There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: There will be a strike

Postby Per » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:08 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I think you threw that in my face before but it means nothing, public colleges and mickey mouse universities puke out thousands of MBA's every year most of which end up working for the man or posting in fan forum sites.

Hey! I resent that! :mad:

The Gothenburg University Business School has no affiliation whatsoever with Walt Disney, I did not get puked out, I'm perfectly happy working for the government, and what if I enjoy posting at fan forum sites? :evil:
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ukcanuck » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Per wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I think you threw that in my face before but it means nothing, public colleges and mickey mouse universities puke out thousands of MBA's every year most of which end up working for the man or posting in fan forum sites.

Hey! I resent that! :mad:

The Gothenburg University Business School has no affiliation whatsoever with Walt Disney, I did not get puked out, I'm perfectly happy working for the government, and what if I enjoy posting at fan forum sites? :evil:

lol well I guess if the glass slipper Doesn't fit then don't try to wear it?
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Let's face it: Generally the rich (owners and players) are getting richer and the poor (average fans) are getting poorer.

One would think your average lefty would want this lockout to go on forever. :drink:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:Let's face it: Generally the rich (owners and players) are getting richer and the poor (average fans) are getting poorer.

One would think your average lefty would want this lockout to go on forever. :drink:

Thats funny but there are people around here who might think you are serious ....and they have guns :crazy:
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Let's face it: Generally the rich (owners and players) are getting richer and the poor (average fans) are getting poorer.

Thats funny but there are people around here who might think you are serious ....and they have guns :crazy:

LOL when they start getting their guns out you know you are WINNING!
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby FanStrike » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Meds wrote:I actually wish that the "masses" could get on the same page and collectively tell the NHL and its players to go screw themselves...

You essentially can! Visit fanstrike.net & sign the petition. Join the movement and show your value as a fan by giving the NHL an ultimatum: either go back to work or lose our support!!!
FanStrike
AHL Prospect

Postby Mondi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

Won't work, there are far too many people who hate their lives and who lives vicariously through the NHL to ever shut down the league. If I work 11 hour days, I want to go home crush a few beers and watch the game goddammit!

But, seriously, the NHL will come back eventually as will the fans. People like to be a part of "something bigger", whether it be superstition, nationalism, jingoism, fanaticism...whatever it is, people will be back.

The best, and perhaps only way, is if they sit out long enough (i.e. years) people will become disinterested more organically and find they have better things to do than watch over grown teenagers chase a puck around the ice and then get interviewed about it and tell all of us work-a-day professionals how much they have sacrificed to get there.

And, if I were a player, I'd be trying to organize a new league, and threatening to sit out forever as the owners are bargaining in bad faith. Unfortunately, the players are just jocks who see every challenge is a fight or battle, rather than get creative they will get entrenched...well they already have. Next step is players individually beaking off their owners, that will be interesting.

As for my two cents about solving it, the owners and PA have to realize they have the wrong kinds of people at the top. People who care about winning a dispute rather than doing what is right for the economics / spirit of the game. Fehr appears to be a pretty big meathead, and we all know how obtuse Bettman can be, after this is over both men need to be shown the door and replaced by mature and rational negotiators (preferably Canadians).
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby dbr » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:37 am

Ha ha ha. Hey Doc what are your thoughts on sport having supplanted religion as the opiate of the masses? :look:
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Mondi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:39 am

dbr wrote:

Ha ha ha. Hey Doc what are your thoughts on sport having supplanted combined with religion as the opiate of the masses? :look:
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:42 pm

dbr wrote:

Ha ha ha. Hey Doc what are your thoughts on sport having supplanted religion as the opiate of the masses? :look:

Well Dave it wouldn't surprise me if godless leftists of today dream of, among other things, “freeing” us all from what they perceive as the oppression of major league sports.

Those twisted fucks...
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:09 pm

God and profits, that's what I stand for. Only not in that order.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Mondi wrote:God and profits, that's what I stand for. Only not in that order.

Prophets or profits ... Hmmm
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby the Dogsalmon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Strangelove wrote:
dbr wrote:

Well Dave it wouldn't surprise me if godless leftists of today dream of, among other things, “freeing” us all from what they perceive as the oppression of major league sports.

Those twisted fucks...

cocksuckers...complete fuckin' cocksuckers...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby porp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Mondi wrote:The best, and perhaps only way, is if they sit out long enough (i.e. years) people will become disinterested more organically and find they have better things to do...

A-freaking-men. Instead of watching other people play, go out and join a league yourself.

Lots harder to do than say - and I wanna join a league but I don't have a car and I'll need to spend a season getting my skating back up.
porp
CC Veteran

Postby Tiger » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Pers said:
working for the government

hmm Government worker in BC is an oxymoron .. Nobody really works !!
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat