Gaza Attacks

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Gaza Attacks

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: It's kinda funny though reading the postings. Tell me, does any one know the true history of Palestine,Israel and Britain, as well as, the differences between Shi'ites and Sunni conflicts in the Mid-East?
Spidey, a half-doz or so of us have discussed these things many times over the years.

And we ain't done yet! :thumbs:
Okay I'll bite,

I know that Isaac and Ishmael had the same daddy but different Momma's. Isaac' mom, Sarah wanted Ishmael dead and he escaped into the desert and started 6000 years of hatred.

I know that when Mohammed kicked off this mortal coil he left a relative and a spiritual follower to argue over who was to succeed him and it kicked off 1500 years of conflict.

But aside from owning the worlds ass for 600 years and having to put up with arabs and jews going mental, what's Britain got to do with it.
Seriously? :eh:

You spout history and make no reference to 800 years of Christian crusades on Jerusalem or how the British fucked up the parcelling of the Mid-East beyond recognition. I didn't read this online, my animation teacher was born in Israel before WWII and called the English terrorists. Colonialism pure and simple. Kuwait? A royal family. Hussein was right. He shoulda nuked 'em when he had a chance, dumbass.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:

You spout history and make no reference to 800 years of Christian crusades on Jerusalem or how the British fucked up the parcelling of the Mid-East beyond recognition. I didn't read this online, my animation teacher was born in Israel before WWII and called the English terrorists. Colonialism pure and simple. Kuwait? A royal family. Hussein was right. He shoulda nuked 'em when he had a chance, dumbass.
Worst mistake was probably making the Saudis rulers of what is now Saudi Arabia. The rightful ruler would have been King Hussein, who got Jordan instead. Talk about getting robbed! :lol:

The problem is that the backward Saudi nomads subscribe to the most extreme version of Islam there is. It used to be really fringe, but with all that freaking oil money they have been able to spread their perverted version of a previously rather tolerant and peaceful religion all over the place. The Saudis are the root cause of the spread of Muslim fundamentalism. Most of the 9-11 hi-jackers, as well as Osama bin Ladin, were Saudis. And the dumbass Dubya attacked the secular Iraq rather than turn on his dad's business partners... :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Okay I'll bite,

I know that Isaac and Ishmael had the same daddy but different Momma's. Isaac' mom, Sarah wanted Ishmael dead and he escaped into the desert and started 6000 years of hatred.

I know that when Mohammed kicked off this mortal coil he left a relative and a spiritual follower to argue over who was to succeed him and it kicked off 1500 years of conflict.

But aside from owning the worlds ass for 600 years and having to put up with arabs and jews going mental, what's Britain got to do with it.

spouting!?
That's a strong word I just gave you an opportunity to get on your soap box by biting on your obvious fishing trip and this is how you treat me? I'm hurt :)

Actually I tend to not think of the Crusades as a British thing as Britain didn't exist until the act if union in 1706/07. Before that it was English kings who were actually Catholics and they kicked ass in the holy land on behalf of the His coolness the Pope.

As for the division of the Middle East by the British Empire, I believe France (the rat bastards, sorry ratski) had as much to do with it and besides when dividing up conquered territory it makes no sense to do so in a way that doesn't divide geopolitical concerns. That way they can't work together and get all uppity, to coin a phrase.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Actually I tend to not think of the Crusades as a British thing as Britain didn't exist until the act if union in 1706/07. Before that it was English kings who were actually Catholics and they kicked ass in the holy land on behalf of the His coolness the Pope.
Uh oh, another god dam prodestant queen lover. Where is the IRA these days? GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! WE MEANT IT, MAN! Johnny Rotten

Hey don't blame Pontius Pilate for executing Jesus. It was the Jews who begged for Pilate to get rid of the threat to the Jewish religion that Jesus was. The Protestants love the Jews.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Jesus was a carpenter.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:Jesus was a carpenter.
Damn right he was. Can you imagine the crazy kind of furniture making the Nazareen would have created in today's power tool world? Ya would think that Jesus would love to come back again just to have a few go arounds with a router table.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: when a population votes a terrorist group into power they tend to become isolated.
Yes. Because Palestinians have only been isolated since 2006.

Well the Gazans became EXTREMELY isolated after they voted Hamas into power there Mr Semantics. :scowl:

Since you are placing the blame for this isolation squarely on the shoulders of Netanyahu, one would assume you are referring to an era in which he was actually in power. Netanyahu was Prime Minister from June '96 – July '99 and from March '09 - Present. So wriggle away old chum....

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Now pull your head all the way out and realize no one has ever starved to death in Gaza.
Half the population can't afford "sufficient food", according to the UN.
Well the UN said many Canadians can’t afford sufficient food:

http://www.srfood.org/images/stories/pd ... lim_en.pdf

According to United Nations Secretary-General Ban Kin-moon, one child dies of starvation every five seconds world-wide. Yet… NO ONE… has EVER starved to death in Gaza…. so why are we talking about this? Oh yes, because YOU claimed Netanyahu is starving the people of Gaza. :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anyhow, picking a side in this long running fued in the middle east would be like picking a side in the fight of the Hatfield and McCoys. Ain't no bad guys good guys, just a fight between neighbors, although one of the neighbors is an absolute weakling left to throwing rocks and sending in their daughters with a back pack full of bombs while the other neighor is like 6 Vancouver City Policeman ganging up on a frail old 120 pound crack head in the parking lot of the Cobalt hotel. But hey, just keep expanding those territories Israel and keep building that wall.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Damn right he was.
Sadly, you're missing the point Topper is trying to hammer home.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Image

Nice afternoon to go for a ride.
Yup, they look pretty well-fed to me. :drink:

Course those folk there constitute the judge, jury, and executioner, the upper-class of the Gazans....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Damn right he was.
Sadly, you're missing the point Topper is trying to hammer home.
Strangelove my good man, I see you are at your best here, out to slay anyone who, might not share the same opinion as you regarding politics and religion. But hey Doc, keep on goading, you are one helluvan antagonist. You must have been a champion in Debator at Templeton High there in East Van.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:Image

Nice afternoon to go for a ride.
Yup, they look pretty well-fed to me. :drink:

Course those folk there constitute the judge, jury, and executioner, the upper-class of the Gazans....
Hey Doc, why is it so hard for you to relate this sort of retaliation? I don't condone it but if my children or my neighbors children are getting killed to general carpet bombing style military tactics, what is the fucking difference?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

If there's one thing worse than a you-know-wot, it's a drunken you-know-wot! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:If there's one thing worse than a you-know-wot, it's a drunken you-know-wot! :wink:
Seriously Doc, why do you love the Jews so much? It can't be because you love Jerry Seinfeld is it? Larry David? Seth Rogen?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

A good troll is a thing of beauty.

You, on the other hand, can snort my bum dust! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.