Gateway pipeline is Enbridge itself. They have certainly done enough shooting themselves in the foot with their other operations to raise several red flags about their involvement in Northern Gateway.

Totally agree about Enbridge. They need to clean up their reputation, response time and a few other things.

My dad worked for TM for 35 years before it was Kinder Morgan. He ended up starting at Westridge in Burnaby there, went to Edson Alberta where i was born, down to Kamloops, back to Burnaby and finished off with a plum gig in Washington State. Good company to work for and until that pipeline got hit a few years ago there record was exemplary. That was the fault of the City of Burnaby , but it was nice to see that NDP hack Derek Corrigan grandstanding and making a complete idiot of himself.

People that oppose these projects do not realize the value in job creation, economy stimulation and tax revenue. If we believed everything that four eyed Jap Suzuki told us, the planet would already be burned to the ground.
Sorry Blobster, that was then,this is now, there is more jobs in clean green energy than in fossil fuel...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Will you guys keep on track with this thread and talk about camel fuckers and pork grinders :twisted: and how they will kill the Christians, Hindus and Buddhists and leave the Godless Pagans to rule the word! 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

What about future 'hey lucies' and clean green energy jobs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hey Charlie, Lucy holding a football for you to kick.

Look how much Don Quixote made chasing windmills.

Good call Skyo. Tilt.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Me thinks the fossils & luddites protest too much...do the research, do the math and tell me local dollars and businesses don't benefit more through future renewable energy and tech...done locally are not the way forward...as some Dumas said to me...'our time is now' and that exactly is why we move forward progressively instead of clinging to the past...like geriatric boars butt hey, you want your kids to grow up in a smog,heat and haze and them dealing with the deficits and inaction/cowardliness of their parents...by all means carry on...doing nothing, if anything you're good at... :|

You guys sound like the guys that came along with the shovel behind the horses when the automobile came along and predicted job losses and end of the world...wake up...time to die... 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shite Blobby Bear Mountain, your old man musta hit pay dirt with some hefty stock options, salary and pension. You ever get get any handouts? I actually know a higher up with that kinder Morgan group, he was in the news when the Barnett HWY blew up. He makes damn good coin'age
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The Enbridge proposed pipeline. Am I out of it when i question why few advancements have been made with pipe line construction. I know they have at great expense for instance made it mandatory for double Hull tankers now. ie one hull fundamentally inside the other double protection, why not double tubed pipelines. The expense with tankers is huge but they've done it ...I suspect it has something to do with their insurance but why haven't pipelines followed suit ?
cheers
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yep - we're going through the same thing down here. Alberta tar sand oil being piped through Nebraska over the largest fresh water source in the country. What could go wrong? :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Xenophobic Spidey - economies of scale.

Fred - Double wall is a hindrance to inspection allowing corrosion of the inner pipe to go unchecked.

Cornuck - Keystone has moved the proposed pipeline to the satisfaction of Nebraska.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »