Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Listen Blobby Big Mack...the Canucks do not have one prospect on the latest Top 50 Prospects of the NHL. Yakupov ranked 1st, Schultz ranked 22nd, Klefbom ranked 29th. Not one Canuck, Blobby Mac, not one Canuck - http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/

The Penguins have 3. The Red Wings have 2. It proves that you can still find good players later in the draft in which Gillis has not been able to. Tired of the excuse, "well the Canucks haven't been drafting from a favorable position since Gillis has been in charge!" A big pile of stinky ass bull shite that is batman.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 am

i have to agree with RD...our well of prospects is drier than a 75 year old vagina...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Fred » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:49 am

cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:i have to agree with RD...our well of prospects is drier than a 75 year old vagina...

I think most agree with RD in regards to our well of prospects overall.

I think most disagree with RD in regards to his claims that a well of top prospects guarantees future success.

Many factors come into play when it comes to building a successful franchise.

Most of said factors can be observed flying directly over RD's head at any given moment.

He's kinda like that scraggly homeless dude with the "End is Near" sign....

... whom one drives by in one's limo on one's way to one's yacht. :mex:

Canucks are WINNING baby, let's stay focused on the Cup and NOT piss off the Hockey Gods any further mmmkay?? :evil:

Last edited by Strangelove on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Tanev sitting at 38th. :thumbs:

Kassian in the Top 50, Hodgson NOT. :drink:

More from that site:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1382

Vancouver Canucks Top 10 Prospects

1. Nicklas Jensen, Left Wing
2. Brendan Gaunce, Center
3. Frankie Corrado, Defense
4. Kevin Connauton, Defense
5. Jordan Schroeder, Center
6. Anton Rodin, Left Wing
7. Patrick McNally, Defense
8. Eddie Lack, Goaltender
9. Joseph LaBate, Center
10. Alexandre Grenier, Right Wing

Organizational Ranking: 24th

System Overview: Vancouver was a hard system to rank because they have a fair amount of talent, but there are question marks up and down their pipeline. Can Jensen get some consistency and have a big season? How high is the upside for Gaunce and Corrado? Can Connauton defend in the NHL? Will Rodin break out? How for real is Alex Grenier? Did Eddie Lack's big seasons come from his talent level, or from bringing a goalie in his mid-20's in the AHL? I could see an argument that there's a league-average amount of talent in this system, but there are a lot of things to watch for this team going into next season.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:40 pm

I missed the overtime of the Abbotsford Heat game last night, can anybody tell me who won and who scored the winning goal?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 pm

RoyalDude wrote:LOOK IT'S JUSTIN SCHULTZ!!!

____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Aaronp18 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:44 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I missed the overtime of the Abbotsford Heat game last night, can anybody tell me who won and who scored the winning goal?

I missed the game on Friday, can anyone tell me how many goals the Barons scored?
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:04 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:i have to agree with RD...our well of prospects is drier than a 75 year old vagina...

The sky is falling !! The sky is falling !!
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:06 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Listen Blobby Big Mack...the Canucks do not have one prospect on the latest Top 50 Prospects of the NHL. Yakupov ranked 1st, Schultz ranked 22nd, Klefbom ranked 29th. Not one Canuck, Blobby Mac, not one Canuck - http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/

The Penguins have 3. The Red Wings have 2. It proves that you can still find good players later in the draft in which Gillis has not been able to. Tired of the excuse, "well the Canucks haven't been drafting from a favorable position since Gillis has been in charge!" A big pile of stinky ass bull shite that is batman.

Once again, it's hard to take someone seriously who puts any stock into the clowns who write for hockeysfuture.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Jack Gordon, Tom Watts, Harry Neale, Bill Laforge, Michel Petit, JJ Daigneault, Moe Lemay dark days of Canuck hockey are set to return to these shores in a couple years Blobby Mac. Trust me my good man.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Jack Gordon, Tom Watts, Harry Neale, Bill Laforge, Michel Petit, JJ Daigneault, Moe Lemay dark days of Canuck hockey are set to return to these shores in a couple years Blobby Mac. Trust me my good man.

