There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Strangelove » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Strangelove wrote:Colour me over-optimistic but I smell a tentative agreement within days! :mex:

Okay, now I can taste it, deal by Friday, you have my personal guarantee. :thumbs:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:15 pm

rats19 wrote:Toad Lickers....:)

Mojo Nixon
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Tiger wrote:Meds wrote:

As for the pensions and shit.....ummm.....helloooo.....you just made more money in a 10 year career than the average person is going to make in their entire life. If you invested a tenth of it wisely you are going to draw more of a pension from interest than most people will get from their actual pension plans. I'm not OK with government officials getting the pensions they are "entitled to", definitely not going to be OK with a hockey player griping about not getting enough of a pension.

OK I am an old fart but in 40 years of working I didn't make as much as some hockey players make in 1 year let alone 10..
Getting a little tired of listening to the "union" crap . This is about greed not fairness or need.. Some of the owners go broke over the years but the players get to live the dream and are very well compensated .. Sorry, I have very little compassion for the "poor downtrodden " players..

I'm sure we could name a lot of players who have hard luck stories over the years, but can anyone really name an owner who has gone broke owning a team? All the ones I can think of who claimed to lose their shirt made out pretty good in the sale and if they did go broke they probably deserved it.
Shenkarow
Pocklington
Griffiths
Aubut
McNall
Who am I missing here? The guy who lost the coyotes ? I'll grant that one but only grudgingly as they never should have moved the team there in the first place.
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tiger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 pm

UK Canuck said:
if they did go broke they probably deserved it.

Hope you can explain that one?? or is it just a normal commie rat rant?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ukcanuck » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Tiger wrote:UK Canuck said:

I was thinking of McNall and his jail tax fraud or whatever it was.

(And there is a world of difference between a union man and a commie rat, ask a teamster if you are in doubt :) )
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tiger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Tiger wrote:UK Canuck said:

I was thinking of McNall and his jail tax fraud or whatever it was.

(And there is a world of difference between a union man and a commie rat, ask a teamster if you are in doubt :) )

Jimmie Hoffa ?? ok a rat gangster ... but so far you been quoting pure Marx.. Unions were for fairness and need. not bucks and greed
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 am

Tiger wrote: Jimmie Hoffa ?? ok a rat gangster ... but so far you been quoting pure Marx.. Unions were for fairness and need. not bucks and greed

greed cuts both ways and if we are gonna be insulted by greed, then you ought to be more insulted by the billionaires greed rather than the millionaires. As for fairness well we might have to agree to disagree cause I've already said the owners enjoy their lofty position due to a crooked system.
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby the Dogsalmon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 am

UK sleeps with a copy of das kapital and the communist manifesto under his pillow...lazy fuckers of the world...unite...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby the Dogsalmon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 am

ukcanuck wrote:
Tiger wrote: Jimmie Hoffa ?? ok a rat gangster ... but so far you been quoting pure Marx.. Unions were for fairness and need. not bucks and greed

greed cuts both ways and if we are gonna be insulted by greed, then you ought to be more insulted by the billionaires greed rather than the millionaires. As for fairness well we might have to agree to disagree cause I've already said the owners enjoy their lofty position due to a crooked system.

quite possibly the owners who are rich work 10x as hard as the union guys...ever seen a government employee working at full steam?...gov't full steam is the same as full stop in the private sector...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

quite possibly the owners who are rich work 10x as hard as the union guys...ever seen a government employee working at full steam?...gov't full steam is the same as full stop in the private sector...

First off I am a government employee and it took 6 years of university to qualify for the job and another 5 years to learn to be good at it and quite frankly I doubt if the average person would be able to tell if I'm doing a good job or bad one. There is a whole field of study based on the effects of what my industry has on society and the smartest most educated people on the planet can't decide what's the diagnosis and prognosis till decades after the fact.

Every four years another asshole gets elected to govern and each one comes from a non professional background claiming he or she knows best and every year they send an army of autocrats and bean counters (who have no clue, no education, and no expertise in what I am doing let alone how to improve on it) coming in to make wholesale changes on the way I have to do things
and most scarily to make changes in my job security and pay conditions all based on budgetary concerns (because wealthy people think its a crime to pay their fair share of taxes. )

So you will have to excuse me for being Grateful that I have a union to protect me from knee jerk assholes who have no idea

As for the idea that we are lazy fucks, well that's a lot bigger generalization than the one I'm putting forward. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule but seriously, the idea that ordinary people, workers like you and me are fundamentally lazy and have no professional integrity or pride in a job well done, and would revert to Amoebae like intelligence once unionized is a fabrication by the people that would have us all in work factories.
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby dbr » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm

ukcanuck wrote:First off I am a government employee and it took 6 years of university to qualify for the job and another 5 years to learn to be good at it and quite frankly I doubt if the average person would be able to tell if I'm doing a good job or bad one. There is a whole field of study based on the effects of what my industry has on society and the smartest most educated people on the planet can't decide what's the diagnosis and prognosis till decades after the fact.

So basically by the time we figure out just how useless you are, you'll be collecting your pension. :sly:
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 pm

dbr wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:First off I am a government employee and it took 6 years of university to qualify for the job and another 5 years to learn to be good at it and quite frankly I doubt if the average person would be able to tell if I'm doing a good job or bad one. There is a whole field of study based on the effects of what my industry has on society and the smartest most educated people on the planet can't decide what's the diagnosis and prognosis till decades after the fact.

So basically by the time we figure out just how useless you are, you'll be collecting your pension. :sly:

Lol yeah about right, but the system is welcome for my contributions in the form of tuition, taxes, blood, sweat and tears. and thanks to microwave ovens, chem trails, and Genetically modified foods, i'll probably only live long enough to collect one or two or two pension cheques :)
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Reefer2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 am

As someone who also works in government, not all workers are lazy. It is the collective agreements that does not give management the ability to deal with poor workers.

So another week gone by and the little kids still cannot agree on what to agree on. All I know is that in 2019/2020 there will be another strike regardless of what happens here.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Topper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 am

After reading Steve Fehr's three things, the one that stood out was who covers the cost of the lockout.

Appears players are looking to get compensated for games cancelled.

I believe last weeks talks were the result of NBC picking up the phone and calling the NHL and the NHLPA for a chat about the winter classic. A big News Years kick off to the Sunday NBC games that fill a hole after the NFL closes shop, while giving an alternative to the meaningless NCAA FB games of the day.

Oh, based on Sid's comments, he is still a kid.

When did BC Fairies open an office in the UK?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Tciso » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 am

Topper wrote:After reading Steve Fehr's three things, the one that stood out was who covers the cost of the lockout.

Appears players are looking to get compensated for games cancelled.

I would love to hear Bettman's response to that one. Basically it would sound a lot like. "Haha, you stupid Ba$!@&d. If you would have accepted our first offer, you wouldn't have missed any games. Oh, and don't expect us to 'compensate' the players for the lost season next fall when they capitulate and finally sign the same agreement we showed you in September"

I appreciate Fehr negotiating hard for the players, but with every game missed, he's losing ground that he will never regain.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat