The 2012/13 Canucks ..contender or pretender?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2012/13 Canucks ..contender or pretender?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote:
Shall we try to analyze the series against the Kings again?

Henrik had 2g 3a in 5 GP with +0 and Daniel had 0g 2a in 2GP with +0. Both the Sedins scored 1 ppg. If Daniel was healthy to start game 1, the result might be different.

Luongo and Edler might not be the only reasons but they were not great neither. Edler made a lot of bonehead mistakes and Luongo did not have a great series when needed. Luongo surrendered 7 goals in 2 games and Schneider only surrendered 4 goals in 3 games. If Luongo posted 1.31 GAA like Schneider, the Canucks would have won at least one of the first two games. With his 3.59 GAA and .891 Sv%, the Canucks needed 5 goals per game to win the first two games... Seriously, are we talking about the Philly and Pittsburgh series now??

I know that Hansen had a very good series. He had a lot of good chances but he only scored 1g 0a in 5GP. I would hardly call him the top goal scorer.
But in his world Hansen was the top scorer. He probably thought Alberts was the best defenceman in the series.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Shall we try to analyze the series against the Kings again?

Henrik had 2g 3a in 5 GP with +0 and Daniel had 0g 2a in 2GP with +0. Both the Sedins scored 1 ppg. If Daniel was healthy to start game 1, the result might be different.

Luongo and Edler might not be the only reasons but they were not great neither. Edler made a lot of bonehead mistakes and Luongo did not have a great series when needed. Luongo surrendered 7 goals in 2 games and Schneider only surrendered 4 goals in 3 games. If Luongo posted 1.31 GAA like Schneider, the Canucks would have won at least one of the first two games. With his 3.59 GAA and .891 Sv%, the Canucks needed 5 goals per game to win the first two games... Seriously, are we talking about the Philly and Pittsburgh series now??

I know that Hansen had a very good series. He had a lot of good chances but he only scored 1g 0a in 5GP. I would hardly call him the top goal scorer.
But in his world Hansen was the top scorer. He probably thought Alberts was the best defenceman in the series.

Apologies.. to Jovocop.. My bad.. yep the Sedins got 2 pp goals between them.. and NOTHING 5 on 5.. Hansen got 1 .. 5 on 5 and was tops in the +/- category.. It was the previous year that the Sedin's were both in the top of the - category on +/- .. They did play better against the Kings .. ( ok I ate enough crow )... They don't shine in the playoffs and their production is showing signs of decreasing.. Good players still but not as good as 2 years ago..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobby Bear, why do you love Gillis so much?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Blobby Bear, why do you love Gillis so much?
Have you seen my baseball ???
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Pacific Blue when did you lose faith in our erstwhile GM???
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Tiger wrote:Hansen got 1 .. 5 on 5 and was tops in the +/- category.. It was the previous year that the Sedin's were both in the top of the - category on +/- .. They did play better against the Kings .. ( ok I ate enough crow )... They don't shine in the playoffs and their production is showing signs of decreasing.. Good players still but not as good as 2 years ago..
Hansen was actually -1 in the series against the Kings. Don't get me wrong, I love Hansen but he is no Sedins.

On ice, the Sedins put up points for the Canucks. They might not be a phyiscal force but they are tough. Without them, the Canucks are no where near the top of the league. Like it or not, the Sedins brought the Art Ross and the President trophies to Vancouver back-to-back.

Off ice, the Sedins would take a "hometown" discount to play for the Canucks. They would donate huge money to our community. What else do you want from two "soft Euros"?? People should just stop picking the Sedins.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop we may as well try and make pitbulls who guard meth labs in Whalley into guide dogs and police dogs.

Haters gonna hate.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Jovocop we may as well try and make pitbulls who guard meth labs in Whalley into guide dogs and police dogs.

