Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
- Location: Saskatoon, Sk.
1. Naslund was overpaid at $6M for what he has delivered the past few season. Vigneault has played him with multiple players including the Sedins. 25 goals is not worth $6M. PERIOD.
2. Luongo tanked in the last 15 games. Blame his personal issues, but if he stole a game or two, the Canucks would have made the playoffs.
3. Todd Bertuzzi has lost it by the way. Plain and simple.
Stop blaming the media for stating the obvious.
I think that the point is not blaming the media for stating the obvious (they should state facts), but they seem to feel the need to repeat it hundreds of times, then when we get tired of hearing it (like after the 2nd or 3rd), they embellish the truth to make it more intresting (thus straying from the facts). Thing is, the embellishments are usually all geared towards the negative.
And they do embellish it all to create more intrest and drama. and Negative drama sells more than positive drama
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
- Posts: 699
- Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
- Location: Yaletown
What can I say?
I will also state the obvious:
1. The media work in a BUSINESS. The Media generates advertising revenues and help sell newspapers
2. The Canucks and all other professional sports teams are a business as well. They need the Media to generate interest. The Canucks don't like it when the media makes a big deal about a controversial issue, but trust me, the Whitecaps could only wish the media would write/talk about them on a regular basis. Quick quiz: name me five Vancouver Canucks. Now, name five Vancouver Whitecaps. Yes, I know.
3. The fans buy it, read it, listen to it, watch it - ie. the media enables sports.
Welcome to Show Biz, kids.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER
*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*
WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
- CC Legend
- Posts: 8436
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
- Location: Oakalla
SRsez wrote:Well, PMN,
The pinnacle of sports broadcasting in Vancouver was at Sportspage when Taylor was King & Shorthouse was a snot nose. Remember that horrible playoff peach fuzz? They made fun of it for years afterwards.
Unfortunately, it's been downhill for Taylor ever since.
But I think next hockey season, whenever that might be, might shake a lot out of the "what's best" question, at least pertaining to radio.
Obviously Sportsnet has the best coverage of the Canucks, and we all know that's what truly matters.
FYI, during season, I listen to 1130 at :15 & :45, Team at 20 minute intervals, Moj on drive home, followed by Squire @6:45, TSN at 8, Score at 8:30, Taylor at 10, Sportspage at 11, and VTV or whatever it's now called at 11:20, before TSN again at 11:30 for late game interviews. At least, when the Canucks aren't playing.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES