Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:Yup, if it was about a chance to win he'd be in Vancouver.

Yes, Schultz with his age and all is completely focused only on the short term, the near future, since he only has a few years left in his long storied NHL career, his days as a pro are coming to and end. Sorry my friend, he sees something brewing in Edmonton. No offense, but the heart of your beloved Vancouver Canucks, ahem 'the Sedins' ahem are coming close to the end of the line. Schultz, Im assuming is a smart man, it ain't too hard to see what the future lies here, for both clubs. To sit there and to completely disregard just how good this group of RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz, Klefbom will be like in a few years when they start to really hit their stride is complete fucking ignorance.

LOL the same Coilers who have garnered an average of 66 points the last three seasons. The same team that has a weak goalie, two or three NHL D-men no depth in the middle and no gritty wingers that can play. Real fucking juggernaut there Pacific Blue. The city is an armpit and soon enough that and the constant losing will wear on the young kids. i see them maybe making the playoffs in a couple of years but that team needs a HELL of a lot more than what they currently have. Devan Dubnyk moves about as quicly as Alex Bauld. Big, slow backup goalie.

Klefbom migth be a 4/5 d-man one day and Schultz looks good but after that it's pretty slim pickings. Then again you were the guy signing the praises of Colton Teubert , so there ya go. Any team with Tamby and Lowe running it with Katz as an owner does not worry me in the slightest.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Klefbom migth be a 4/5 d-man one day and Schultz looks good but after that it's pretty slim pickings.

Gotta disagree with ya there Blobby Mac. Klefbom will most likely be a top 2 D-man one day. 6-3, fast, great shot, passer, great puck moving abilities, smart blah, blah, the guy is through the roof on the charts. Hockeysfuture rates him an 8.0, same as Schultz. Do they Canucks even have an 8.0 rated prospect??? Klefbom would undoubtedly be our no. 1 prospect in our system if he were a Canuck. I don't think ya know too much about this kid from the ways ya talkin', B-Mac.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL the same Coilers who have garnered an average of 66 points the last three seasons. The same team that has a weak goalie, two or three NHL D-men no depth in the middle and no gritty wingers that can play. Real fucking juggernaut there Pacific Blue. The city is an armpit and soon enough that and the constant losing will wear on the young kids. i see them maybe making the playoffs in a couple of years but that team needs a HELL of a lot more than what they currently have. Devan Dubnyk moves about as quicly as Alex Bauld. Big, slow backup goalie.

Klefbom migth be a 4/5 d-man one day and Schultz looks good but after that it's pretty slim pickings. Then again you were the guy signing the praises of Colton Teubert , so there ya go. Any team with Tamby and Lowe running it with Katz as an owner does not worry me in the slightest.

Mostly I agree with ya Blob. But when I look at the offense that team can put together with a few of their young players, I gotta think they will be a threat to make the next playoffs we see.....maybe 2 seasons away at most.

Eberle, Hall, and RNH are good enough to carry the offense now. Particularly when you have guys like Ales Hemesky and Sam Gagner to factor in. It's 5 parts of a top 6. They need some size though. Beyond that they are absolute shit, and Gagner really isn't a guy that will carry a line, he's like Morrison to Bertuzzi and Naslund.

So 5 guys who can play.....and don't forget Yakupov waiting in the wings to get his shot. He's Russian, so that could mean boom or bust, but if he pans out then with one right move, like trading Gagner, Hemesky, and a pick or two, for two top 6 guys that can bring a physical component to their offense, well there you have a very good top 6. Then there are 6 other guys who can eat a few minutes and maybe rough up the other team. It's not bad......until you look at the blueline corps.

Nothing doing there, the blueline is weak. Prospects have no mentors and the coaching staff doesn’t inspire when it comes to player development in that department.....which is weird when you think that Kevin Lowe, their President of Hockey Operations, was actually a good NHL defenseman who could play at both ends of the ice. Couple the weak blueline with a complete mess in the crease and you have a team that can probably score their way into the post-season but will be a complete non-factor once the whistle gets put away and opponents tighten up and every point has to be earned. At that point their young-gun offense will need some seasoning and support before they do any damage beyond first round appearances.

Once they get to that stage, they will not be drafting in the top 2 anymore, their prospect cupboard will start to thin out and any trade leverage will begin to disappear. Then they will have to rely on being able to attract marquis free agents to their team.....this is when the “armpit” kicks them in the ass and they start a new plunge back to the basement. At that point their current upcoming stars will want out for a chance to play for a contender.

Edmonton is screwed.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:34 am

Meds wrote:
..this is when the “armpit” kicks them in the ass .

Edmonton is screwed.

