There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: There will be a strike

Post by rats19 »

nuckster wrote:What the hell is this you guys!!?? This is a frikin hockey board and this thread is about the strike... (which should be titled `lockout'). If i wanted to read diatribe about the intricacies of fuckin healthcare I can opt to go to a site on healthcare... spare me!!! Is our moderator asleep at the wheel here, or has the lack of real hockey action been a catalyst for regression into or onto issues that actually mean something? I come here to escape reality and or digress into a alter-hockey universe.I wonder if my local Jr. A hockey team has a blog site? Jeeessus
validity valid!! Nuckster the blog of which you speak for your Jr A team is likely active and on topic---due to having a season activly going....Do you really think in these dark times I or any mod should get down to the book on this...really, either dont read it or lighten up a little ..mmkay

*have I told anyone that "Dayana Mendoza" takes my breath away...:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

The NHL has altered its make whole provision today which entails the owners covering the costs rather than the players, this could be a big first step, but who knows what details are under the surface :scowl:

Also the winter classic was cancelled today which I don't really care about however I will miss the HBO 24/7 special, I love seeing the shit that happens out on the ice at the players level.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Either way, if the NHL leadership decides to forfeit another season, the trustees must put their foot down and stop them from desecrating Lord Stanley's memory. The cup is meant to be awarded annually to the best team in the Dominion. It says nothing of the NHL. If the NHL is too busy with yet another pissing contest, the cup should be awarded to the best team in the Dominion that IS playing.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Per wrote:Either way, if the NHL leadership decides to forfeit another season, the trustees must put their foot down and stop them from desecrating Lord Stanley's memory. The cup is meant to be awarded annually to the best team in the Dominion. It says nothing of the NHL. If the NHL is too busy with yet another pissing contest, the cup should be awarded to the best team in the Dominion that IS playing.

so they award it with the Memorial Cup???
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Per wrote:Either way, if the NHL leadership decides to forfeit another season, the trustees must put their foot down and stop them from desecrating Lord Stanley's memory. The cup is meant to be awarded annually to the best team in the Dominion. It says nothing of the NHL. If the NHL is too busy with yet another pissing contest, the cup should be awarded to the best team in the Dominion that IS playing.

hmmm BEst team in the Dominion??? .. there is no Dominion... but if the SC was awarded to the best team in Canada. Maybe the KHL could come over for a couple games?? Or maybe a playoff between KHL and AHL?? :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:

That would be kinda cool in a depressing as hell way... But I have renewed hope, the make whole provision adjustments that bettman moved toward yesterday makes me think that maybe there is a deal to be made before the whole season is gassed. Call me crazy (what the hell I'm sure you've called me worse already) but It seems to me that as the clock ticks toward the real pressure point where the season dies, the better bettman's offers become. I guess if I'm Fehr I would expect that the day before that would be the deal to start negotiating with...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Tiger wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:

hmmm BEst team in the Dominion??? .. there is no Dominion... but if the SC was awarded to the best team in Canada. Maybe the KHL could come over for a couple games?? Or maybe a playoff between KHL and AHL?? :)

in 1867 the Dominion of Canada was formed with 4 provinces...i think...i am a little stoned at the moment so i may have fucked it all up...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Tiger wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:
in 1867 the Dominion of Canada was formed with 4 provinces...i think...i am a little stoned at the moment so i may have fucked it all up...
You got the start date right but I believe the dominion ceased to exist after WW1 or WW2 depending on who you talk too. After WW1 Canada had control of its own foreign policy which would make it an independent country but Canadoan Citizenship did not exist till 1947. ..can't have a country without citizens ..... shrug
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

you missed it...again...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:you missed it...again...
lol i'm just batting a 1000 with you aint I?
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

ukcanuck wrote:
lol i'm just batting a 1000 with you aint I?

no one is keeping score...its all good fun...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah UK, he was inviting you for a threesome with his wife! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sto ... -fehr.html
The conversation is flowing again between the NHL and NHL Players' Association.

A marathon meeting between deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr stretched from Saturday afternoon into the early hours of Sunday morning, and was followed by some encouraging news: The sides expect to return to the bargaining table again soon.

"We met on and off for most of the day and covered a lot of ground," Daly told The Canadian Press via e-mail. "We plan to meet again early in the week."

Daly and Fehr got together at an undisclosed location in an effort to shield themselves from the media spotlight and start finding a way forward in negotiations. The session included "good, frank discussion on the most important issues separating us," according to Daly.

There was certainly a positive feeling in the air afterwards, with Fehr saying in a statement that he agreed with how Daly summed up the session.

"Hopefully we can continue the dialogue, expand the group, and make steady progress," added Fehr.
NOW you're talkin! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Yeah UK, he was inviting you for a threesome with his wife! :D
Lol look up riding a train to Regina in the urban dictionary :D !
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

you commie stooge...what kind of peasant...sorry...person...uses the "urban dictionary"...its about as reliable as wikipedia...