There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Strangelove » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Topper wrote:After reading Steve Fehr's three things, the one that stood out was who covers the cost of the lockout.


Here is what Fehr will do within a few days imo: Accept the – 50-50 split + linkage + make whole + revenue-sharing + 5% max on back-diving contracts - that the owners have on the table. Just say ‘no’ to the other proposed player contract rules. Drop his silly “who covers the cost of the lockout?” BS.

The owners will sign on the dotted line.

Actually he’ll probably try for more bucks in the ‘make whole’ package, but therein lies the deal.

Topper wrote:When did BC Fairies open an office in the UK?


:mrgreen:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: There will be a strike

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Topper wrote:
When did BC Fairies open an office in the UK?


Hahaha Can I get at least an autocorrect on that one?

You ought to start wrighting stand up material there deadpan king lol
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Meds » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:57 am

The PA should really put a gag on some of its members.

Crosby comes off as a moron. The NHL are the ones who have initiated every round of talks with new proposals.

My favourite is listening to the PA talk about the "players" in their profession and wanting to get back to playing.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go play paramedic in the ambulance. Fuck actually working. I'm gonna go play.

Loser NHL hockey players. Go get some real jobs.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: There will be a strike

Postby the Dogsalmon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 am

Meds wrote:The PA should really put a gag on some of its members.

Crosby comes off as a moron. The NHL are the ones who have initiated every round of talks with new proposals.

My favourite is listening to the PA talk about the "players" in their profession and wanting to get back to playing.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go play paramedic in the ambulance. Fuck actually working. I'm gonna go play.

Loser NHL hockey players. Go get some real jobs.



Crosby is a moron...he is a kid who is fed softball hand picked media questions with canned answers already supplied by his handlers...if Sid had to answer an arbitrary question without the puppetmasters finger up his ass he would be lost...but he sure can play hockey...
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Per » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 pm

So, is this how low we have now sunk?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2012/11/ ... y-cup.html

Cricket, instead of hockey..... :crazy:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Topper » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Per wrote:So, is this how low we have now sunk?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2012/11/ ... y-cup.html

Cricket, instead of hockey..... :crazy:

Test Cricket beats the hell out of the One Day game.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Tiger » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Topper wrote:
Per wrote:So, is this how low we have now sunk?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2012/11/ ... y-cup.html

Cricket, instead of hockey..... :crazy:

Test Cricket beats the hell out of the One Day game.


Kinda like watching paint dry? a 2 day chore or more with oil paint.. 1 day with latex...
and cricket is just about as active..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Per » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Not a bad analysis by White:

"I got to be honest, I personally think he's an idiot,'' White said of Bettman. "Since he's come in I think he's done nothing but damage the game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Bettman is an ivy league grad . White probably has a grade 10 education at best. Bettman must be the idiot. :roll:
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Cue the obligatory Dogsalmon~Bettman quote...
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: There will be a strike

Postby okcanuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bettman is an ivy league grad . White probably has a grade 10 education at best. Bettman must be the idiot. :roll:



An ivy league degree doesn't necessarily make you a good commissioner of the NHL. His background is round-ball .He should of stayed with the NBA. As a matter of fact the NHL was perking along quite well until that "genius" showed up.
User avatar
okcanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Bestwank,BC

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Mondi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

All the Bettman is "the smartest guy in the room" talk is utter nonsense.

You can have all the intellectual horsepower in the world, but if you are greedy, arrogant and egomaniacal you're an idiot. Bettman hits all three as far as I can tell.

Somewhere along the line, our society started equating extreme narcissism and/or personal wealth with intelligence. These concepts are not interchangeable.

If Bettman was truly a smart guy, he'd have brokered a deal a long time ago using collaborative techniques so that both sides walked away from the table happy with the outcome. It is now likely that both sides will come away upset and with the on-going relationship damaged, perhaps irreparably.

Bettman may be the most obstinate guy in the room, but surely not the smartest.
Last edited by Mondi on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:30 pm

okcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bettman is an ivy league grad . White probably has a grade 10 education at best. Bettman must be the idiot. :roll:



An ivy league degree doesn't necessarily make you a good commissioner of the NHL. His background is round-ball .He should of stayed with the NBA. As a matter of fact the NHL was perking along quite well until that "genius" showed up.


Regardless of whether his background is "round-ball" or fucking tether ball bettman would still have a high paying gig if he wasn't the commish of the NHL......Ian White would likely be working at Mcdonalds if he couldn't skate. White is the idiot and Fehr would be wise to rein in his idiots from running their mouths. At the beginning of this mess the owners looked like the bad guys. It has done a 180 in the last two months.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Mondi wrote:All the Bettman is "the smartest guy in the room" talk is utter nonsense.

You can have all the intellectual horsepower in the world, but if you are greedy, arrogant and egomaniacal you're an idiot. Bettman hits all three as far as I can tell.

Somewhere along the line, our society started equating extreme narcissism and/or personal wealth and with intelligence. These concepts are not interchangeable.

If Bettman was truly a smart guy, he'd have brokered a deal a long time ago using collaborative techniques so that both sides walked away from the table happy with the outcome. It is now likely that both sides will come away upset and with the on-going relationship damaged, perhaps irreparably.

Bettman may be the most obstinate guy in the room, but surely not the smartest.


I am no fan of Bettman but the NHLPA hired the guy who is a far bigger cunt than he when they clipped Paul Kelly at the knees. Donald Fehr has no desire to strike a deal with the owners and while I can get behind the players on the issue of contract length the fact that Fehr has cooned them into thinking they can win this fight illustrates how dumb a lot of these players really are.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Meds » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Mondi wrote:If Bettman was truly a smart guy, he'd have brokered a deal a long time ago using collaborative techniques so that both sides walked away from the table happy with the outcome. It is now likely that both sides will come away upset and with the on-going relationship damaged, perhaps irreparably.


I think the owners will walk away happy if they get 50/50 and linkage. Those have been their sticking points.

The players are going to walk away disgruntled regardless. They had a sweet thing going under the expired CBA. They haven't been the most willing of partners in this negotiation as they have essentially offered the same deal several times, and simply rejected the core of the owners offers outright.

As for White vs Bettman. White is the idiot. He obviously fails to see that under Bettman's oversight, the players have watched their salaries jump by an average of a million dollars over the last 7 years. Bettman may be a weasel, he be stubborn, he may be less than honest, but he is nobody's idiot.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: herb and 1 guest