I find it more like an ass....an ass load of nothing surrounding a smelly little valley with a brown excuse for a river cutting through town.
Other than that you're right on the money! Lots of sizzle but no steak when the games will matter.
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Madcombinepilot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 am

so, since the NHLPA and the Owners are talking again, speculation has begun on the end of the lockout....

Does this mean everyone can start speculating on Luongo's trade date again??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Postby Reefer2 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:so, since the NHLPA and the Owners are talking again, speculation has begun on the end of the lockout....

NHL/NHLPA agree Nov 9th
NHLPA ratify deal Nov 16th
Season starts Dec 1 - 3

Luongo traded Nov 21st

Canucks win cup June ??

Fans don't riot May/June/July
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:28 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:so, since the NHLPA and the Owners are talking again, speculation has begun on the end of the lockout....

NHL/NHLPA agree Nov 9th
Season starts Dec 1 - 3

Luongo traded Nov 21st

Canucks win cup June ??

speculatoriumism :sly:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Tciso » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Reefer2 wrote:

NHL/NHLPA agree Nov 9th
Season starts Dec 1 - 3

Luongo traded Nov 21st

Canucks win cup June ??

We have a black man hanging around the White House for another 4 years, so anything is possible.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:42 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Klefbom migth be a 4/5 d-man one day and Schultz looks good but after that it's pretty slim pickings.

Gotta disagree with ya there Blobby Mac. Klefbom will most likely be a top 2 D-man one day. 6-3, fast, great shot, passer, great puck moving abilities, smart blah, blah, the guy is through the roof on the charts. Hockeysfuture rates him an 8.0, same as Schultz. Do they Canucks even have an 8.0 rated prospect??? Klefbom would undoubtedly be our no. 1 prospect in our system if he were a Canuck. I don't think ya know too much about this kid from the ways ya talkin', B-Mac.

Klefbom has some tools for sure, but he hasn't put up any numbers that lead a person to believe he will be the superstar you and your buddies at hf are drumming him up to be.

The fact that you preach about hf as being good judges of talent tells me a lot. You could find a few of your mouthwash guzzling buddies from the Ivanhoe who know as much about hockey as the retards who write for hf. About 6 or 7 years ago hf had the Canucks prospects listed as in the bottom 5 of the league. I think Edler, Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows, Hansen and even your bois Raymond and Grabner have proven those idiots wrong. We will never know about Bourdon.....though for once the Pauser was right, Kopitar was a no brainer with that pick. I was yelling at Cheesburger Boy when he passed him by.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 am

The bottom line B-Mac and cheese, the Oilers will be handing us our lunch in a few years once the Sedins have retired and Kesler is in 30'ville. The Kassians, Gaunce's, Schroeders, Tanev's and Jensen's are no match for the young whipper snapper Oilers. lets be real here. Our prospect pool is completely void of any 1st line players, top two pairings on D. We have 2nd 3rd line potential and 4-5 d-man potential but no top flight talent waiting in the Wings to be replacing the Sedins and to be competing with young talent rich Oilers, Avalanche and Wild in our Division. Dark Days for this organization in a few years my good man.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 am

RoyalDude wrote:The bottom line B-Mac and cheese, the Oilers will be handing us our lunch in a few years once the Sedins have retired and Kesler is in 30'ville. The Kassians, Gaunce's, Schroeders, Tanev's and Jensen's are no match for the young whipper snapper Oilers. lets be real here. Our prospect pool is completely void of any 1st line players, top two pairings on D. We have 2nd 3rd line potential and 4-5 d-man potential but no top flight talent waiting in the Wings to be replacing the Sedins and to be competing with young talent rich Oilers, Avalanche and Wild in our Division. Dark Days for this organization in a few years my good man.

Ok Nostradamus. Your meat puppet buddies at HF predicted Ryan Kesler would never be more than a 3rd line player. They didn't think Janik Hansen and Alex Burrows were more than fringe NHL players and they sure as shit didn't think Kevin Bieksa would be a top 3 d man.

Bottom line is Nicklas Jensen and Zack Kassian should be top 6 players and so could Brendan Gaunce.Ryan Kesler is 28 , so there is 2/3 of a top 6 forward group. The team will also have a nice chunk of money to spend when the twins start to fade and retire.

There doesn't appear to be a stud in the system at the moment and in hindsight the Keith Ballard trade has hurt the team in that we could have had Evgeny Kuznetsov, Brock Nelson, Charlie Coyle, Emerson Etem or Justin Faulk. I could care less about losing Michael Grabner as he wasn't that good of a player.Who knows though, one of Jensen, Gaunce, Kevin Connauton, or Kassian may really take off and come out of nowhere kinda like a Ryan Kesler, Jamie Benn or Kris Letang. Not to say Kesler Benn and Letang weren't highly touted coming out of junior/college but these players have really exceded expectations.