Is that what the experts at HF are predicting ?
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Seriously Coast Meridian Blobby, I think this Canuck bunch has two good years left in them. I don't doubt for a minute that they will finish tops of the league, they will still continue to struggle bulging the twine, rippling the mesh. But they will continue to eek out the wins, but once the Sisters start hitting mid 30's we are in deep cow dung cause we got nothing in the way of high end NHL talent waiting in the wings, brewing on the farm if ya dig. Thats my beef. The Gillis management team has created a serious void in the next wave. We've had a good run of torch passing for more than a decade starting with the Bure/Linden years, then the Naslund/Bertuzzi years then the Sedin years, but who is next Blobby? Who do ya see capable of taking the torch from the sisters? Nada, nobody, zilcho damilcho. That is my beef with Gillis, he has severed the chain with his poor drafting and developing. Trust me my man, Kassian, Jensens and Gaunce will not keep this team in prominentville hockey. Unless Gillis is able to get back a top notch prospect/pick from a Lou trade we might avoid Jack Gordon like hockey, but if not, this team is heading for some serious dark days of hockey once again. All because of Gillis.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 am

I'm too drunk to read RD's last rant, sorry bud, It's (or was) remembrance day and as a soldier it's my day to get gassed!

Anyways.... was meaning to post this in the prospects forum but given the conversation this seems to make sense.

In the last 30-something years, only six number 1 picks have won the Cup with the teams that drafted them. Pretty sure it's Kane, Crosby, Fleury, Lecavalier, Modano and Lemieux. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. Seems to me, if you don't play for a team in Pittsburgh, you're royally fucked (much like the dude's social life).

The Oilers better get mighty good, because they've been the most pathetic, disgusting, and tragic hockey team to grace the NHL over the past few seasons.... we'll benefit from watching such a fantastic team 6 times/year.... but there's no way the Canucks should be scared of the Oilers yet.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:48 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:I'm too drunk to read RD's last rant, sorry bud, It's (or was) remembrance day and as a soldier it's my day to get gassed!

Anyways.... was meaning to post this in the prospects forum but given the conversation this seems to make sense.

In the last 30-something years, only six number 1 picks have won the Cup with the teams that drafted them. Pretty sure it's Kane, Crosby, Fleury, Lecavalier, Modano and Lemieux. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. Seems to me, if you don't play for a team in Pittsburgh, you're royally fucked (much like the dude's social life).

The Oilers better get mighty good, because they've been the most pathetic, disgusting, and tragic hockey team to grace the NHL over the past few seasons.... we'll benefit from watching such a fantastic team 6 times/year.... but there's no way the Canucks should be scared of the Oilers yet.

Hey Nucklehead, stay focused and screw that noggin on. Who the fuck is talking about drafting no. 1 overall and the results from that? Any idiot will tell you that if you just narrow down Cup wins won by teams with their own no. 1 picks, the odds of that happening are going to be quite fucking slim. Widen that margin a little and join in on the conversation will ya. We are talking about drafting as a whole, not just no. 1 picks my good man. How often does a team get to draft no. 1 overall? When was the last time the Wings drafted no. 1 overall, how many cups they won? How many of those players on those Cup winning Red Wing teams were their own draft picks. Take a look at the Hawks. Toews, Seabrook, Bolland, Byfuglien, Kane, Keith etc. Take a look at the Bruins. Where did they draft - Beregeron. Lucic, Marchand, Kreji? Certainly not no. 1. All 2nd and 3rd round picks, how important were those players to that Cup win for the Bruins. Kinda knocks down the excuse for Gillis not being able to draft good players due to the unfavorable position he has been drafting from. The rest of the Bruins key players were acquired in shrewd trades, something that Gillis has yet to succeed in. Same goes for the Blackhawks cup win, take a look at some of those key trades.

The problem with Gillis is that he inherited a team already set with good players, he has failed enormously in the area of drafting and trading. Anyhow, at least we finally get to see what Gillis is truly made of now that the team is about to enter a transitional phase as some key players will start to show their age soon. When that happens, thats when we finally get to see what kind of smarts Gillis has.

I'm not championing the Oilers management for stinking the joint out for a good number of seasons to acquire these group of good young players. I think it's cheeseball management and that awarding the worst team in the league with a no. 1 pick is wrong. I fucking hate it. Giving the top prize to the worst management of the year is ass backwards, IMO. It frustrates me that the Oilers are stocked with all these good young players because of that. But if you look at teams like the Red Wings and Bruins you can still find great players later in the draft and combine that with smart trades you can still win the cup. That is where I give Gillis low marks. I talk about the Oilers not being great at drafting, I talk about them in that they will be a very good team in a few years due to an archaic system in drafting in pro sports.

All your argument does is point out the obvious, you can win a cup by building a team with top picks by stinking for a good number of years like the Hawks and Penguins, or you can win the cup by having smart management who can find great players outside the first round, or late in the first round and making smart, timely trades like the Bruins, the Devils and Red Wings have.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat