Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Brick Tamland wrote:Yup, there's no denying that there hasn't been a lot to work with (rookies that is) in his tenure here. IMO he just doens't seem very rookie friendly.
Well it's a veteran team with high expectations for execution. We're not the Oilers, where they are allowed to learn the NHL game by making mistakes. This team expects to win every night, and therefore cannot afford "rookie mistakes". So from that standpoint the team itself is very hard for rookies to play a lot. I don't think it's AV, it's the level of play expected by all management/coaches/players.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:^^^^ i LIKE it!!

Henceforth Cody Hodgson shall be known as "Pump & Dump"....
...but dumped a the wrong time. Should've waited til the off-season and dumped him in a package deal along with Luongo.

Right now Kassian is a mystery, could turn out to be a Stojanov, or a Dustin Penner. Or somewhere in between. I'm thinking Jim Sandlak.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rookies can't compete for a job until they are grown, that's the logic of the RedWings, however they have had numerous Stanley Cups from the old school to the new NHL, meanwhile the Canuck "veterans" have nothing. (Absolutely none of them have a single cup!!)
Don't see how this AV master of a coach can say, we are only a vet team, whose sole purpose is winning a cup, even when we got knocked out early last season and none of the main players has won a cup ever.

Meanwhile, if we lose this entire season thanks to buttkiss Bettman whose about to fired, we will lose Edler, Raymond, Higgins, Manny, Lappy, Ebbett, Volp, Alberts due to UFA.
With one more year of the Sedins after that, and who knows if they will re-sign, I think they will, but still this upcoming season could be a big bang season to win it all.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Rookies can't compete for a job until they are grown, that's the logic of the RedWings, however they have had numerous Stanley Cups from the old school to the new NHL, meanwhile the Canuck "veterans" have nothing. (Absolutely none of them have a single cup!!)
Don't see how this AV master of a coach can say, we are only a vet team, whose sole purpose is winning a cup, even when we got knocked out early last season and none of the main players has won a cup ever.

Meanwhile, if we lose this entire season thanks to buttkiss Bettman whose about to fired, we will lose Edler, Raymond, Higgins, Manny, Lappy, Ebbett, Volp, Alberts due to UFA.
With one more year of the Sedins after that, and who knows if they will re-sign, I think they will, but still this upcoming season could be a big bang season to win it all.
If the season is lost and those contracts expire, then I'm fairly certain you will see Edler and Lapierre re-signed to new deals. Raymond will get another contract as this one was inked in the hopes he would earn it with a return to his 2 seasons ago form.

Ebbet, Alberts, and Volpatti will be re-signed to either exactly what they are making right now, or let go.....and not really much of a loss as they are hardly trade bait.

Malhotra will likely be allowed to walk or he will be retained at half his current salary. If he goes he will likely sign somewhere else for the same as what the Canucks will offer him. His injury has likely put his career into a premature decline.

Higgins is the only question mark. The lockout will mean that all journeyman players, with expiring contracts, have lost some bargaining power as they are going to be asking for new contracts based on performances that are over a year old and none of them have even had the chance to show that they can repeat said performances. I expect to see a number of one year deals being signed before the 2013 season commences should this season be entirely lost. UFA players like Higgins will likely be shopping for new teams if they ask for the moon coming off of a lost season.

If there is no season then the Canucks window of opportunity with this roster is all but closed.

I also don't like the look of a potential return on Luongo if he doesn't get moved for a shortened season this year.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:Yup, there's no denying that there hasn't been a lot to work with (rookies that is) in his tenure here. IMO he just doens't seem very rookie friendly.
Well it's a veteran team with high expectations for execution. We're not the Oilers, where they are allowed to learn the NHL game by making mistakes. This team expects to win every night, and therefore cannot afford "rookie mistakes". So from that standpoint the team itself is very hard for rookies to play a lot. I don't think it's AV, it's the level of play expected by all management/coaches/players.
And yet they made plenty of rookie mistakes last year, amd then proceeded to pile them high in the opening round against LA.

I think it is AV, but I don't think it's necessarily a rookie thing for him. It's just his penchant for playing favorites. Think about it, last year Edler couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a mirror during the last couple weeks of the season. Come puck drop of game 1 against the Kings he may as well have flushed his brain with his pre-game dump. Vigneault still chose to give him minutes over Ballard who was having a relatively good series in the 4 games he was dressed for. We have watched plenty of rookies make fewer mistakes than Edler made, they were often benched for the remainder of the game and then not on the roster for the next one. Vigneault has his own ideas about what kind of player should play on his team, it has nothing to do with the level of experience or performance. If he likes a player that player will play.....if he doesn't then the player had better be putting up near point-per-game numbers if they want to keep their spot.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Apparently Canuck scouts are living at Marlie games these days. Fucking great.....unless Jake the Snake is coming back I want no part of that team........ or unless Frattin comes with Finn and a 1st rounder/Tyler Biggs.

I will absolutley scream if Colborne comes back here at all. Kadri has a hair of intrigue with his skill but this team needs more chutzpah in it's top 9 forward group not less.