Haters gonna hate.
Listen Big Mac Attack, listen good. If no season this year, the Sedins will be 33 before the start of next. With nothing and I mean nothing in the way of high end talent coming up through the ranks of this system, when do we push the 'rebuild' button B Mac. WHEN? I need you to stop eyeballing the old boot waitresses at the Arms and give me a straight up answer.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There was a waitress at the Arms that knows you. She had a bit of a goat, bit of a gunt and looked a little like she was rode hard and put away wet. But she might have been hot back in the day . :sly:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All the waitresses at the Arms look like they have been ridden hard over the years by the likes of you and all the other regular rubbies there.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

paddy wrote:
At his unveiling as the new GM of our beloved Canucks, just his overall arrogant attitude at that press conference. A rookie GM talkin trash about previous management's poor drafting and developing. I think ole Gillis is now realizing that it ain't no walk in the park running an NHL team and this whole Money Ball arrogance is more sizzle than actual steak. He's full of shite. It's gonna be interesting now that the the great core he inherited are starting to see their best days behind them, not ahead, and that in a short while this team success will really have to depend on the direction Gillis takes them, we finally get to see what kind of GM Gillis is.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't recall Pac B doing all the ball licking of the Cheeseburger Brothers that he has done over the last year or so. If i recall he used to bash them pretty regularly.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

RoyalDude wrote:
paddy wrote:
At his unveiling as the new GM of our beloved Canucks, just his overall arrogant attitude at that press conference. A rookie GM talkin trash about previous management's poor drafting and developing. I think ole Gillis is now realizing that it ain't no walk in the park running an NHL team and this whole Money Ball arrogance is more sizzle than actual steak. He's full of shite. It's gonna be interesting now that the the great core he inherited are starting to see their best days behind them, not ahead, and that in a short while this team success will really have to depend on the direction Gillis takes them, we finally get to see what kind of GM Gillis is.
Sounds like you're talking about a former Fat Fuck of a GM who is now in Toronto... You know, the one who never made it past the 1st round...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Tiger wrote:OK Blob.. maybe Booth is as good as Samuelsson in his prime ...but I doubt it.. That line is dependent on a healthy Kesler which is very questionable..

I do agree that our 2nd line is dependent on Kesler, but imo, Booth is as good as Samuelsson was in his prime. Btw, Samuelsson's prime was when he was 31-33 years old, and Booth is only 27. I personally think that a health Booth/Kesler/Higgins 2nd line will be a thing of beauty. Booth goes to the dirty areas better then Samuelsson did, and should be just hitting his own prime. And, Hansen/Lapp/Kassian will do nicely as our 3rd line.

I am gruntled with our top 9 forwards. We just need to round out a tough 4th line that is defensively adequate. Sadly, those spots are filled by MayRay and Malholtra at the moment. Good guys, but not sure where they fit into the current line-up. Maybe we can trade them both to the Islanders for Kyle Okposo :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tciso wrote: I do agree that our 2nd line is dependent on Kesler, but imo, Booth is as good as Samuelsson was in his prime. Btw, Samuelsson's prime was when he was 31-33 years old, and Booth is only 27. I personally think that a health Booth/Kesler/Higgins 2nd line will be a thing of beauty. Booth goes to the dirty areas better then Samuelsson did, and should be just hitting his own prime. And, Hansen/Lapp/Kassian will do nicely as our 3rd line.
LMAO....Duuuuuude! You must be on a five day bender of the Tri-Cities pubs with ole Blobby Mac there. I know Blobby likes to end his benders on the floor of the bathroom of the Arms pub with a pant full of piss stain, if you make there, you ain't no lightweight for Blobby Mac is tough to keep up with on a bender.

Pea Brained Booth does not have the mental capacity to blame the crafty game that Samuelsson can play and does not, will not, can not shoot like Samuelsson can. Dirty areas??? You just described my biggest beef with floater Booth, he wouldn't know what to do in a dirty area if his life depended on it, the guy is a watcher and is always behind the play due to his shit anticipation zero puck possession skills. Booth, Mr. zero intensity has nowhere near the piss n vinegar competitive fire that Samuelsson has. Give me Samuelsson at half his prime over Booth any day of the week.

How long is it going to take some of you to wake up and smell the coffee....Booth and Kesler simply are not compatible players. Bottom line