Roberto, Jarome, Vincent and Joe

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Roberto, Jarome, Vincent and Joe

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This is not a real CBA thread, so any Bettman or Fehr mouth breathers can beat it. I was curious if losing 15 million over two lockouts might sting these 4 cats just a little. Maybe missing two years out of a borderline HOF career where you got robbed of your 40 wins and 6 shutouts or 40 goals and 80 points might be a real kick in the nuts with a frozen gumboot.

Hey i guess you can say you did it for the next generation though. :lol: Your HOF ballot is sketchy and your wallet is 15 million lighter but at the end of the day you gave the bird to the man and the future players might do as well financially as you four have.

Dr Recchi is an a-hole from a family of a-holes but this time he has it right. 90% of your check is better than 0 . :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Roberto, Jarome, Vincent and Joe

Post by the Dogsalmon »

is this something like Abraham,Martin and John???
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

How depressed is Tyler Myers by all this? Sure he got a $10M signing bonus, but his salary this season was supposed to be $12M. He's got 6 years left and only 26.5M to go around. He's pissed away double next years salary waiting this one out.

Parise, Suter, Weber and the like have multiple years of 10+M hockey.... poor Tyler. At least Shea can kick back and (barely) survive on his $13M signing bonuses he's due for the next couple years.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Island Nucklehead wrote:How depressed is Tyler Myers by all this? Sure he got a $10M signing bonus, but his salary this season was supposed to be $12M. He's got 6 years left and only 26.5M to go around. He's pissed away double next years salary waiting this one out.

Parise, Suter, Weber and the like have multiple years of 10+M hockey.... poor Tyler. At least Shea can kick back and (barely) survive on his $13M signing bonuses he's due for the next couple years.

fuck him...i feel sorry for the guys at the plant...
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

der Fehr does not approve of this thread. And he goes on to point out:

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach."

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise."

(der Fehr, "I hope players didn't read that.")

"Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."

(der Fehr, "There, that'll get them riled up.")

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

"Great liars are also great magicians. "

(der Fehr, "Hahaha, and I'm Doug Henning.")

"I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few."

(der Fehr, "Those evil owners won't pay us what we're worth...! (pay no attention to the much lower player wages in all other professional hockey leagues)."

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:How depressed is Tyler Myers by all this? Sure he got a $10M signing bonus, but his salary this season was supposed to be $12M. He's got 6 years left and only 26.5M to go around. He's pissed away double next years salary waiting this one out.

Don't you feel sorry for all the stoners in Oregon?
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Southern_Canuck wrote:der Fehr does not approve of this thread. And he goes on to point out:

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach."

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise."

(der Fehr, "I hope players didn't read that.")

"Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."

(der Fehr, "There, that'll get them riled up.")

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

"Great liars are also great magicians. "

(der Fehr, "Hahaha, and I'm Doug Henning.")

"I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few."

(der Fehr, "Those evil owners won't pay us what we're worth...! (pay no attention to the much lower player wages in all other professional hockey leagues)."

S_C

the goddamn Germans got nothin' to do with this...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

ukcanuck wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:

why???they can now all drive to Washington to smoke a bowl...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:

why???they can now all drive to Washington to smoke a bowl...
cause in Colorado and Washington they dont have to leave their homes ?
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

the fucking train just rolled off the tracks and i am lost with the last comment...can someone help me??? Strangelove? Tiger? anybody...fuck...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How about Henrik and Daniel ? They stand to miss out on 6.1 million this season..........not sure what their contract was in 04/05 . They stand to be 150 or so points behind where they would be in their career totals and if they keep up their current pace for another four or five years with a cup ring, those two lost years might be th reason they don't get in the Hall of Pretty Good.

I know I couldn't afford to piss two years of salary away and obviously I don't live the life of these assholes, but even if I was a rich man with millions I couldn't see wiping my ass with 15 mill to prove a pointless point. Goes to show a lot of these players are about as sharp as a beachball and unable to think for themselves.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

How about Henrik and Daniel ? They stand to miss out on 6.1 million this season..........not sure what their contract was in 04/05 . They stand to be 150 or so points behind where they would be in their career totals and if they keep up their current pace for another four or five years with a cup ring, those two lost years might be th reason they don't get in the Hall of Pretty Good.

I know I couldn't afford to piss two years of salary away and obviously I don't live the life of these assholes, but even if I was a rich man with millions I couldn't see wiping my ass with 15 mill to prove a pointless point. Goes to show a lot of these players are about as sharp as a beachball and unable to think for themselves.
They are also drinking Fehr's cool-aid about "negotiating". As the saying goes, "What's the difference between Bettman and the Devil? You can always make a deal with the Devil." Bettman has already indicated that a lot of what is left on the table is not open to negotiation. Fehr seems to think that Bettman is bluffing. The same Bettman who didn't bluff and allowed the 04/05 season to be flushed for the exact same reasons.

If this was a poker game, the last time Bettman had 4 aces, he went all in. This time with Bettman going all in again, I'd be folding my hand. especially when I can see he has 4 aces again on the table. Fehr can't tell the difference between 4 aces and a bluff.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Tciso wrote: If this was a poker game, the last time Bettman had 4 aces, he went all in. This time with Bettman going all in again, I'd be folding my hand. especially when I can see he has 4 aces again. Fehr seems to think that Bettman is hoping to draw to an inside straight, which tells me Fehr cannot read the cards in front of him.
The PA has abandoned their divide and conquer scheme of pitting the have owners vs the have nots.

It was one of the few tactics they had, but was blunted by the gag order. Now there are ex-players like Rechi voicing dissent with the PA.

How long do you think it will be before the league features Sid the Kid in another advertising campaign?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Personally, I suspect that all these big name players who are also over 30 y.o. would love to play now instead of pissing the season away. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of these players.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Personally, I suspect that all these big name players who are also over 30 y.o. would love to play now instead of pissing the season away. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of these players.
I think there are really a lot of those guys. Sedins, Zetterberg, Camillari, Sharp. Elias, St Louis, Richards, Datsyuk, Horcoff, Thorton, Iginla, Gomez, Heatley, Marleau, Briere, Lecavalier, Gaborik, Havlat, Gionta, Ribero, Doan, Connoly, Smythe, Alfredson, Hossa, McDonald, Jokinen, Cole, Legwand, Umberger, Bertuzzi, Hedjuk, Prospal, Neil, Ponikorovski, Cooke, Ruutu for starters on forward. 1/2 of all goalies, probably a 1/3 of the defensemen too.

Throw in the 4th liners, #6/7 d-men and back-up goalies who only get 3 or 4 seasons in the NHL, the young guns who don't make it because they are fighting against next year's crowd too, and we are looking at about 1/2 of the players either not making it, not returning, or missing one of their last 3 to 4 seasons, which is costing them between 25% and 33% of the remaining salary they could be earning.

Makes me wonder who exactly Fehr is negotiating for, and how this is benefiting the other half, let alone the half I just mentioned. I know he is fighting for the guys with the 8-13 year contracts, but that really is just a handful of players. Seems to me the other 90% of the players are getting screwed a little harder and deeper every day by Fehr believing the sky is rose-coloured, and not Bettman's Black.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!