I would hope that more teams other than the leaves would be all in on Luongo.

Is it just me or does it seem like this place is fucking dead ??? I can only boot the dudes sorry ass around this board for so long before it gets old. I guess some of you kids like to go to hf boards and see people rack up their 40 or 50 posts a day. What a dump that place is and the mods are fucking Nazis.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Apparently Canuck scouts are living at Marlie games these days. Fucking great.....unless Jake the Snake is coming back I want no part of that team........ or unless Frattin comes with Finn and a 1st rounder/Tyler Biggs.

I will absolutley scream if Colborne comes back here at all. Kadri has a hair of intrigue with his skill but this team needs more chutzpah in it's top 9 forward group not less.

Is it just me or does it seem like this place is fucking dead ??? I can only boot the dudes sorry ass around this board for so long before it gets old. I guess some of you kids like to go to hf boards and see people rack up their 40 or 50 posts a day. What a dump that place is and the mods are fucking Nazis.
Don't get your hopes up with Kadri B Mac, he will have the kind of success in the NHL like your Josh Holdens, Steve Kariya's, Jeff Tambellini's, Brandon Reids, Bill Muckalts did. I read him like a book, been in the hockey fan business a long time B Mac, I can see deadweight from a country fucking mile.

All things do point to a deal with the leaves, which would not surprise me cause I am so used to being underwhelmed by Gillis transactions. There ain't fuck all that I like in that system, unless it's Morgan Reilly, which might explain why they fucking suck.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Apparently Canuck scouts are living at Marlie games these days. Fucking great.....unless Jake the Snake is coming back I want no part of that team........ or unless Frattin comes with Finn and a 1st rounder/Tyler Biggs.

Don't get your hopes up with Kadri B Mac, he will have the kind of success in the NHL like your Josh Holdens, Steve Kariya's, Jeff Tambellini's, Brandon Reids, Bill Muckalts did. I read him like a book, been in the hockey fan business a long time B Mac, I can see deadweight from a country fucking mile.

All things do point to a deal with the leaves, which would not surprise me cause I am so used to being underwhelmed by Gillis transactions. There ain't fuck all that I like in that system, unless it's Morgan Reilly, which might explain why they fucking suck.

Rielly for Lou..straight up...anything else that the leaves own is shit...pure goddamn shit...fuck you toronto...the centre of the urinal...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If they come down on the cap ceiling as hard as it is being suggested, overachieving rookies will be even more valuable than they are now. Players like Rielly will be much harder to pry out of potential trading partners. Couple that with Luongos' perceivedly over inflated contract and we really might be looking at much less coming back than we all would like.

Not to mention Ballard and his contract will be nearly impossible to move. Let's hope there's some sort of "grandfathering" provision in the new CBA to protect teams like Vancouver, Philly and New York Rangers who spent to the cap to build a contender.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wouldn't want to be like Mike, right now. With some of his disappointing EXPENSIVE LONG TERM contracts he took on.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Imagine that juggernaut they're building in Alberia right now with a 59 million dollar payroll in a couple years. There will be 6 guys making 80 % of the payroll. Too bad they still won't have a goalie or a 2nd line centre , any depth on the blueline or up front but man they'll be good. LOL they can't even win in the AHL despite having half their NHL lineup. But hey they sure are racking up the points in the scoring race because that's what it's all about.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

the Dogsalmon wrote:Rielly for Lou..straight up...anything else that the leaves own is shit...pure goddamn shit...fuck you toronto...the centre of the urinal...

I agree that they are a big pile of shit. But, I'd be looking for a couple of 2nd round draft picks too. Lou is still one of the best goalies anywhere, and Tarana needs a goalie a lot more than we need what they have. And Burkie Babie knows it. His power duo of Reimer and Gustavsson won't even take them into the playoffs.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Gardiner, Reimer and LW-industrious scoring MacArthur should suffice for Luongo, Higgins and Connauton.

Luongo (guaranteed #1 elite goalie, plus solid in East) >>> Reimer
Gardiner >>> Connauton (risk is that Kcon can evolve into a uber shot good dman or not)
MacArthur = Higgins (Canucks need a change of scenery for our top 6 LW spot, both UFA in 13' summer)

Good trade for BB as Luongo alone can help elevate the TO franchise into the playoffs with his solid in his prime play, especially in the East.

And lets be serious, no way that T.O. defense can help Reimer/Scrivens reach the playoffs, unless the leaves had at least two Norris trophy dmen, which they do not.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, if by some sort of miraculousness, the lockout somehow ends in time to salvage a season I think it would be highly wise for management to consider retaining the services of Luongo til the trade deadline is upon us which would be upon us in shortened season lickity split. His stock would most certainly rise, for teams vying for Lord Stanley with questionable goaltending.

If I was one of the Gills advisors on the advisory board I would most certainly be advising them to take this plan of action.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Pacific Blue while the Good Doctor Strangelove of the Corner and some of his confreres here have been drooling over the Panthers roster I have stood by a Leaf deal from the get go... When this lockout ends Look for more of these to hit the shelves...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... --nhl.html
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...