There will also be a return on the Luongo trade and perhaps MG will flip KB 4 and pick up a 2nd rounder or a decent young prospect for an asset that has been terribly mismanaged by Alain Vigneault. Rick Bowness had KB in Phoenix. How in the hell did he not know the guy is a trainwreck on the right side of the ice ?
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The bottom line B-Mac and cheese, the Oilers will be handing us our lunch in a few years once the Sedins have retired and Kesler is in 30'ville. The Kassians, Gaunce's, Schroeders, Tanev's and Jensen's are no match for the young whipper snapper Oilers. lets be real here. Our prospect pool is completely void of any 1st line players, top two pairings on D. We have 2nd 3rd line potential and 4-5 d-man potential but no top flight talent waiting in the Wings to be replacing the Sedins and to be competing with young talent rich Oilers, Avalanche and Wild in our Division. Dark Days for this organization in a few years my good man.

Ok Nostradamus. Your meat puppet buddies at HF predicted Ryan Kesler would never be more than a 3rd line player. They didn't think Janik Hansen and Alex Burrows were more than fringe NHL players and they sure as shit didn't think Kevin Bieksa would be a top 3 d man.

Bottom line is Nicklas Jensen and Zack Kassian should be top 6 players and so could Brendan Gaunce.Ryan Kesler is 28 , so there is 2/3 of a top 6 forward group. The team will also have a nice chunk of money to spend when the twins start to fade and retire.

There doesn't appear to be a stud in the system at the moment and in hindsight the Keith Ballard trade has hurt the team in that we could have had Evgeny Kuznetsov, Brock Nelson, Charlie Coyle, Emerson Etem or Justin Faulk. I could care less about losing Michael Grabner as he wasn't that good of a player.Who knows though, one of Jensen, Gaunce, Kevin Connauton, or Kassian may really take off and come out of nowhere kinda like a Ryan Kesler, Jamie Benn or Kris Letang. Not to say Kesler Benn and Letang weren't highly touted coming out of junior/college but these players have really exceded expectations.

There will also be a return on the Luongo trade and perhaps MG will flip KB 4 and pick up a 2nd rounder or a decent young prospect for an asset that has been terribly mismanaged by Alain Vigneault. Rick Bowness had KB in Phoenix. How in the hell did he not know the guy is a trainwreck on the right side of the ice ?

Listen Big Mac Meal...If Yak, turns out, in which duh he will...the Oilers have two first lines for the next decade set in place and probably the best one/two punch, first unit PP, 2nd unit PP with a fantastic QB in Schultz. Do not be surprised to see all four of the names - Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yak in the top 10 in scoring in a few years. Hell, Eberle, RNH and Hall were close to that last year as zit faced teenagers, if it weren't for injuries.

Combined with the fact that they have in place two first lines in those 4 forwards, they seemingly have their top 2 pairing Dee in place as well in Schultz and Klefbom. Make a few deals here and there, ie Pjaaravi, Gagner, Omark, Hemsky to tidy up the loose ends, this group could easily bring back Lord Stanley to Edmonton once again.

Bottom line is B Mac, Hall, Eberle and RNH have already proven themselves as first line NHL'ers. Kassian, Jensen and Gaunce haven't even proved they can play in the NHL, nevermind being top line players. Lets be real bro, Kassian, Jensen and Gaunce will never be in the same league as Hall, RNH, Eberle not to mention Yak.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:14 am

Edmonton won't be able to get all those players under the cap if they turn out as good as you and gas huffing friends think they will be. Convenient of you to ignore my points and just gush about the Oiler players.

Break up the Oilers. They have averaged 66 points the last three years. Must have been injuries that kept them from breaking the 70 point barrier.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 pm

RoyalDude wrote:the Oilers have two first lines for the next decade set in place and probably the best one/two punch, first unit PP, 2nd unit PP

Hmmm lessee....

#1 PP = Hall + RNH + Yak + Eberle on the point + ??

#2 PP = ?? + ?? + ?? + ?? + ??

:lol:

RoyalDude wrote:they seemingly have their top 2 pairing Dee in place as well in Schultz and Klefbom.

RoyalDude wrote:Make a few deals here and there, ie Pjaaravi, Gagner, Omark, Hemsky to tidy up the loose ends, this group could easily bring back Lord Stanley to Edmonton once again.

.... you forgot the part where the Fairy Godmother turns a pumpkin into a carriage! :mex:

Ummm it takes talent & depth at every position to win the Cup there dude.

As an aside, wasn't it a bannable offence at the other CC to suggest an Albertan team would EVER win a Cup? :drink:
____
Big Dog
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ok Nostradamus.

More like Miss Cleo. :wink:
____
Big Dog
Strangelove
CC Legend